- Over 8 years of experience in Quality Assurance and Analysis with emphasis on different levels (Integration, Black box, System, User Acceptance and Implementation) of testing and types (Functional, Regression, Stress, black-box & white-box) of testing.
- Extensive experience in Property and Casualty Insurance applications.
- Experience working on OneShield Dragon Designer and Oracle to perform white-box testing.
- Extensive experience in writing SQL queries to validate backend systems and different integration points with OneShield.
- Extensive experience in co-coordinating with different comparative rating vendors to implement with OneShield system for Auto & Home (STD & MVP).
- Extensive experienced in writing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts for manual and automation testing for different levels of testing. Also involved in ad-hoc testing as required.
- Experience in working with ARGUS (Drug Safety IT system )
- Experience in writing validation documentation, including Master Validation Plans, User Requirement Specifications (URS), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), System Design Specifications (SDS), Validation protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ), Traceability Matrix and Summary reports in compliance with GxP.
- Excellent experience in implementation in compliance with 21CFR part11 and PDMA regulations.
- Excellent experience of performing GAP analysis, preparing Remediation Plans and Retrospective Validation.
- Developed strategies and plans to install different types of systems that fall under GxP (GMP and GLP) and GAMP
- Worked with a SOP committee in writing/reviewing/revising software and hardware Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and User Manuals to ensure they meet FDA requirements
- Experienced in testing Web based and Client/Server applications under multi-browser environments
- Experienced with different application servers like Web Logic, Web Sphere and UDP, TCP/IP Protocol.
- Experience working in different software testing methodologies including Waterfall, Agile, RAD.
- Experienced in implementing Quality standards like ISO, CMM levels
- Worked closely with offshore team, Configuration /Release Management teamduring new build releases.
- Experience in estimation of test effort and coordinate test schedule with overall project schedule.
- Lead teams and worked as team player, with excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
Operating Systems: HP-UX, Sun OS, Solaris, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP,
OS/360 Novell Netware
Languages: TSL, SQA BASIC, COBOL, JCL, SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, J2EE,
Fortran, Shell Scripting (C Shell, K shell) and UML
Testing Tools: WinRunner 7.0/7.6/7.8, LoadRunner 7.0/7.5/7.8,
Quick Test Pro 6.5/8.0.
Test Management Tools: Test Director 7.6/8.0, Quality Center 9, and Team Track
Development Tools: Oracle 7.x/8.x, MS SQL Server, MS Access, DB2, Developer 2000, SQL*Plus, TOAD, Informatica, Ascential Datastage, OneShield Dragon Designer, Caligo.
Reporting Tools: BO XI, Crystal Reports, Cognos.
Internet: HTML, DHTML, XML, XSL, JSP, Servlet, JMS, JNDI, Web Logic 5.1,
Web Sphere 3.5/4.0,ASP, TCP/IP, VB Script and Java Scripts.
Confidential, NJ (May 11- Present)
Sr. QA Engineer
Description: Confidential, is world's largest research-based pharmaceutical company. Pfizer uses Argus Safety as its Adverse Event reporting system and Argus Insight for reporting. Solutions Delivery (So De) is application support team for Argus Safety and Argus Insight and responsible for implementing all the Change Controls to the production environment.
- Analyzed the Functional Requirements document and developed the System Test Plan.
- Created Manual System Test Scripts, Traceability Matrix.
- Develop test strategies, test scenarios, test scripts, test data to test the change controls and enhancements for the Argus Safety system.
- Participate in business requirements Change Control kick-off meetings; Test Scripts review meetings, weekly team meetings.
- Extensively involved in developing Maintenance Release Plan requirements documents.
- Start Incremental ETL from front end on daily basis to validate data mapping between Safety database and Insight database. Co-ordinate with PM's and DBA for Initial ETL.
- Validate Insight hot fixes for queries by doing pre-patch testing and post-patch testing.
- Developed and executed test scripts for GAP reports for Argus Insight.
- Executed test scripts in HP QC for Argus Safety Workflow rules, E2b rules change controls.
- Developed pre-patch and post-patch scripts to test the consistency of the data on the reports for backend changes.
