- Above 7 years of professional experience in QA with extensive experience in performing Manual and Automated Testing.
- Expertise in testing Client-Server, Web based & Mainframe applications using automated testing tools like Win Runner, Test Director, QTP, Quality Center and Manual testing procedures
- Proven experience in writing numerous test plans and test cases for conducting Unit, System, Acceptance, End to End and Pre-Production testing of the applications
- Experience in test management and defect tracking tools, using Quality Center & PVCS Tracker
- Solid experience working with Offshore and Onshore testing model
- Proficient in SQL queries for testing database data integrity on both Mainframes DB2 and on Distributed environment using File Aid, QMF and SQL PLUS.
- A solid understanding of defect resolution with the ability to perform Risk assessment and mitigations.
- Expert in designing and writing Test Strategy’s, Test Plans and Test Cases
- Performed Functional, Business , Integration, Interoperability and Regression Testing
- Performed Smoke, Installation, Back out, Configuration and Security Testing
- Extensive working knowledge of Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall & V-Model testing process
- Quick learner with the ability to grasp and learn new technologies.
- Capable of working both as a team player and independently.
- Having Domain Knowledge in Health Care Insurance, P & C (Auto, Home, Property, etc), and Financial and other applications.
Software Testing Test Plan Preparation and Documentation, Test Scenario and Script Development and Execution, Defect Management, Prioritization, Reporting
TEST TOOLS: QTP, Win Runner, Quality Center, Test Director, PVCS Tracker
DeskTop os: Windows XP/98/95
Operating sys/Server: Windows 2003, Windows 2000 Server, Mainframes
DATABASES: Microsoft Access, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
Desktop SOFTWARE: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Lotus Notes
OTHER UTILITIES: File Aid, QMF, TSO Sessions, SQL plus, MS Share Point
Confidential,MA Sep’2009 – Present
Project - Patient Utilization Management System
Confidential,is an integrated health care system that offers patients a continuum of coordinated high-quality care. The system includes primary care and specialty physicians, community hospitals, the two founding academic medical centers, specialty facilities, community health centers, and other health-related entities. Partners HealthCare is a non-profit organization. The Utilization Management System software was developed to automate all the process of what happens in the Physicians office for patient treatment. The system has both GUI (Web based) and 3270 mainframe screens that were integrated to SQL & DB2 databases. This system consists of several modules of which patient treatment processing and follow-up’s are the primary modules. The patient treatment processing consists of over dosage, treatment duration; incorrect treatment methods etc. functionality is included. Follow-up module records the treatment side effects, patient status, diagnostic analysis etc. Verified Query screens to validate patient medical history module and patient address etc.
- Gathered and Analyzed the Business Requirements, Functional and Technical Specifications for creating a comprehensive Test Strategy, & Test Plans for iteration based testing using Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Wrote functional test cases and reviewed with project team for iteration based testing
- Performing System testing to ensure that the compiled software components of the Applications adhere to Project Standards, Performance Criteria and Functional specifications.
- Created and executing test scripts for positive, negative testing, end to end, and field level validations.
- Wrote SQL queries and statements for backend testing to test database for retrieving information, editing and inserting data.
- Created new test cases and modified some of the existing test cases to cover all test scenarios to test the project enhancement work and fixes for existing Cycles defects.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed new enhancement and modification request issues.
- Daily Interacting with SA’s, BA’s and developers to get all necessary information for testing.
- Using Quality Center defect tracking tool to log the release related defects and worked with developers to explain the details around the defect and retested the application to make sure all the defects are resolved.
- Running several regression test scripts to make sure there are no defects in the application during different cycles of testing.
- Involving in bi-weekly release test walkthroughs and daily defect triage meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole.
Environment: Quality Center, DB2, SQL, .NET, ASP, IE, COBOL, File Aid, Mainframe TSO Sessions, Windows XP, MS Office
Confidential,MA June’2008 – June’ 2009
Client – Main Street America & Allstate (Property & Casualty)
Projects - MSA & Allstate
QA Lead / QA Analyst
Confidential,is a leading policy administration system provider supporting all personal, commercial and specialty line applications in Property & Casualty business. One shield is a leading provider of technology solutions to design to automate the sales and service of insurance and bond products for insurance carriers, major brokers, and managing general agents. One Shield Dragon«, is a tools-based, data-driven insurance underwriting, policy administration, rating and workflow engine. Dragon provides configurable and modifiable options to meet today’s goals and to adapt to future demands for Auto, Home and other Insurance companies.
