- Bachelors of Science in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- TCP/IP Addressing, LAN/WAN Networking Techniques, Understanding of USB/Firmware Revision.
- Experience in preparing test plans, Black box Manual Testing, defining test cases, developing and maintaining Quality Assurance tests, analyzing bugs, interaction with team members.
- Involved in the Installation and troubleshooting of the products along with its prerequisites, Inspection Criteria.
- Extensive use of defect tracking tools.
- Involved in manual and Automated testing of Client/Server and web applications.
- Working knowledgeof Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), having thorough understanding of various phases likeRequirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Testing.
- Agile Project Development Processing
- Expert in automating test cases using Mercury Quality Centre using TestDirector, WinRunner, QTP, Load Runner.
- Expert in Manual Testing using Rational Clearquest Web.
- Personal skills including Excellent Communication, strong sense of organization and effective time managementand have the ability to work in a team as well as independently
Testing Tools : WinRunner, LoadRunner, Mercury Quality Centre using Test Director
Quick Test Professional
Operating Systems : Windows/98/2000/NT,
Packages : MS-Word, Excel
Languages : C/C++, Visual Basic, VB Script
RDBMS : MS-Access, SQL Server
Confidential, CA Feb.2008. Nov.2009
Quality Assurance Software Engineer
- Test effort Estimation
- Working on Agile development process as a part of the project Prepared and designed Test Cases, test plans and maintained in the Test Director.
- Use of Managements/Defect Reporting tool Jira.
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirements, Use Cases and Functional Specs
- Interacted with developers during testing for identifying memory leaks and fixing
- Interacted with Business analyst for technical and functional requirement
- Executed integration, functional and backend testing
- Working on end to end testing
- Working with XML files, executable in Google Earth.
- Used Fiddler to Debug Rest Service
- Performed manual testing for the execution of large number of test cases and also done the Integration Testing to ensure that every module works together as a whole.
- Designed documents like traceability matrix.
- Estimate the time line for the modules.
- Deploying the application in the testing environments and run the smoke test.
- Involved in developing scripts for automated testing using QTP.
- Prepared and executed SQL queries for Database verifications.
- Involved in Sanity Check test, whenever there is a new builds in QA/Pinned & Production Environment and was responsible for communicating the results of new build to the team.
- Review test cases and test plans
Environment: .NET, Intermec (CN3), JIRA, MS Projects and Quality Centre9.2, Fiddler
Confidential, San Francisco CA Nov.2006. Feb.2008
- Documented Test Cases and decided schedules for Test Cases Execution in various scenarios for User Acceptance Testing and different environments.
- Managing Test Cases records and execution with the help of Quality Centre 9.2.
- Verifying different channels of Communications for Event Messaging Services with the help of Mobile Devices and Emails.
- Demonstrating Project to different groups.
- Performed Black/Grey Box testing for different body parts of application.
- Scripts validation under different environments.
- Defined test strategies, planned and performed and managed all testing activities including functional, UAT, and regression testing.
- Performed manual and automated testing of the functionality of different components of the Application.
- Extensively generate validate Defects and report to Rational ClearQuest Web. Test for validate data and different services provided to particular Account.
- Analyzed the reports and Defectsin Rational ClearQuest to understand and remove bottlenecks.
- Responsible for entering, tracking bugs in ClearQuest to resolve bugs.
- Validating the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and the Functional Requirement Managing Test Cases records and execution with the help of Quality Centre 9.2.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Clients to gather the business requirements.
Environment: Quality Centre9.2, Rational ClearQuest Web, Windows NT/2000, HTML
Confidential, Inc CA Oct. 2005 Aug. 2006
- Designed and Documented Test Procedures and Test Cases for user acceptance, functional and integration testing.
- Wroteautomated test cases for regression testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Parameterized the scripts to avoid code redundancy and avoid hard coding of frequently changing values.
- Extensively created Data Driven Test scripts to read data from text filesand check for validity ofcustomer information and their accounts. Checked fordata boundaries/limits, incorrect input of data.
- Created database checkpointsin Quick Test Pro to verify application properties.
- Automated performance test scripts and verified theresponse timeunder differentload conditionsusing LoadRunner.
- Analyzed the reports and graphs in LoadRunner controller to understand and remove bottlenecks.
- Responsible for entering, tracking bugs in Test Director to resolve bugs.
- Running/Executing SQL Quarries
Environment: Quick Test Pro-8.2, LoadRunner-7.2, Windows NT/2000, HTML
Confidential, India March. 2003 Aug. 2005
- Analyzed system requirements, Executed detailed Test plan, Test cases, Test data, TSL scripts for testing the functionality, GUI, security, and usability of the Join Process, Ordering Process and Member Area, which includes Members Personal Information, Processing Order Information.
- Performed the Back-End integration testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries on the Oracle database.
- Involved in Functionality Testing for the modules and conducted Interface and Regression Testing during the various phases of the development using Mercury WinRunner.
- Wrote and executed automated Data Driven TSL Scripts in WinRunner for different website test scenarios, inserted various checkpoints to check web pages, table contents, databases, bitmaps and text, created compile modules for structured scripting and reusability.
- Created user-defined functions to configure and automate objects in the application.
- Involved in the performance testing of the application using Mercury’s LoadRunner, dealt with all three components, VUGen, Controller and Analyzer.
- Created transactions for specific set of actions and inserted rendezvous points to load test specific transactions.
- Used the concept of IP Spoofing to generate several IP Addresses and associate them to the virtual users to emulate a near to accurate real-time scenario.
- Used Mercury Test Director as a defect tracking tool to report application defects and enhancements request and discussed with developers to resolve technical issues.
Environment: Windows NT 4.0, Mercury Testing Tools WinRunner 7.5, Test Director 7.6, LoadRunner
Confidential, India July.2002 -Feb.2003
- Analyzed the requirements and participated in the creation of the test plans, test specifications and test procedures.
- In process testing and quality control Inspection criteria, test software and test Discs calibration and maintenance plan.
- Program and Hardware validation many of electromechanical components.
- Defect Tracking for software & Hardware.
- Generated reports and graphs and analyzed them to monitor the software performance.
Environment: Windows NT/XP, SureThing label editing software, PrassiTech Zulu 2 recording and automation software.
Bachelor of Science in Electronics & Communications Engineering.