- 5+ years of experience as Software Quality Assurance Engineer in testing Web Based, Mobile, and GUI based client/server applications using Manual and Automated testing procedures.
- Strong experience in Manual and Automated testing with tools such as HP Quick Test Professional, SOAPUI, Quality Center, Load Runner and Selenium Web Server/IDE/Grid.
- Extensive experience in requirements gathering, analysis, preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts, and Test Cases and performing Functional, Regression, and Integration tests.
- Proficient in various Test Automation Frameworks.
- Strong experience in black box, and gray box testing.
- Well versed in Usability, and Compatibility Testing.
- Experience in testing SOAP and REST based Web services.
- Possess strong programming skills in C, C++, and Visual Basic.
- Experience in working with Waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
- Proficient in Defect Tracking, Defect Management and Defect Metrics.
- Sound Experience in writing SQL queries for managing the test data and performing backend data validation.
- Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and wide exposure to complete Testing Life Cycle (TLC).
- Organized, and Self-starter with the ability to multi-task across complex initiatives and coordinate activities with the team to meet the critical deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- A meticulous and quality-oriented individual with an eye for details.
C, C++, Java, Visual Basic, SQL
Tomcat , Web logic, Web sphere
Scripting/ Markup Languages
Java Script, VBScript, HTML, CSS, XML
MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, MS Access
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Testing Tools / Frameworks
HP Quick Test Professional, SOAPUI, Load Runner, Quality Center, Test Director, Selenium Web Server/IDE/Grid, JUnit, TestNG, Version One, JIRA, Bugzilla, Confluence
Windows Variants, UNIX, Red Hat Linux
Project: Online Banking Application July 10 – Sept 12
Role: Quality Assurance Analyst
- Analyzing requirements, designing and ensuring overall integrity of the testing strategy.
- Prepare and maintain project test plans based on business requirements, workflows and use cases.
- Involved in creating Business Risk Levels to determine Test Priorities.
- Prepare testing estimates.
- Work with business and technology leads to identify and prepare appropriate data for testing.
- Prepare and execute manual test cases.
- Designing and maintenance of Automation Framework (Keyword and Data Driven).
- Created and executed automated test scripts using QTP.
- Developed recovery scenarios using QTP.
- Developed and maintained Shared Object Repository.
- Configured QC and executed automated scripts from QC.
- Used SOAP UI to test the backend web services.
- Assisted in Load Testing using Load Runner.
- Responsible for regression testing by executing batch test cases using Test Batch Runner.
- Responsible for executing SQL queries for back-end data validation.
- Create test scenarios for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Conduct defect review meetings.
- Reported defects via bug tracking system, verify the bugs fixed, document the bug history and root cause analysis once the defect is fixed or closed.
- Produce testing summary reports.
- Worked in Scrum/Agile development environment.
Environment: QTP, SOAP UI, QC, Load Runner, SQL, Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat.
Project: Online Learning Management System Jan 09 – June 10
Role: Quality Assurance Engineer
- Design Test Plan/Strategy & Test Cases for the different modules in the application.
- Involved in Estimation process.
- Execute the Test Cases and analyze the Results.
- Prepare UAT test cases and assist Business clients in UAT execution.
- Interaction with development team in identification of functionalities for Automation suite.
- Manage execution of all automated scripts using QTP.
- Developing Function Libraries based on the automation needs.
- QA activities management using QC.
- Used JIRA for defect reporting and management.
- Involved in peer reviewing the Test Plan and Test Report, providing feedback and approvals for the test plans.
- Involved in automation result analysis.
- Involved in analyzing the performance test cases and executing them using Load Runner.
- Participated in Bug Triage Meetings, maintained Weekly Status report and Project Metrics.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
Environment: QTP, QC, Load Runner, Java/J2EE, Web Sphere.
Company: Confidential. Aug 07 – Nov 08
Project: Quality control and Inventory Management System
Role: Software Quality Engineer
- Developed and implemented test plans and test cases for various internal applications.
- Involved in developing policies and procedures to ensure products meet the quality specification.
- Developed Test Cases for functionality specification to ensure bug free performance.
- Responsible for GUI testing for the website, suggesting improvements to performance of website in terms of web-page load times etc.
- Modularized test cases for reusability.
- Presented regular progress reports, defect reports and test execution reports.
- Executed SQL queries for backend data validation.
- Participated in weekly meetings to track the progress of testing effort.
Environment/Tools: MS SQL Server, Java, J2EE, Web Logic.
Company: Confidential.Dec 06 – July 07
Project: Corporate Billing System
Role: QA Trainee
- Involved in requirements gathering and analysis meetings.
- Preparation of test cases from the requirement documents.
- Execution of test cases and defect logging.
- Helped functional and regression testing.
- Performed manual GUI testing.
- Executed Test Cases for sanity reports.
- Preparation of test data to test both the positive and the negative test cases.
- Wrote SQL queries for data validation and data integrity checks.
- Performed static and dynamic testing to test the application.
- Gained exposure in designing planning, coding and executing the project.
Environment/Tools: MS SQL Server, Java, J2EE, Web Logic.
- Bachelor of Engineering