- Provided test Support to MSA & Allstate Clients
- Prepared test cases, test plans and did walk through’s with Clients, Project Managers, Business contacts and with Implementation Leads
- Interacted with Clients for Test planning & Execution and maintained Client & Vendor relationships
- Produced test metrics daily to show the progress of the testing to QA Manager, Project Manager and to the Business Leads. Coordinated test efforts with 2 to 3 QA test resources at Off Shore and On site for each project assigned.
- Performed all tasks necessary to produce quality software product by using Agile testing process
- Performed Weekly Smoke testing before releasing newer version software delivered to Clients (MSA & Allstate)
- Scheduled daily defects triage meetings and uploaded defects into PVCS tracker for new enhancements and for retesting.
- Attended Weekly QA meetings with management and reviewed QA Statistics showing the progress of work for assigned Projects
- Actively involved in analysis & development of the test cases for different modules of the application
- Performed Unit and System testing by working closely with developers & Implementation managers
- Keyed Policies Manually to test application and to ensure Forms & Declarations are getting generated automatically.
- Captured test evidence and reviewed with all business stake holders for final Sign –off and for Production Implementations.
- Trained new resources who are on board with Testing Process
- Prepared and updated Quality gates forms and uploaded to test repository for future audit trail
- Used PVCS tracker extensively for creating new SCR’s, tracking & for resolution of the defects.
- Quickly learned and worked aggressively on different Lines of business applications (Property, Auto)
Environnent: PVCS Tracker, Java, VB, HTML, Java Script, XML, SQL Server, Internet Explorer,
Windows XP, MS-Office,
Confidential,OH (Property & Casualty) Nov’2007 – May’2008
Project- Commercial Lines (North Carolina / South Carolina Business Expansion)
Test Lead / Test Coordinator
Confidential,is one of the leading Insurance Company in Akron, OHIO which Provides Insurance Coverage’s for Business, Farm & Agri Business and Personal needs. Commercial System 5.3 is a 3270 Mainframe application for automating Forms and Stuffers for North and South Carolina business expansion. After keying correct Trigger conditions in Insurance policies the Declaration forms will be automatically generated so that there won’t be any manual intervention in printing Policy Coverage Information for customers. This application has several modules like Property, Auto, Inland Marine, PL, GL, Crime and Umbrella.
- Documented test plans / test cases, executed and reported bugs using Mercury Quality Center 9.2
- Prepared & executed 1300 plus test cases for phase 1 testing by gathering requirements from business
- Preparing 700 plus test cases for Phase 2 testing
- Uploaded and moved 1300 plus test cases in quality center in different test sets in Test Lab module.
- Used to produce daily test metrics from Quality center to show the progress of the work to QA Manager, Project Manager and to the Business Managers.
- Coordinated & lead testing efforts with 3 to 4 Off Shore and On site QA resources
- Actively involved in the analysis & development of Test Cases for different modules of the application
- Keyed Policies Manually to validate whether the Forms & Stuffers are generating automatically.
- Performed Unit , System & Integration Testing and responsible for interacting with developers to fix the problems especially pertaining to database which are not producing Forms/Stuffers automatically
- Working on creating test plans / test cases for Premium Rating & CRIME LOB for Phase 2 testing
- Extensively used Quality Center 9.2 for test planning, coverage mapping, test execution and for defect resolution.
- Used QTP automated testing tool efficiently for performing regression testing the application during the test release phases and analyzed the test results and reported issues to development team.
- Quickly learned and worked aggressively on different Lines of business applications (Property, Auto, Inland Marine, PL, GL , Crime and Umbrella)
Environnent: Quality Center , Mainframe 3270, COBOL, DB2, TSO Sessions, SQL, Windows XP,
IE, MS-Office, Lotus Notes Email and Same time, QTP
Confidential, Sep ’2006 – Oct’2007
Project- Customer Benefit Information Tool
Confidential, is one of the Insurance Company which Provides Auto, Home and other Insurances to the customers. CBIT is Online application allows the customers to register online to web site to receive the benefits and provide access to Pay insurance bills, view their insurance policies and quotes online. With this application customer can also request policy documents, such as auto insurance ID card, review the status of insurance bill, access saved insurance rate quotes, free online bill pay, and electronic transfers. This application has several other modules like Homeowners, Life, Claims and Boat owner’s insurance modules.
- Created, reviewed and executed software test cases manually from Web Portal.
- Performed all tasks necessary to produce quality software product and follow Corporate Software Development Life Cycle ( Participated in both System / Acceptance and Release Testing Phases)
- Documented test Plans / test cases, executed and reported bugs using Mercury Quality Center
- Processed Claims Manually to test the application deductible logic system
- Performed Functional, System, Integration, Regression and Browser Compatibility testing on multi platforms (Windows XP/NT).
