Utilize my software system quality assurance expertise, management and analytical skills, development experience to help modern IT organizations develop quality systems using up-to-date technology
IT Professional, expert in implementation of Quality functions for big corporations and start-up companies.
Key areas of expertise: System Testing & Test Automation, Process Engineering and Improvement, TQM, Business Process Modeling, Vendor Management, Contract Negotiations
Track record of taking initiative with minimal guidance working as an individual, part of a team and a hands-on manager
Confidential, Pasadena, California
Director, Enterprise IT Standards and Testing Services January 2011 - current
- Completed proposal on Global Testing Competency Center per request of the IT Leadership team and consultations with the cross-functional teams
- Defined and reviewed with key stakeholders process governance framework. ITIL processes and IT services for the pilot are identified. Metrics definition to implemented processes and SLA for services is work in progress. Ensured that process and departmental roles and responsibilities are clearly defined. Implementation plan is defined and kickoff of the pilot scheduled for mid-August
- Defined roadmap for Global IT Standards initiative, co-authored process with Enterprise Architects. Facilitated creation and activities of work groups. Project is currently in the pilot phase of implementation
- Participate in IT ELS events and activities
Confidential, Westlake Village, California
Consultant 2008 - December 2010, 2005-2006
- Perform testing of custom interface to MERS database, current releases of speed-lead.com
- Established procedures, managed and performed testing, leading to minimum production defects for speed-lead.com - business to business SaaS
- Managed projects, including offshore team
- Created and performed sales presentation used to grow the customer base from 2 to 6 during the real estate market downturn of 2007, facilitated definition of system requirements
- Defined and performed system integration testing of web-based Loan Origination and Document Preparation systems
- Led and performed testing for Citicorp Development Center
Confidential, Burbank, California
Sr. Manager, QA 2007 - 2008
- Reorganized QA department implementing performance metrics leading to reduction of the headcount and cutting costs of inefficient outsourcing leading to 40% cost savings
- Identified and streamlined overlapping functions in the organization that allowed to reduce headcount
- Defined, performed and managed testing of the Disney on the phone product line
- Established QA Engineering group that performed white box testing and code analysis leading to the 40% reduction of severe and misidentified defects, root-cause analysis (RCA) to prevent problem rediscovery
- Led ongoing effort to improve capacity/reduce cycle time through the automation, implemented collaborative sign-off process
Confidential, Anaheim, California
Quality Specialist, Assessor 2003 - 2005
- Led Software Engineering Process Group (SEPG) in Software Development Process Improvement effort. Evaluated and selected supporting tools for use throughout the IT organization
- Facilitated definition and implementation, one of the key developers of Software Production Process, including Requirements Management, Project Planning, Tracking and Oversight, Configuration Management (including Change and Release Management), Subcontract Management, Software Quality Assurance
- Reorganized and led project that lifted organization towards CMM Level 3 starting from Level 1. Performed self-assessments within CMM framework. Represented division in external assessment.
- Initiated and performed technical, operational and application audits as Certified Motorola Assessor for the division.
- Facilitated definition and implementation of Quality Metrics.
Confidential, Woodland Hills, California
Manager, Information Systems 2000 - 2002
- Built first QA department necessary to in the organization. Led and performed design, development and implementation of uniform automated regression library, staging environments to support release management
- Proposed and implemented QA policies, standards and practices.
- Evaluated, purchased and implemented tools for test planning, defect management and reporting, automated functional, regression and load testing.
Confidential, Costa Mesa, California
Senior Technical Consultant 1998 - 1999
- Planned and performed testing for multi-platform insurance, claim, and cashiering systems
- Reviewed system requirements, design specifications for quality: fit to need, architectural integrity, technical feasibility, maintainability and testability. Performed projects estimation using COCOMO tool
- Participated in revamp of application development quality philosophy & infrastructure with reverse engineering and optimization of the business processes, with emphasis on Project Management, Requirements Management, Software Quality Assurance, Testing based on SEI CMM framework.
- Managed and trained integration test teams. Implemented test & defect management, automation and code metrics tools
Confidential, Fountain Valley, California
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer 1996 - 1998
- Responsible for reverse engineering of business requirements. Developed business process workflow charts and Data-Flow Diagrams.
- Managed testing team, performed hands-on test planning and testing
- Developed Bug Tracking Application
- Provided technical support for implementation and training teams, communicated with end customers on issues resolution
Confidential, Cypress, California
Consultant, QA 1994 - 1996
- Tested all in-house and third-party software. Promoted applications released at 4 refineries and corporate offices
- Validated Operational Information System tracing processes at refineries. Formulated departmental standards
- Evaluated design, integrity and functionality of third-party applications.
MS in Automation Engineering Specialist in optimization of technological processes
CERTIFICATION: CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor, ITIL v.3.0- Information Technology Infrastructure Library
Confidential, Enterprise Lean Sigma. Leading with System Thinking
Confidential,Software Quality Assessor certification course
Confidential, Managing through Change, Leading the Leaders
Confidential, Managing Information Technology Projects - PMP
Confidential, Rational Software Products Training
Confidential, Executive Training "Play to Win, Becoming Emotionally Intelligent"
PLATFORMS AND TOOLS INCLUDE
WEB, Traditional Client/Server and Mainframe environments
Testing/Code Review: Rational suite, HP suite = Quality Center, WinRunner, LoadRinner, Selenium IDE, Klocwork
Change management/version control/requirements: Rational ClearCase, ClearQuest; Doors
RDMS: MS SQL Server
Project management/presentation: MS Project; MS Office, Visio
Applications: Oracle Applications, SAP (FI/CO), MACESS
BS in Automation Engineering