- Executed SQL queries using Toad for back-end testing of the application to verify the case data and data on the reports.
- Extensively tested the report in beta environment and system test environment.
- Reviewed the Post Execution scripts and created Test Summary Reports.
- Extensively used Quality Center to develop test plans, bug tracking and reporting.
- Provide knowledge transfer and assist team members as required.
Environment: Argus Safety 4.2, Quality Center 10, Toad, SQL, Oracle, Windows XP, MS Office, Gnosis, Web Services.
Confidential, IL (Oct 10 - Apr 11)
Description: Confidential, is a leading technology company in providing software products for insurance companies, brokers, and agencies. The current project is a migration project where the screens are being converted from 16-bit to 32-bit. The code is being rewritten from C++ to VB or .Net.
- Lead a team of 6 offshore resources for developing test plans, test cases, and defect maintenance.
- Involved in developing workflows for the modules that are being migrated as there are no BRD.
- Responsible for getting the workflows reviewed by the end client and get them approved as these workflows will be the requirements for the QA team to develop test plans and test cases.
- Involved in providing estimates for the test plans, test cases and test execution for Smoke Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and Release Testing.
- Extensively involved in reviewing, provide feedback, deliver and maintain the test plans and test cases developed by the offshore team based on the workflows provided.
- Act as a single point of contact between the offshore team and the end client.
- Conduct daily triage meetings for defects and to guide the offshore team on day-to-day tasks.
- Responsible to get the sign offs for the test plans and test cases, and maintain sign off status document for each module.
- Update daily status and report to higher management on day-to-day basis, and escalate issues.
- Involved in creating a defect report template for internal use for Project Leads, and QA Managers.
Environment: Visual Basic, .NET, SQL, DBASE, SharePoint, Quality Center, Excel, Access
Confidential, NH (Mar 10 - Sept 10)
Description: Confidential, offers a wide range of commercial and personal insurance, and fidelity and surety bond products to "Main Street" individuals, families and businesses.
- Considerable involvement in reviewing business and functional requirements documents for different modules.
- Created design documents for a critical Policy and Claim system and implemented with zero defects.
- Coordinate with offshore in reviewing the documents and meeting the deadlines, and answering the queries for the offshore team.
- Involved in verifying the Comparative Rater WebService request and response XML that complies with ACORD schema.
- Involved in rolling out new Comparative Rating vendors for Personal Lines Home and Auto products in various states, acted as a single point of contact for vendors.
- Created mapping documents for the Comparative Raters, and provided business variable name, business variable ID, and transformation logic for the OneShield Dragon Designer.
- Extensively referred to Under Writing Manuals in developing the mapping documents and analyzing the defects.
- Created mapping documents between ACORD XML to the business variables in OneShield Dragon Designer and vice versa.
- Developed XMLs for test scenarios for Unit Testing and System Testing.
- Used test harness tool to test the WebService to identify the root cause of the defect.
- Designed, developed and executed test strategies and plans that cover various Product areas in Personal Lines.
- Performed testing for rating factors, and coverages.
- Developed End-to-End UI test cases covering New Business, post New Business like amendments, cancellations, reinstatements, rewrite, renewals and non-renewal transactions.
- Execution of daily batch cycle, and testing the resultant data for specific data formats required for legacy systems.
- Developed PL/SQL queries to ensure data integrity and verify accurate transaction.
- Authored/Reviewed Test Scripts/Test Cases for State rollout, Maintenance, Comp Rater Projects.
- Identified application opportunities for the technical/statistical tools of quality/process improvement. Assisted teams in presenting data and conclusions clearly.
- Developed & executed test cases for key business problems like VIN, Clue, Credit, Account linking etc which had big financial impacts and policy cancel/rewrite rate.
Environment: OneShield Dragon, WebSphere Application Server, J2EE, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, SharePoint, MS Office, Dragon Designer, XML Spy, Mercury Quality Center
Confidential, IL (Aug 09 - Feb 10)
Description: Confidential, is a leading technology company in providing software products for insurance companies, brokers, and agencies. Applied Systems offers multiple agency management products for its customers throughout the nation. All the software products can be used for managing commercial lines of business, personal lines of business, and agricultural lines.
