- Over seven years of extensive, diversified experience in Quality Assurance of software development life cycle (SDLC) specializing in quality assurance processes and methodologies.
- Experience in all stages of STLC and SDLC ranging from planning, estimation, specification, designing, Preparation of GUI Test Cases, Functional Test Cases and testing with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines and QA process.
- Worked on various business domains like Retail, healthcare, and finance.
- Worked with Web and Client-server applications on Window and UNIX environment.
- Experience in methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile/SCRUM.
- Experience in interacting with engineers, developers, and technical support personnel in aiding them on Baseline requirement specifications. Extensive experience in developing Test strategies, Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test Cases for both manual and automated tests
- Planning and execution of automated test scripts using tools such as Test Director/Quality Center, Load Runner and QTP, based on business/functional specifications.
- Expertise in creating bug reports using tools like Test Director, Quality Center, Clear Quest, Bugzilla.
- Achieved proficiency in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Bug Reports.
- Created and implemented Automatic scripts for performing Functional, Regression, System, Integration testing. Expertise in Smoke/Sanity, Unit, Black Box, White Box, Gray Box, GUI, Usability, UAT, Alpha and Beta, Load, performance, Stress, Security testing.
- Highly skilled in implementation and execution of test using HP Mercury tools Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, LoadRunner, WinRunner, Test Director.
- Performed manual testing extensively—primarily Smoke, Integration, Functional, Regression, GUI, Database, Black Box, White Box and Backend Testing
- Experience in writing SQL Queries, UNIX shell scripting and working on various operating systems.
- Utilized SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) in ETL package creation and to load test data from Data Warehousing environment to QA Server and involved in ETL testing for data validity, data integrity, referential integrity, and performance issues. Worked in Facts and Dimension tables in Star and Snow Flake Schemas.
- Tested application using Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional team building, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Hardworking team player with the ability to work in time sensitive environments.
- Possess excellent communication and organization skills with the ability to adapt to new environments.
- Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro 8.x/9.x, Quality Center8.x/9.x, Load Runner 7.x, Test Director, Clear Quest, SOAP UI, JIRA
- Defect Tracking Tools: Test Director, Quality Center, ClearQuest, Bugzilla
- Languages: C, C++, Java, Visual Basic, VB Script, SQL, HTML, XML.
- Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access
- Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
- MS Office Applications: Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, Spiral
- Reporting Tools: TOAD, SSRS, Crystal Reports
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Confidential,Trenton, NJ Mar 2012 – Present
Confidential,has a TDI (Temporary Disability Insurance) application based on a claim processing system; which in addition is to automate the paper based filing to a web application and upgrade its Data warehouse to manage legacy system.
- Performed Functional, Regression, System, Integration, User Acceptance, Performance and Back end testing of an application.
- Involved in developing detailed Test plan, Test cases and Test scripts using Quality Center.
- Designed and created the Project Test Plan which defines the scope, approach and deliverables of testing using Agile/Scrum Methodology.
- Created Test input requirements and prepared the test data for Data Driven testing.
- Involved in Oracle Database Testing by writing SQL queries.
- Wrote various complex SQL Queries, joins, stored procedures, functions also created tables for backend testing.
- Involved in the data flow and extensive use of SQL Queries to extract the data from the Database.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members and developers.
- Participated in test planning meetings and test metrics report submission to the management.
- Involved in various web services testing in order to verify and validate accuracy of the data being fetched from Social Security Administration and TAX.
- PerformedETLusingMicrosoft SSIS,to extract, transform and load test data on the test environment.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix to map between the requirements and test cases.
- Utilized Burnt- Down Chart to track the testing progress in a Sprint cycle.
- Used Quality Center to track and report system defects and bug fixes. Written modification requests for the bugs in the application and helped developers to track and resolve the problems.
- Assisted database administrators in enhancing the QA database by query tuning and avoiding deadlocks.
- Created and tested UNIX Shell scripts to verify the archived data in QA Server and to execute SQL scripts.
- Constructed, maintained, and conducted Smoke test for UAT environment.
- Identify defects in aggregate tables and report data, enter defect in Quality Center and coordinate with developers to resolve them based on defect severity and priority.
Environment:Quality Center, QTP, MS SQL Server, UNIX, XML, Windows Server, VBScript, Asset 360, SSIS
Confidential,Wayne, NJ Apr 2011 – Jan 2012
Confidential,is the world’s leading retailer who also provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toys and baby products.
Notiva Project was initiated to increase the efficiency and visibility of core trade practices, such as: Invoicing, Reconciliation, Settlement and Analysis. Notiva tool enables buyers do online reconciliation for invoices and receipts that do not match during the batch match process.
- Involved in designing and documenting Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and Test Strategies based on business requirements and other specifications using Quality Center.
- Developed and executed formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications.
- Participate in Weekly Meetings with the management team and Walkthroughs.
- Interacted with analyst, system staff and developers.
- Detected defects and classified them based on the severity in Quality Center.
- Provided Screenshots to identify & reproduce the bugs in QC.
- Interacted with the development team to fix the defects as per the defect report.
- Performed Functional, Integration and Regression Testing using QTP.
- Used GUI and Bitmap checkpoints using QTP.
- Inserted Database checkpoints using QTP to check data validation and data integrity.
- Performed sanity and smoke testing.
- Created and maintained SQL queries to perform back-end testing.
- Performed Backend testing by using SQL queries to validate data integrity of reports.
- Conducted Functionality and Regression testing during the various phases of the application using QTP.
- Executed the test scripts using QTP and analyzed the results.
- Reported bugs using Quality Center and Bugzilla.
- Participate in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Conducted manual functionality and regression testing for each build and version
- Participated in-group meetings, walk through and inspections.
