To have a challenging career in a professional environment with high organizational values and seeking a challenging position in the information technology industry where I can utilize my technical background and professionalism, enabling me to contribute to the growth and success of the organization.
5.5 Years of Experience in Quality Assurance with over 3 years in leading QA teams and administering Configuration Management.
- Extensive experience in creating Test strategy, Test plan, Test case design, Execution, Defect Tracking, Metrics and Status reporting.
- Expertise in Manual and Automation Testing across Windows platforms.
- Good experience in Unit, Integration, Functional, System and User Acceptance Testing phases.
- Expertise in Defect Management tools – Quality Center(Test Director) and Quick Test Professional ( QTP)
- Good back-end testing experience working with SQL Queries and Oracle Database.
- Experience working with SDLC, Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Extensive experience in conducting project meetings including Test and Defect review meetings.
- Proficient in working with Onsite-Offshore Delivery model with direct client interaction.
- Good experience in leading the team and managing the testing projects effectively.
- Efficient in interacting with Project Stakeholders, business, development and management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly adapt across various domains and diversified work culture.
Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering and CCNA/CISCO certified software engineer.
Operating Systems : Windows 7, Windows XP, UNIX
Testing Tools : Quality Center, QTP, Win Runner
Database : SQL, Oracle, TOAD 188.8.131.52
Defect Management tools : Quality Center, Bugzilla
Languages : C, C++.
Other tools : MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, MS Project)
Confidential,New York, NY
Apr 2011 – Jan 2012
QA Lead / Project Manager/ Coordinator
Project: BMD (Branch Management Dash Board) Updates and Integration
BMD is a .NET based application used by Financial Advisors/Branch Managers and Senior Management from Sales/Finance of the firm which acts as a single location to access all the Morgan Stanley metrics for Assets, Revenue, Sales, Account Distribution, FA distribution, FA Compensation, Performance Metrics and other information at Division/Region/Branch level information. It provides end of day information regarding positions, balances, gains and losses.
- Create Test strategy and test plan document and get approved from the team.
- As an On-Site Coordinator -Coordinate with development and QA teams (offshore team) and carrying out the testing activity.
- Perform Functional and regression testing for each of the applications falling under BMD Upgrade and Integration.
- Assign project tasks, manage test resources and provide weekly updates to the management.
- Manage offshore resources and co-ordinate the testing activities.
- Manual Testing and Defect Management using HP Quality Center 9.2
Environment: Quality Center 9.2, MS Excel, MS Project, Windows XP
Mar 2008-Nov 2010
QA Lead & Analyst
Project: Ultra High Net-Worth (Wealth Management)
Ultra High Net-Worth (UHNW) is a web based multi-currency reporting system that provides new client reports and performance reporting functionality with multi-currency reporting for the firm’s Ultra high net worth client accounts. Accounts which were opened in Switzerland could not be brought over to any other countries due to privacy regulations. Hence the transactions were reported from different platforms. This application attempted to bring all the transactions and accounts in spite of the account being opened in Switzerland only when the client signed a waiver to do so. This application clubbed all the asset information of the clients based on the multi-currency transactions across the world in a standard currency.
- Create Test Plan document and Test Approach document and review them with the project stakeholders.
- Lead the offshore team and conduct weekly meetings to ensure effective communication and project timelines are met.
- Automate the regression test cases using Quick Test Pro 9.2 and run them for each build of the project cycle.
- Conduct Defect Review Meetings for defects logged in Quality Center.
Environment: QTP 9.2, Quality Center 8.2 (Test Director), MS Project
Confidential, (India); Confidential, (UK)
Apr 2005 – Dec 2007
QA Analyst (Full Time Position)
Confidential, is a product developed by RM Networks that supports the UK school teachers/students activity, assignment and performance tracking systems. Assignment Management is a part of CC3 that helps to maintain assignments given by the teachers the response from the students and tracking the students’ performance and overall learning curve of the students.
- This project was executed as a Onsite- Offshore model, wherein I was part of Offshore team initialy and later on deputed as On-Site Co-ordinator to UK.
- Involve in all stages of Test Life cycle – Test requirement analysis, Test planning, Test strategy, Test Case Design, Execution, Defect Tracking, Metrics and Status reporting.
- Defined project milestones, schedules and monitored progress using MS Project and updated plans as required.
- Automation was achieved by Win Runner. Data Driven Framework was used to develop scripts.
- Handled Defect management and Change management using CC3 module from RM.
Environment: MS Project, Oracle, TOAD, SQL