Professional Software QA Engineer with a Master's degree and more than 8 years of IT experience looking for a contracting/full time position in the area of Quality Assurance Management. Have 6 years of experience working with IT in Health Care industry with specific experience working with Siebel and related Oracle products like Analytics, BIP etc in more than 30 releases. Have 7 years experience working in Siebel specific projects and involved in different phases like Business Analysis, Testing and Development during entire career.
- 8 years of experience in IT with emphasis on Quality Assurance (QA),Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Testing Methodologies
- 7 years of Siebel eBusiness Enterprise Applications Implementation experience including Siebel Field Service, Sales, Finance, Loyalty, eSales, eConfigurator, Partner Relationship Management.
- Worked in more than 38 releases spanning 6 years involving full life cycle Siebel implementations, Siebel upgrades and enhancements.
- Extensively worked with different SDLC processes like Waterfall and Agile in all previous and current projects
- Worked extensively with OBIEE business intelligence reporting using Siebel Analytics to test dashboards
- Excellent SQL skills used for testing reports, test data management and creating ad hoc views
- Worked extensively on UNIX (MF) to test enrollment data ending in legacy systems from Siebel
- Extensive experience in Health Care industry and have knowledge on products like DIAMOND for Claims, EDW for storing/consolidating legacy data, and reporting, CCR code repository for ICD9/ICD10 codes etc.
- Extensive experience in working with analysts in JAR/JAD sessions and helping business user groups to gather requirements, develop detailed design documents (use cases), training user groups using walk-throughs or similar activities.
- Extensively used requirement gathering related tools like Requisite Pro, Visio etc
- 4 plus years of experience in leading Siebel QA projects and have done capacity planning, schedule planning, resource planning, resource allocation and work breakdowns
- Experienced in writing Test Plans, Test Approach Documents and Test Cases.
- Extensively involved in Functional, Integration, System and User Acceptance testing.
- Experienced in using the CTI call flows for performing testing of the IVR calls to land in Siebel and perform business workflows for Agent/Member dashboards
- Experienced in testing web services on web applications and databases using SOAPUI and other tools
- Excellent working knowledge of Automation tools like QTP and have real time experience in building scripts on different frameworks with specific experience in creating regression scripts for Siebel and its interfaces
- Hands on creating Workflow Policies and configuring workflow rules using workflow manager in Siebel
- Used Siebel Tools and thick Client as part of development experience and to understand the functionality of Siebel application both from front end and back end perspective.
- Development experience which helps in better knowledge of testing workflows, Databases (back end), data warehousing and interfaces
- Experienced in testing Workflows and Business services in Siebel invoked through Batch processing, button clicks, policies (online), Batch testing RCRs
- Proficient in using WinRunner,Quick Test Professional (QTP), Test Director (Mercury Interactive Tools) and Rational Suite.
Windows 95/98/2000/XP/NT, UNIX
ALM, Quick Test Professional (QTP), WinRunner, Quality Center, Rational Robot, Clear Quest and Test Manager.
RDBMS/ DB Access Tools
MS SQL Server, Oracle 8i, DB2, MySql, MS Access 2000, TOAD, IBM Data Studio
Siebel 7.0, eSales, Siebel 7.5, Siebel Call Center, PRM, Siebel 7.8.2, Siebel Sales, Siebel Sales 8.1.1
Visio, MS Office, Excel
IBM ReqPro, Clear Case, PVCS
Master of Science (Computer Engg)
Bachelor of Science
Client: Confidential, Jacksonville,FL October 2005 - Present
Confidential, currently Florida Blue is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. BCBSFL uses Siebel Sales and Financial Services 8.1.1 to sell insurance directly to groups and individuals, maintains data of agents and agencies selling insurance for commission and compensation purposes. BCBSFL uses a web portal to allow agents to sell insurance directly to Groups and Individuals. The web portal uses Java based applications built on the Siebel business layer.
Position: QA Lead/Tester (October 2005-Present)
Project: Lead the Group Sales QA team which handles Sales, Billing, Underwriting and Enrollment
Description: Confidential, implemented the CRM module using Siebel in 2001. Each release new capabilities were added, which go through a lifecycle of requirement gathering, Build & Delivery, Testing and implementation. Siebel had multiple interfaces with Small Group and Large Group Sales systems, payment gateway, Imaging, Legacy systems for claims, RBMS (Mainframes) and Renewal systems. Group Sales and Enrollment goes through different departments and has numerous application touch points there by requiring a dynamic and robust understanding of the business process as well as underneath systems. Some of the significant projects that I worked on are listed below
Last 5 Projects at BCBSF (Florida Blue)
Functionality: SGPT Performance Improvement
Worked withAnalysts to finalize existing flow for Small Group Proposal Tool application which was undergoing Performance improvement. Tested Webtrend changes that captures user interaction times in the application which are used later for performance changes.
Functionality: Siebel Upgrade
Identified workflows, Services functionalities and areas that needed testing when BCBSF went for Siebel Upgrade to 8.1.1. Involved with different business end users to make sure that upgrade functionality did not hamper their existing Siebel capabilities.