- Involved in reviewing product design documents for the products. Extensively involved in End-to-End testing of products that are used to issue, endorse, bill and manage policies.
- Logged and reviewed defects logged by other teams and the users, added notes with additional information and duplicate defect numbers, assign priority before moving the defect to the development.
- Involved in developing test cases and executing them for product modifications.
- Extensively involved in End-to-End testing for all the lines of the commercial lines and personal lines for US and few lines for Canada.
- Involved in testing the claims for commercial and personal lines of business.
- Issued and tested Evidences of Liability and Evidence of Commercial Liability for all commercial and personal lines. Issued and tested Binders for commercial and personal lines.
- Extensively involved in ACORD forms printing and testing for multiple lines of business, multiple products, and multiple states.
- Also involved in testing the form edition changes for multiple lines such as Truckers, Business Auto for multiple states.
- Involved in testing AUTO ID Cards for multiple states and for multiple products.
- Extensively involved in testing the Custom Forms functionality for the latest software product thru which the users can create custom forms specific to their needs.
- Actively involved in all team meetings, and product design review meetings.
Environment: Visual Basic, .NET, SQL, DBASE, SharePoint, Quality Center, Excel, Access
Confidential, RI (Nov 08 - Aug 09)
Description: A conversion project of Central Fill system used by pharmacy in refilling prescriptions thru auto-processing. All the refills thru auto-processing will go the Central Fill location for filling. The RxConnect application will replace the existing Rx2000 application in the future. The RxConnect application is also integrated with the Central Fill system.
- Developing System Test scriptsbased on Business Requirement Document, Business Scenarios, Use Cases, Mock- Ups, and Design Documents using Quality Center 9.0
- Perform smoke testing for every build cycle in test environment on different test stores and validate all the required functionality to proceed with testing exists.
- Validated all the interfaces are working correctly after every new build is deployed. (IVR, Fax, cvs.com and Sure Scripts)
- Executing test cases to validate data for converted patients and prescriptions, new prescriptions and refills generated using interfaces. (IVR, Fax, cvs.com and Sure Scripts)
- Extensively worked with users in gathering requirements and testing the integration of Sure Scripts and RxConnect.
- Actively involved in the test case development and test case review meetings for Central Fill system.
- Extensively involved in testing the Central Fill system for auto-processing using IVR, cvs.com, Batch Refill and ReadyFill.
- Developed and executed test cases for System Testing, Regression Testing, and End-to-End Testing.
- Involved in testing the different drugs that are refilled at different Central Fill locations.
- Extensively involved in regression testing ReadyFill by setting up data, analyzing the results, and ReadyFill production issues.
- Involved in validating the defects logged by the QA team on Pilot environment and prepare excel list of the existing defects and net new defects and send the list to the management on a daily basis.
- Extensively involved in testing the one shots for production issues.
- Created test cases for fatal production issues, analyzed the issues and tested the one shots on pilot and test environments.
- Process new eRx, approve or deny refills requests for the QA team to test thru the PPI console. (Sure Scripts) integration with RxConnect application.
- Involved in offline testing in UAT environment to test the reconciliation process is working per design. Scripts that have exceptions should reside in reconciliation queue.
- Log Test Results/Defects using Team Track and performing Test Result Analysis.
- Good knowledge of HIPAA guidelines and ability to validate systems under HIPAA guidelines.
Environment: J2EE, Oracle, Sure Scripts, Share Point, Web Services, Toad, WebSphere, Visual Basic, XML, Quality Center, TeamTrak
Confidential, CA (Jan 06 - Sept 08)
Description: Confidential, project is the premium project for Mercury Insurance, which would replace all the existing client server and web applications into one consolidated Agent Portal.(Quicksilver, First
Reports, ABZ, CWP, Telephony, IVR, DMS Systems, Current Gen, and Next Gen). Involved in testing Next Gen SIT project is to integrate of Next Gen (NG) with the existing legacy application (Main Frame).
- Worked on Mercury's Premium Project Mercury First (M1), an All in one applicationthat would replace majority of the existing applications that run individually.
