Quality Engineer Resume
- CQE, CQA and lead internal auditor experienced in managing quality engineering for product pre-launch, and manufacturing of OEM parts for major automotive manufacturers.
- Thorough knowledge of machining (CNC & Lathe), sheet metal fabrication, blow and injected molded parts, fasteners, welding specifications and inspectionand pre-assembly and assembly operations for JIT processes.
- Written and implemented many procedures for ISO and TS 16949, knowledgeable of UL requirements for lab testing as well.
- I’m very well versed in PPAP, Control Plans, PFMEA, capability studies, APQP, Calibration and use of measuring devices, Gage R&R, GD & T (tight tolerances), SPC charts, and Lean Manufacturing.
- Extensive experience working with company internal suppliers and external suppliers. (SQA)
- Strong record of success in achieving low defect rates on effective problem solving, troubleshooting, training and employee supervision.
Confidential,Gainesville, Texas 2009 – Present
Quality Engineer / Customer Liaison
- Coordinate all qualification activities for product launch.
- Lead ISO Auditor and trainer of new auditors and getting ISO approval.
- Reduced PPM with customer (Peterbilt) from 25,000 to <500.
- Coordinator for new GE turbine blade project.
- Develops Control, Plans, PFMEA’s and capability studies for all programs.
- Leads Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma projects for plant current savings at 300k to date.
Confidential,Texas 2005 – 2009
Quality Supervisor /Senior Quality Engineer / All Sprinkler Head Manufacturing Programs
- Supervised 10 floor auditors, 3 receiving inspection personnel, 1 lab technician and 1 calibration technician for (2) manufacturing shifts.
- Lead ISO Auditor for all manufacturing and office activities.
- Coordinator for all Control Plan and PFMEA’s.
- Engineering Change Notice Coordinator and MRB Coordinator
- Internal Quality Rejections - 2006 over 2007 - 40% reduction in house
Green Belt - contamination project has reduced scrap rate by over 60% and saved the company over 250k in the last (2) years.
Confidential,Michigan 2000 - 2005
Senior Quality Engineer / Ford Programs
- Coordinate at the Lear Ford Division Level APQP functions for the Ford Explorer/Mountaineer/Aviator.
- Worked and developed (9) Lear internal suppliers (Supplier Quality) involving cut and sew operations in Mexico and stamping plants in the United States.
- Credited with lowering Lear’s warranty department claims 86% for 2002.
- Successful in lowering PPM2002 to <25. Only Ford Division met goal over the GM and Chrysler Division’s.
- Reduced the number of written concerns in 2003 (QR’s) at Lear St. Louis by over 50%.
- Influential in helping new facility achieve Q1 within 1 year time period.
- Credited with helping both Louisville and St. Louis achieve their QS and TS audits in 2004 from Entella.
Confidential,Southgate, Michigan 1985 to 2000
Corporate Senior Quality Engineer – Corporate Headquarters
- Directed all quality functions for the launch of the Honda Accord and Civic Sunroof and programs for manufacturer of convertible tops and sunroofs.
- Coordinated support functions with company plant in Columbus, Ohio and customer plants in Marysville and East Liberty Ohio plants.
- Worked heavily with new suppliers in developing them toward the Japanese philosophy of manufacturing a part – SMED, Kaizen, Muda and Kanban.
- Directed successful launch of both sunroof programs, maintaining the goal of < 100 PPM defects to Honda plants – 1995 to 1999
Confidential,Holland Ohio 1980 to 1985
Quality Floor Inspector / Battery Analyst
- Inspected all batteries coming off assembly line before, during and after acid fill.
- Involved with capability studies on paste weights and frame weight studies as well.
- Teardown analysis on Warranty returns.
CERTIFICATIONS: CQE, CQA, CMI, TS Auditor, ISO Auditor and Green BeltCertified.
Bachelor’s in Industrial Engineering
Additional degree in Education
SOFTWARE: Word, Excel, Power Point, Mini Tab, Microsoft Manager, Infinity (SPC)
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes