Qa Analyst Resume
- Experience in gathering System specifications, Functional, Technical requirements and expertise in writing test plans, test cases/procedures, test scripts and analyzing the test results.
- Extensive knowledge in implementing Frameworks, best testing practices, testing processes, methodologies, setting test standards and strategies
- Actively involved in testing projects right from analyzing System Requirements, Test Strategy formulation, Test Scope and objective, Manual System Testing and Automation Testing till Production testing and UAT
- Core Competence lies in Test planning, Test case preparation and Execution, Bug analysis, Bug Reporting and Risk Analysis and Management
- Experience in building Requirement traceability Matrix and Business scenario Usage scenarios as per business functionality
- Possess problem solving skills, communication and co-ordination skills coupled with a keen analytical aptitude along with a great sense of responsibility in execution
- Successfully implemented defect prevention techniques and reusability themes, improvised the productivity and efficiency and reduced the rework which reflected in the cost reduction of the testing projects
- Strong knowledge in creating Manual and Automated scripts for performing Functional, Regression, Integration, System testing, load, stress, volume, performance and stability testing efficiently.
- Have excellent experience in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure and co-ordinate multiple tasks in a work / project environment.
Windows 95/NT/2000/XP/Vista, Unix, Linux, CICS, TSO, File-Aid
C++, C#, VB, TSL, PL/SQL, Perl, HTML, TSL, Java
Test Management tools:
TIBCO BW, TIBCO Designer, TIBCO Admin, , MQ Series
Mercury Test Director, Mercury Quality Center, Bugzilla
Defect Tracking Tools:
Clear Quest, Quality Center, Bugzilla, Mantis
QTP, LoadRunner, Win Runner , Junit, Rational Robot
Unified Modeling Language (UML), SDLC, RUP, RAD, Agile
Office & Reporting Tools:
MS Office, Project, Visio, Lotus Notes, SharePoint
SQL Navigator, TOAD
Enterprise Resource Planning:
SAP FI/CO, SAP SD, SAP BW, SAP HR, PeopleSoft
Confidential,Peoria, IL Feb 2012 – Present
Confidential,was developed to help their online customers to access personal accounts like Savings, Checking, Loan, and IRA on the worldwide web. Online customers can transfer funds between various accounts either a one-time transfer or a Recurring transfer (weekly, monthly & yearly). CEFCU Online offer customers an option of having an alternative user ID which is used to send email notifications depending on volume, value, frequency of transactions. Customers can also download their transactions to MS Money, Quicken Deluxe and Spreadsheets to better manage their finances.
- Actively involved in the requirements and design phases to ensure comprehensive test coverage for applications and interfaces, provide retro-actively for existing applications
- Coordinated across stake holders to prioritize defects; worked with SMEs to assist in testing processes, and oversee / collaborate with them on test plans
- Worked with project managers to develop resource allocations and plan for the quality assurance parts of the development schedule and advise management proactively of any steps required to mitigate project/delivery risks during the execution phase
- Worked closely with developers and support teams to build software to match requirements through deployment and maintenance phases of projects
- Developed test plans and detailed functional and usability test cases for each deliverable of the software and project implementation services
- Lead a mix of in-house software engineers, out-sourced QA test team and in-house QA test engineers on the day to day execution of quality assurance efforts to meet committed delivery dates
- Prepared Traceability Metrics, milestones and reports. Implement quality processes and developed successful estimation models
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes and procedures for testing is established as per standards defined by the organization.
- Tested key areas of the private equity application; like Strategic Planning; Order Processing; Managing Key accounts, Market analysis; Assessing Client Details, etc.
- Validated results in Hogan (Mainframe) and documented results in excel. Using checking and Saving Account numbers (DDA), verified Customer profile and transactions.
- Used Hogan CIS inquiry commands (CUPR, CUAC, ACPR, ACCU, ACDT) to verify Account level and Customer level details
- Used IDS inquiry commands like TDA/DDA Inquiry/Maintenance menu (TDMU, DDMU, THFI, STMT) to validate detailed certificate and retirement account information.
- Validated the XML Schema, XML Queries and WSDL files using XML Spy.
- Validated that each Web Service operation functions as stated; Web Service returns results compliant with its definition ; sequence of web service invocations fulfill a required business process and that any of the above works as required with data input from external sources .
- Tested all the web services using SOAP Scope testing tool.
- Extensively used SQL to perform Data integrity testing.
- Performed daily walkthroughs of the test cases, bugs found and to solve the issues with development manager and DBA
- Tracked test case execution progress, test results analysis, defect reporting. Escalated issues to developer and retested the fixes and tracked defects until the defect is set to Closure.
- Gauzed day to day status/progress of project work and scheduled project timelines.
- Carried out test data preparation, maintained QC for defect reporting and carried out QC
- Managed entire Defect life cycle using Mercury Quality Center. Reported directly to Vice President, Quality Assurance and assisting to collect status reports and schedule formal and informal weekly meetings with team members.
- Worked with onshore/offshore QA Team for the Quality & Compliance group.