Environment: QC, QTP, Unix, Bugzilla, Windows, Agile, Java.
Confidential,Atlanta, GA Sep 2009 – Mar 2011
Confidential,provides computer-based practice management and electronic medical records systems to physician practices across the country. I was involved in NextMD Patient Portal which is a secure, fully customizable Internet portal. It is integrated with NextGen\'s electronic medical records and practice management systems, which links patients to their providers through an easily accessible web interface. Patient logging onto NextMD can choose from variety of options like scheduling or canceling an appointment, receiving reminders, and requesting a prescription refill. NexMD can also help patients with updating insurance information, requesting documents from the practice, completing online forum sent by practice and updating login information.
- Participated in walkthroughs and reviews to determine user requirements and goals.
- Expertise at formulating Test Plan, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on the user requirement and functional specs.
- Involved in analysis of the current QA practices, identifying areas of improvement, provide GAP analysis reports, devise alternate methodologies and implement them.
- Conducted manual test execution and evaluated test results.
- Once event is triggered and database contents are updated/removed, make SQL queries in the database to make sure that the database reflects the change
- Created test scripts with check points, Synchronization points for GUI and functionality tests using QTP.
- Used Data Driven Testing concept to test the application with different sets of positive and negative data.
- Performed regression testing to validate addition of new patch to ensure that existing functionality is not broken.
- Extensive experience in XML data validation for secure transmission to EMR.
- Use SQL Developer for running queries to match the data generated by reports.
- Interacted with developers to report and track bugs to completion using Quality Center.
- Documented the modification requests, defects and their trailing history using Quality Center.
- Created traceability matrix to match the business requirements with the functional requirements and the test cases.
- Actively participated in defect review meeting and Test status meeting with detailed test status reports concerning the progress of work and detail defect analysis.
Environment: SQL, QTP, Quality Center, Windows, .Net.
Confidential,Miami, FL Apr 2008 – Aug 2009
Confidential,deal in array of products like motorcycles, equipments, Car parts, sport vehicles, power equipments and so on. The main aim of American Honda Finance is that it finances purchase of their products. The project is about Customer Account Service System (CASS). CASS is used to automate business processes of American Honda Finance Corporation like Contract Booking, Contract Processing, Dealer Maintenance, Dealer Funding, and Customer Support. CASS calculates APR, monthly amounts, and different sales tax amounts and make corresponding GL entries.
- Execution of generated Test Cases Manually.
- Interacted with developers to report the bugs and status of the bug.
- Collected the software requirements and specifications.
- Participated in regular project status meetings related to testing.
- Performed the regression testing and functional testing using the QTP
- Prepare the Test Data for Data Driven Test and Conducted Volume Testing.
- Used SQL queries to retrieve data from Oracle.
- System testing by manual and automated methodology.
- Writing the test cases to verify the functionality, performance & stability of the application basis system requirements.
- Involved in creating the Data Driven test by using QTP.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing.
- Used Quality Center for maintaining the scripts and all the automated scripts are invoked.
- Used Quality Center for Test Management and Bug Tracking.
- The Load Runner Web Scripts were generated and modified to perform the data Driven Testing
- Developed the Application Documentation, User manuals for the end users.
Environment: HTML, XML, LoadRunner, QTP, Quality Center, MS Word, MS Excel.
Confidential,Atlanta, GA Oct 2006 – Mar 2008
Test and implement software updates and enhanced functionality of an existing software system. This system is used to inventory all synchronization systems/equipment located in various type of telecommunications offices.
- Develop functional and technical documentation for TCP/IP/SNA systems and applications.
- Interview the end-users, members of system maintenance to redefine the systems functional requirements.
- Perform regression testing of source code corrected by developers.
- Responsible for regression test new functions added to the existing Objectel and TDM equipment for Call Server Complex in Western Region.
- Involved in meetings for preparing test plans based on Software Requirements Document (SRD).
- Tested Computations involving business rules are proper and correct values are inserted into target warehouse tables.
- Developed the test cases to test functionality, interface of the application.
- Used Test Director/Quality Center to store all testing results and metrics
- Conducted Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Performance and Black Box Testing.
- Used SQL to perform data integrity test, validated stored procedures and functions using SQL.
- Conducted Regression testing on various builds of the application
- Generated automated test scripts using Quick Test Pro.
- Used Quick Test Pro methods to create automated scripts, created transactions and reusable actions.
- Tested the application by inserting check points and synchronization points in test scripts.
- Used ClearQuest and test director for defect reporting and tracking.
Environment: Quick Test Pro, SQL, Test Director/ Quality Center, ClearQuest, Java.
Confidential,Simi Valley, CA Apr 2005 – Sep 2006
Service point is an application group mainly used by the Service Center employees who help the agents with their queries with regard to the different aspects of Insurance. It is used by agents also to create Service Requests. Employees at different levels: Relationship Specialists, Cost Accountants, Underwriters, District Managers and Zonal Managers etc., use this application.. The webapplication integrates with other applications which together help the Service Center employees to serve the agents better.
- Analyzed and reviewed software requirement and functional specifications documents
- Participated in Technical and Use Case review meetings for various functionalities in the application.
- Reviewed and provided feedback on requirements specification
- Prepared detailed Test plan and Test cases by understanding the business logic and user requirements for manual and automated testing
- Created test data in support of test case execution, and provided test design and test execution status updates
- Writing manual test cases for the new functionality changes, testing and reporting on defects.
- Responsible for running smoke test after new build deployment and reporting results to client before proceeding with regression testing.
- Maintained defect reporting and tracking process using Test Director
- Coordinatedoffshore team during differenttest cycles.
- Data validation and Database integrity testing done by executing SQL, PL/SQL statements.