A highly skilled, professional quality engineer. Goal oriented and commercially astute with extensive
experience in the development and implementation of lean manufacturing and logistical systems as
well as quality systems (BS5750, ISO9002 and QS9000). Comprehensive program management
experience from design to mass production.
Alternative energy and defense divisions, fabrication and machining of large and medium scale welding
fabrications for the alternative energy and defense industries OEMs
DIRECTOR OF QUALITY
- Implementation of quality systems ISO 9001 : 2008 and AS9100
- Successful development and launch of alternative energy division for the fabrication of 2MW and 3MW wind turbines for customers Vestas, Siemens, Gamesa and Nordex, from quotation through launch.
- Sole responsibility for the APQP and PPAP for alternative energy division including the application
of all international and customer specific specifications.
- Implementation of companywide customer concern database and problem solving methodologies
to better root cause customer concerns and to control the implementation of preventative corrective actions and lessons learnt.
Confidential, 2002 – 2008
Lighting division of a joint venture between Valeo and Osram Sylvania. Design and manufacture of exterior
vehicle lighting products to all OEM vehicle manufacturers in North America.
PRINCIPAL QUALITY ENGINEER
- Managed all customer quality concerns relating to current production, manufacturing or
component related issues for all North American OEMs and 1stand 2nd tier suppliers.
- Reported directly to the quality director and company president.
- Utilized extensive problem solving and analytical techniques and was able to quickly root cause
and resolve customer quality concerns without disruption to production.
- Reduced OEMs ppm figures per manufacturing location from 100,000 ppm to 30 ppm.
- Held sole responsibility for warranty analysis for all Ford, General Motors and Chrysler parts
supplied by Valeo Sylvania facilities worldwide.
- Managed multiple new product engineering launch teams from prototype phase into production.
Confidential, 2000 – 2002
Japanese lighting supplier. Design and manufacture of exterior vehicle lighting products for Japanese
OEM vehicle manufacturers in North America and General Motors.
SUPPLIER INTEGRATED DESIGN RELEASE ENGINEER (General Motors)
- Root caused and coordinated problem resolution between II Stanley designed components
and all other interfacing General Motors or sub-supplied components.
- Held sole responsibility for liaising between design and manufacturing facilities of II Stanley
and General Motors and the preparation of all FMEA, APQP and PPAP specification and
validation documentation for full product approval.
- Program managed and coached a team of manufacturing, quality and validation engineers as
well as designers and toolmakers from SOR phase of program to production launch.
- Applied best practices and product knowledge with regard to manufacturability of both the design
and manufacture of the product. Achieved right first time launch months ahead of schedule, below
budget and without warranty during the life of the program.
Confidential, 1997 – 2000
Lighting division of a joint venture between Bosch and Magneti Marelli. Design and manufacture
of exterior vehicle lighting products for all major OEM vehicle manufacturers across Europe and North America.
SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEER
- Implemented Total Quality Management (TQM) and Continuous Improvement methodologies (CIT) to increase the responsiveness
of the quality functions of the company to resolve, document and countermeasure customer concerns to reduce ppm figures.
- Developed and formalized a visual inspection system for viewing aesthetic parts which resulted in a scrap saving in excess
of $3,000,000 in the first year of introduction.
- Successfully program managed the introduction of over twenty-four new products for OEMs worldwide.
- Held sole responsibility for root cause and problem solving quality issues relating to vendor, manufacturing, assembly and all external customer issues.
- Managed a department of forty five quality engineers and technicians within the manufacturing environment.
Confidential, 1995 – 1997
World’s largest privately owned injection molding company. Manufacture and supply of high volume injection molded components to automotive, tele-tronic and commercial sectors.
SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEER
- Implemented quality systems, (BS5750, Ford Q1, QS9000 and ISO9002) into the manufacturing facility.
- Implemented lean manufacturing (Kaizen) systems throughout the manufacturing facility to aid in meeting and exceeding customer expectations with regard to quality, cost and delivery.
- Developed a continuous improvement, resource-based system that resulted in cost savings of over $2,000,000 in the first year.
- Implemented customer specific, total quality lean manufacturing cells, utilizing Ishikawa principals to predict failure modes to streamline inspection and reduce tact time while delivering higher quality and significant scrap reduction.
Confidential, 1994 – 1995
Computer manufacturer with unique technology, operating system and support infrastructure.
QUALITY & OPERATIONS MANAGER
- Implemented quality systems (BS5750, and ISO9002). Analyzed and streamlined company’s performance to increase efficiency and reduce waste.
- Restructured the service department resulting in increased revenues of over $50,000 a month and cut customer repair waiting times by 60%.
- Analyzed and streamlined company’s performance to increase efficiency and reduce waste.
Confidential, 1988 – 1994
Japanese computer and computer printer manufacturer (a division of Seiko Corporation).
TECHNICAL SPECIAL PROJECTS ENGINEER
- Successfully managed into production 22 new models of printers and computers.
- Implemented improvements in production efficiency through work and ergonomic studies, manpower planning and component cost reduction through component evaluation.
- Implemented a Kanban inventory system allowing production lines to be fed by AGVs (automatic guided vehicles).
- Introduced a robotic assembly production line that won top, Japanese quality and efficiency awards.
Post Graduate Certificate in Quality Systems
Post Graduate Certificate in Quality Techniques
Bachelor of Engineering with Honors in Manufacturing Engineering
Higher National Diploma in Mechanical and Production Engineering
National Vocational Qualification Level 4 in Manufacturing Engineering
Engineering Industrial Training Board Certificate of Verified Achievement
Engineering Council Exams Stages 1 & 2 (Chartered Engineer)
Ordinary National Diploma in General Engineering