Functionality: PMT Synchronization with Siebel
PMT is an application built on JAVA and developed using Agile methodology to host product data. Actively involved in the design and development phase to finalize the attributes sent between PMT and Siebel. Participated in various business sessions to discuss product data hierarchy and compare with existing architecture. Did extensive integration testing comparing existing product data in Siebel and the one synced from PMT.
Functionality: Group Sales Portal
Group Sales Portal is a brand new application built to support eRate (Large Group Sales application) to reduce cycle time for Sales Coordinators. Worked on all phases of the application
development from attending initial design sessions to testing the application and its interfaces and delivering it in production.
Other significant projects worked on:
Dental Migration: Dental Migration was a project that involved more than 20 systems (internal and external) in BCBSF where customer billing systems needed to be migrated to Blue Cross platform from external vendor.
Online Enrollment: In this project BCBSF worked with a vendor - BenefitFocus to utilize their BluesEnroll product for Group and Member Online Enrollment
Siebel Service: In this project BCBSF used Siebel Financial Services 7.5.3 to implement the Service Module to provide Customer Advocates (CA) with a single application to service both Members and Providers.
D & B Sync: Analysis and testing of EIM load of D & B data into Siebel from flat files
FGMS Migration to Siebel: Tested migration of business process and data from a legacy system to Siebel
APRI/SGPT: Involved in life cycle of Small Group Proposal Tool used for Group sales
- Involved in full life cycle of testing from participating in requirement sessions to sizing the projects, distribution of work, conducting integration reviews with external teams, regression and functional testing, conducting daily defects call, facilitating UAT, conducting IVP and Warranty support
- Involve in JAR & JAD sessions from QA perspective to finalize requirements and give input on future scopes
- Do gap analysis with relevant business analysts and end users
- Hold review sessions with Analysts and Development teams to analyze requirements so that proper test approach can be produced
- Prepare Test Plan before each release covering the entry criteria, exit criteria, scope of the release and key dates.
- Manage daily status reports and escalation procedures for on time delivery of milestones
- Sizing scopes considering the various phases of testing, Test Prep, Integration, System Test, Regression, UAT and IVP
- Prepared Test Strategy for transition of testing from Siebel based to web based for user data collection and WMB transformations.
- Pre release coordination with Automation and external teams to plan ahead so that release timeline is not affected
- Maintained list of issues not categorized as defects but needed a clarification from business users or analysts and worked back with them for a resolution
- Conduct demos with business areas, business analysts and development to preview the system and discuss any gaps/defects
- Work through the change management system for deferred defects or issues that need immediate resolution in the release
- Use FTP tools to validate data sent to external systems like WIP as well as input data from external systems like RBMS to Siebel
- Executed Control M jobs in each release developed for existing as well as new functionalities
- Used D/B tools to run queries on Siebel database for data preparation and analysis
- Accessed Siebel tools for verifying different architecture layers and use the data for queries and white box testing
- Used QTP to create applications in web based Individual Sales Tool and for testing Plan level testing which requires multiple iterations in Siebel
- Coordinated with development team to test workflow policies, workflows and one time business services
- Conducted daily defect reports meeting and reported out testing status for overall visibility
- Attend weekly collaboration meetings to focus on issues/defects hampering the release progress
- Conducted UAT for business users and helped them with training documentation with release changes.
- Assist the training team to develop user training documentation and provide need-based support during the training sessions after the enhancements have been migrated to the training environment.
- Provide active production support to the users during the warranty period and a need-based support following the warranty expiration.
- Provide end-user training and live support.
- Post Release Lessons Learnt sessions to make future releases efficient
Environment: Siebel 7.5.3, Siebel Financial Services 8.1.1,, IBM Data studio, Requisite Pro
Test Tools: Quality Center, Test Director, QTP
Client: Confidential, Santa Clara CA November 2004 - October 2005
Position: Siebel Configurator
Description: Confidential, is a leading manufacturer in voice and data products. The company has selected Siebel eBusiness Applications as a key element of its enterprise-wide customer relationship management strategy. Confidential, used Siebel Call Center, the industry-leading application for multichannel call centers, to create a single repository to better manage customer interactions. Confidential, also implemented Siebel eChannel, Siebel Systems\' comprehensive partner relationship management platform, to more tightly integrate the company's network of business partners and authorized dealers.
- Created Workflow policies using Policy Manager. Example of the policy implemented is invoking the workflow process manager to Email the Primary Sales Representative manager whenever the projected revenue from an opportunity exceeds certain amount.
- Configured assignment manager to automatically assign candidates depending on their skill levels, work load and calendar. Dynamic assignment was also done in circumstances where a group of positions qualified to handle the request depending on the request severity.
- Developed custom Business Service for data validations and invoked it using Browser Script at Applet level
- Scripted the BC level methods to invoke Work Flow Process to perform necessary actions before insert/update using WriteRecordEvent.
- Created and customized Applets, Views, Business Components and Business Objects
- Extended Siebel out-of-box schema by creating new columns
- Created Business User Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing
Environment: Siebel 7.5.3, 7.8.2, Siebel Sales, Siebel Marketing, Siebel Analytics 7.x, Informatica PowerCenter 6.2, Oracle 9i/10g