- Report status and Project risks / issues onexisting & upcoming Builds for M1 to the Mercury QA Manager directly on a daily basis and during weekly team meetings.
- Analyze the Functional requirement document, Uses cases, Screen specification documents and develop Test plans, Test Schedules and Test cases covering all aspects of testing from beginning of Integration through post implementation testing.
- Developed test cases and executed test cases for POS application. Involved in full life cycle testing of the POS application.
- Performed testing on the billing screen by entering credit card numbers or checks, and selecting the type of payment, which would be full pay, two-pay, three-pay.
- Work closely with the Automation team for creating scripts and regression testing using QTP.
- Tested the First Notice of Loss Alerts Link on the M1 Agent Portal for FNOL submitted through ABZ, tested SSO (Single Sign-On) for FNOL, and web services.
- Worked with development team and Business Analysts in developing test cases to test the Reconciliation process of M1, which is integrated with Choice Point. (MVR, CLUE, Credit)
- Performed testing on the CWP application (Consumer Web Payment), where the customer can pay the bill online by entering the policy number, date of birth, and zip code.
- Used Clear Case for gathering and maintaining the Requirements for the entire Quicksilver Application.
- Worked thoroughly with all the Mercury applications & Environments: Quicksilver, First Reports, ABZ, CWP, Telephony, IVR, DMS, Current Gen, Next Gen, WebQuote and M1.
- Extensively worked with GUI, Functional testing, Regression testing, System Integration Test (SIT), Regression, smoke testing of the modified build, and Load Testing.
- Thoroughly tested forms for Personal lines for different scenarios.
- Fired different Oracle SQL queries to ensure data integrity and verify accurate transaction.
- Interacted with end users for UAT and assisted user in training the new application.
- Execution of manual test scripts and responsible to track and log the defects using Test Director
Environment: Mainframes, DB2, VB, VB script, Java Script, J2EE, JSP, WinNT, UNIX, PERL, Python, XML, SQL, Visual Studio, Windows NT, Oracle, ASP, JAVA, JSP, Servlets, Websphere, Quick Test Professional, Test Director, Clear case, Test Manager, Clear Quest and Performance Suite.
Confidential, RI (Jan 04 - Dec 05)
Description: Confidential, is an insurance company providing auto, home, accident and life insurance. The project was web-based, multi- tier application, can be accessed by existing and the potential customers to get free rate quotes, buy auto, home, Life and health insurance products, and report accidents via their website for property and casualty. It also helped new customers to shop for insurance policies and get quotes. Insurance quotes are emailed to the applicant and brief the customer with comprehensive information on insurance products and calculations that help them decide which insurance product to purchase.
- Analyzed the business requirements and functional requirements to better understand the client needs.
- Prepared test plan and test cases.
- Generated the test scripts in Quick Test Professional (QTP 8.0).
- Performed GUI and Functionality testing, using Quick Test Pro to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Created Manual test cases for each functional module and automated the bug free test cases for regression testing.
- Manually tested calculations of home and auto insurance rates and cross-checked for results.
- Involved in Regression testing using Quick Test Professional after modifying and documenting the existing scripts.
- Data driven testing was performed using a data table and Quick Test Pro\'s ability of parameterization.
- Involved with working in all the phases of SDLC methodologies.
- Automated Backend Tests using SQL and Quick Test Pro\'s Database check point ability.
- Created different scenarios for load testing by using ramp-up and ramp-down conditions.
- Conducted stress testing by creating worst-case scenarios.
- Developed Unix Shell scripts to archive, backup, check correct format, manipulate and transfer of data files to and from remote systems.
- Performed positive and negative testing manually to ensure the application outputs the expected results given the input.
- Performed GUI, integration, regression and system testing to verify functionality of the application after defect fixing and added features.
- Involved in Ad-hoc testing of the application.
- Actively involved in meetings and reviews to discuss any changes and impacts of new functionalities that were added during the quality control life cycle with Requirement traceability matrix.
- Maintained test cases, test scripts, defect tracks and reports in Test Director.
Environment: Quick Test Professional, Test Director, Oracle 9i, Java Script, J2EE, JSP, SQL, Windows XP, Unix Shell Script, Websphere
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration