- 7+ years of professional experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Software Testing/Quality Assurance.
- Proficiency in testing Client Server and Web based applications using manual testing techniques and automation tool QTP(Ver.9.5,10.0), Load Runner(Ver.8.0,9.0) and Selenium.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle/ Software Testing Life Cycle (SDLC/STLC) and their interrelationships.
- Around 5 years working with all the testing concepts, Software Methodologies like Agile, Waterfall, Spiral and V-Model.
- Hands on expertise in Data ware housing concepts and tools. Involved in the ETL processes where in the organizations were using Data stage.
- QA Analyst, responsible for the review and approval of business requirements, working with the team to documenting Test Scripts, Case Designing, Test Scenarios, Test Plans, Test Data, Test Results and other Test Artifacts.
- Experience in interacting with Business Analysts, Developers, and Technical Support to help them base line the requirement specifications.
- Experience in Bug Reporting toolslike HP Quality Center (QC)(Ver.9.5,10.0) and Bugzilla.
- Experience of writing SQLqueries in Oracle and SQL-Server database systems for backend/database testing.
- Experience in conducting different types of Black Box testing including Business Workflow, GUI,Data Driven, Database, Regression, Functional, User Acceptance (UAT), System, Load, Stress and Performance Testing.
- Good working knowledge of major Operating Systems and tested applications on Windows and UNIX environments.
- Experience in developing and analyzing automation test scripts.
- Working knowledge of performance testing usingLoad runner.
- Outstanding Team player with excellent verbal and written communication possessingbrilliant documentation and interpersonal skills. Extensive Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills.
- Experience in working with various domains like Financial, Healthcare and Telecom.
- Possess excellent analytical, presentation, problem solving and learning skills as well as a keen interest in the emerging technologies.
B.Tech (Computer Science)
Quick Test Professional 10.0 ,HP LoadRunner 9.0, Test Director/Quality Center 10.0,Selenium
Agile, Waterfall, V-Model, Spiral Methodologies
MS DOS, Windows NT/95/98/2000/XP/Vista/7, Unix
SQL Server 2005/2008,TOAD, Oracle 9i/10g/11g
MS Visio, MS Office 2003/'07/'10 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
Networking/Telecom, HealthCare, Insurance.
ETL /BI TOOLS
Datastage 7.5,8.0Professional Experience
Confidential, Southborough,Massachusetts.Date: Jan'12 - Sep'12
Title: Sr.QAAnalyst /ETL Tester
Confidential, is the premier provider of business process optimization and intelligence management technology supporting health insurers' commercial, Medicare and Medicaid lines of business. The application is to get online quotes and purchase for medical insurance in different
states of US. It involves both commercial and personal insurance. It is a complete online e transaction
application involving customers, agents and call center through direct or mutual interaction.
- Lead a 4 member team with all Systems Integrated Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Assisted quality assurance implementation in all the phases ofSDLC.
- Initiatedscope meetingsbetween System Test Lead and application stakeholders.
- Extensively involved in analyzingbusiness andsystemrequirements by conductingwalkthroughsto baseline test deliverables.
- Involved intest case design and test scenario identification for functional, integration, system, regression, security, end to end and UAT testing.
- Used QTP and Selenium to develop automation test scripts for system's core functionality and GUI's of the application.
- Worked with SQL queries for data verification and validation
- Automated the 60% of Manual Cases as per the feasibility.
- Schedule and drive Defect review meetings, validate submitted bugs, assign bugs to different teams involved in resolution, notify relevant business units, research and log root cause analysis for the reported bugs and follow through with a resolution and final testing.
- Used DATASTAGEas anETL Toolfor Developing the Data Warehouse.
- Extensively worked with DS (Designer, Director and Manager).
- Used the DATA STAGE Director and its run-time engine to schedule the jobs, validating and debugging its components, and monitoring the resulting executable versions.
- Worked with Data Warehousing developers who extensively used DATASTAGE, to design mapping to move data from source to target database using Stages to do the functionality.
- Interacted with developers, Business & Management Teams and End Users.
- Point of Contact in regular project status meetings related to testing.
Environment: QTP 10.0,Selenium, Load Runner 9.0,VB Script, MS Access, DB2,SAP, MS Word, MS Excel, Windows XP,PL/SQL,DataStage 7.5.3,Unix Shell scripting.