- Performed testing on two different browsers IE and Fire Fox for Browser Compatibility
- Tested & executed test cases by using Mainframe 3270 TSO Sessions,for validatingback end data& Record Lay out for integration testing perspective.
- Performed Integration & Regression Testing and responsible for interacting with developers to fix the problems especially pertaining to database which are not populated to the online screen when Customer enters his Quote such as Discounts, Models of Vehicles etc.
- Performed regression testing using both QTP and Win Runner automated tools
- Actively involved in Auto insurance modules for testing claims and pricing Web Service Modules
- Prepared QA findings reports and participated in product release processes meetings along with Project Manager and QA Manager
Environnent: Quality Center, IE, Java, VB, HTML, Java Script, COBOL, DB2, Mainframe TSO
Sessions, Windows XP, MS-Office, QTP, Win Runner
Confidential, Dec ’2005 – Aug ’2006
Project – Auto Claim Adjudication
Confidential,provides Health Insurance Plans to employers through its direct sales force and through independent Insurance agents and brokers. This project is the rewrite of the auto adjudication and processing of inpatient Medical claims by auto adjudication. Auto adjudication is a process by which claims are analyzed to see if all the information required for adjudication is present and if so, each line is then analyzed to determine whether line is eligible for reimbursement and what coverage is appropriate for that procedure.
- Prepared test plans and tests cases based on business requirements and System specification documents
- Involved in both front-end and Back-End QA process of the application using Black Box testing methodologies.
- Used Test Director for writing Test Plans / Test Cases and for reporting Bugs.
- Used Win Runner to automate Test cases for Regression testing purpose.
- Worked on both Web & Mainframe applications.
- Worked with up stream and down stream application partners for data integration
- Used QMF and File Aid tools for querying DB2 data base for validating table updates
- Worked with onshore / offshore testing resources
- Responsible for weekly status reports updated showing the progress of Manual & Automation testing
- Interacted with developers and end users to resolve technical issues for testing efforts
- Performed regression testing & data validation using Win Runner testing tool.
Environment: Win Runner, Test Director, Visual Basic, DB2, Mainframe TSO Sessions, File Aid, QMF, MS-Excel, MS-Word, Windows NT/ XP
Confidential, Sep’2004 – Nov’2005
Project - Expert Credit System (ECS)
Deutsche Financial Services is an affiliate to Deutsche Banking, one of the Largest banking service providers in Global Market. ECS is a LAN based software tool used to process credit files within the Financial Service organization. The program provides various dealer-specific and exception reports. Dealer-specific reports are used in the credit decision-making process. Exception reports are used to monitor portfolio credit performance in various areas. For decision-making, the Executive Summary Report (ESR) is the main focus. Supporting detail is also provided via other dealer-specific reports. The program also has foreign currency and language capability, limited to financial statement of currency and category conversions. Country settings can be changed to determine what conversions are required. The Application was developed in Visual Basic, VC++, and Oracle as the Database on a Windows Server.
- Analyzed business specifications and developed test plans and test cases for System and End-to-End testing.
- Documented test Plans / test cases and reported bugs using Test Director Management Tool
- Executed different test cases, like Installation, Back out & Interoperability by release basis for supporting the Production GUI desktop environment.
- Executed Test scripts using Win Runner automated Testing tool for Suite/profile testing
- Implemented and supported Windows NT/XP applications utilizing tools such as: VC++, Java, and Visual BASIC. Also having an understanding knowledge of DLLs / OCX\'s Components.
- Tested applications using SMS & Marimba Software’s for Windows NT & XP deployment. Worked on Win XP, WinNT Client desktops along with WinNT, Win2K, and W2K3 Servers.
- Responsible for weekly status reports updated showing the progress of Manual & Automation testing
Environment: Win Runner, Test Director, Visual Basic, VC++, Java, Oracle, MS-EXCEL, MS-WORD, Windows NT/XP, Windows 2000 Server, SMS, Marimba
Confidential, Jul’2002 – Aug’2004
Project: Online e-transaction application
Online e-transaction application is used to get the online Quote & Purchase for Auto & Property in different states in United States. It enables the customer to get the Quick / Full Quotes/New Business for Auto & Property (Home owners, Renters, Condominiums) Insurance with all details of the Driver’s history and Vehicle history. It also deals with the customer care claims. It is a complete online e-transaction application involving Customers, Agents and Call center through direct Interaction.
- Involved in all stages of testing of the Auto & Property Insurance application
- Worked as a team member, actively involved in the analysis & development of Test Cases for different modules of the application
- Used to process Claims Manually to test the application deductible logic
- Worked with onsite and offshore resources
- Executed Manual Test Cases and used to log the defects using Test Director
- Executed regression Test scripts using Win Runner automated Testing tool.
BS in Computer Science