Confidential, Noida India Date: Aug'08 - Jan'12
Confidential, commonly known asAirtel, is the largest Indian telecommunications company that operates in 20 countries across South Asia, Africa and theChannel Islands. It operates aGSM networkin all countries, providing2G,3Gand4Gservices depending upon the country of operation.Responsibilities Handled:
- As a QA Lead of 5 members, worked with all SE's, Developers, Business Analysts, Offshore and Onshore teams from both technical and business perspectives.
- Implemented and tested the application with Agile Methodologyfor overall software test strategy and approach, project schedules, issue management, estimations and risk assessment.
- Defined the test criteria, project schedules and base lined the Test Plan with the help of project meetings and walkthroughs.
- Served as a technical mentor to less experienced staff. Update the testing metrics and status reporting to senior management.
- Developed automation test scripts for system's core functionality and GUI's of the application, using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Performed Black Box testing which includes System Integration (SIT), User Acceptance (UAT),Regression, Functional, Positive and Negative Testing.
- Configured testing environment for writing test requirements, analysis, test reports, defect tracking using Mercury Quality Center (QC).
- Automated manual test cases developed in MS-Word and MS-Excel and set the Shared Object repository, developed baseline scripts and enhanced the scripts in VB Script andQuick Test Professional (QTP).
- Wrote and modified required UNIX scripts and other SQL validation scripts and writing scripts in SQL to validate the outputs analyzed test results and creating performance evaluation reports.
- Created checkpoints and synchronization points for functional testing using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Interacted with developers, Business & Management Teams and End Users
- Point of Contact in regular project status meetings related to testing.
Environment: Windows NT, UNIX, J2EE, Oracle(9i/10g), HTML, MS-Access, Toad, Quality Center (9.5,10.0),Quick Test Professional(9.5,10.0)l, MS Word, MS Excel.
Confidential, Pune India Date: Oct'07 - Aug'08
Formed in 1990, Confidential, Cummins is a 103+M USD (FY 06-07 Revenues), 4200+ people (IT), engineering and BPO solutions and Services Company based in India. The company with a global foot-print offers an integrated set of solutions to customer in the Manufacturing & Financial Services verticals from its offshore centers in India (Pune and Bangalore) and a near-shore European facility in Poland.Responsibilities Handled:
- Developed Test plan, Test cases, andTest ScriptingLanguage scripts (TSL)for testing the Functionality, GUI, Security, and Usability of the application.
- PerformedAutomated Testing using QTP, for the GUI and functionality of the application.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to test whether it meets the User Requirement Specifications.
- Conducted Black Box Testing which includes Smoke, System, Functional, Regression and Performance.
- Documented defects in Test Director (TD) and implemented their resolutions.
- Loaded data to different databases using SQL scripts and maintained a repository for data loading Scripts.
- Identified the source tables from which the Data Warehouse extracts data.
- Followed the Software Development Life Cycle in all stages of the project
- Execution of the test scenarios and scripts and review of application functionality.
- Worked with SQL queries for dataverifications in Oracle(9i/10g)database.
Environment: Test Director (9.0), Oracle(9i/10g),Toad, MS Office, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Windows
NT,Datastage 7.5.3, QTP (9.2,9.5)
Confidential, Pune India Date: Jul'05-Aug'08
Confidential, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the symbol "SYNT". Syntel has more than 5,500 employees in offices across North America, Europe and Asia, As well as three world-class Global Development Centers in the US and India.Responsibilities Handled:
- Assisted quality assurance implementation in all the phases of SDLC.
- Analysis of the specifications provided by the client.
- Generating data from the application.
- Initiated scope meetings between System Test Lead and application stakeholders.
- Extensively involved in analyzing business and system requirementsby conductingwalkthroughs to baseline test deliverables.
- Involved in test case design and test scenario identification for functional, integration, system, regression, security, end to end and UAT testing.
- Extensively used quality center for creating and executing test cases and to add defects.
- Used QTP to develop automation test scripts for system's core functionality and GUI's of the application.
- Worked with SQL queries for data verification and validation.
- Performed cross browser compatibility testing to check the compatibility of the application under test with different browsers.
- Documented workflow and data flow diagrams for Business Process Analysis..
- Delivered final versions of deliverables to the Project Team.
- Documented system development, coding standards, review and tested guidelines.
Environment:Quality Center 9.0, QTP 9.0, Load Runner 8.0, Oracle(9i/10g),Toad, XML, HTML, UNIX, VBScript, Java, J2EE, Windows 2003 ServerAwards/Certifications
- Winner of many painting competitions.
- Was an active member of ISTE and SAE India.
- Stood second in Java,J2EE training batch of Syntel International Pvt.Ltd
- Won many prizes in debate and extempore competitions.