- Attended weekly walkthrough and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort.
Environment: Quality Center with BPT, .Net, C#, Crystal Reports, XML, VB, MS SQL Server, Sybase, SOAPScope, XML Spy, Hogan CIS, Rapid SQL, Lotus Notes, Windows XP, Excel, Visio, MS Project
Confidential,Peoria, IL May 2010 – January 2012
Involved in developing and implementation of complete test cycle for a Web based application e-Merchant developed for Confidential,From e-Merchant customers can download, print, send and view reports to their computer in one of several file formats. Mailbox option will show list of reports, which includes Charger back, financial reconciliation and Interchange and Settlement reports. With the ease of receiving monthly statement electronically online customers can also get tips, news, and information on accounts and services.
- Presented Requirement Specifications to Internal Stakeholders for review/acceptance. Revised BRD as necessary throughout the development lifecycle.
- Reviewed Software Requirement Specifications, negotiated and signed off on the Test Plans for the releases, produced feature specification documents detailing the high-level design of the software and the user interface.
- Interfaced with owners and other systems engineers to baseline requirements. Responsibilities also included providing training and software presentation using Web-Ex.
- Defined and documented test strategy, executed and delivered appropriate Test scripts and configuration & change management activities.
- Prepared WBS to identify the activities, activity schedule, task dependencies, release schedule and task allocation.
- Created Use cases and scenario diagrams using UML to model business and operational processes.
- Helped QA Lead to managed entire QA process, beginning from application inception to date of product delivery included defined Test objectives, designed Test Plan, and developed Test Procedure as per requirements for modules to check functionality and integration testing.
- Validated functionality and business rules in calculation, financial planning and reporting engines, based on requirements and use cases.
- Reviewed and updated Test Plans, Manual Test Cases and Test Reports during different releases of this application.
- Validated SOAP messages and WSDL Files for Web Services.
- Validated XML files for Journal Records and checked whether the data is parsed and loaded to EDW staging tables.
- Validated XML fields against the schema; decoded and extracted contents and then validated against Database tables.
- Helped QC administrator to setup the Test Folders in QC.
- Process Batch files for checking transaction and transaction response from ACH network.
- Validate records using the Transaction and account details menu (DDA Accounts) detailed transaction history, including today’s real time and memo post transactions.
- Used XENI and ASUM commands in IDS for DDA and CDA inquiries.
- Prepare reports based on results of batch testing procedures.
- Worked closely with teams of developers throughout the entire development life cycle, to elicit and manage requirements, develop test strategies and test plans and ensured product quality.
- Created SQL queries to test the backend functionality of the application.
- Made use of MS Office tools to create and maintain documentation such as test planning documents, test execution documents and test results documentation.
- Conducted weekly IRB (Internal Review Board) meetings to prioritize the defects logged to developers and to resolve the issues.
- Identify key process to improve efficiency and productivity. Identified work activities to be done during downtime
- Worked on department-wide activities such as process improvement efforts, will gather and report on quality metrics, and will participate in pre-and post-implementation reviews using Sharepoint.
- Prepared metrics, milestones and reports and implemented quality processes and developed successful estimation model.
Environment: Mercury Quality Center, Java, J2EE , TIBCO, XML, Microsoft Office, DB2, IBM Mainframe Sharepoint , Windows XP, Microsoft Visio, Project, Unix ,Informatica, Oracle, Internet Explorer.
Confidential,Chicago, IL January 2008 – February 2010
Project: Pulse (Platform for Unified Loan Support in Education)
Pulse Application provides a single platform for Global Sales, Global Processing and Global Customer Service for Private Education Loans. It provides functionality necessary to generate and support operational efficiencies and application effectiveness required to meet the private credit volume growth.
- Reviewed software and business requirement documents to get a better understanding of the system on both technical and business perspectives.
- Involved in writing and executing Test Plans and Test Cases for different modules of this application.
- Analyzed the current system in operation and developed Test Cases based on the client’s information for the integration and upgrade to the system.
- Involved in end to end manual testing of the application. Performed boundary value analysis (BVA).
- Conducted Functional, Regression and GUI testing on first build of the application.
- Used RFC’s to extract data from SAP FI structure and tested for its availability on Portal database.
- Wrote SQL Query to extract data from Portal database for testing purpose.
- Interaction with Business Development Team, Application Developers, Project Manager and other team members on application testing status when necessary.
- Actively participated in developing and maintaining the high level Process flow chart using MS-Visio to facilitate compliance with a view of business process with respect to functional testing.
- Generated and maintained metrics report to management for performance of quality systems and trends of contract issues.
- Provided QA review and documentation in a timely fashion to upper management and conducted timely failure investigations, and resolved quality issues and routine deviations on an ongoing basis.
- Helped QA Lead to develop legacy track record defect process flow in Quality Center.
- Presented time estimation and supporting reasons for testing activity to be performed.
- Used Sharepoint for document version control and approvals.
- Worked along with the Network team to resolve performance issues with the GUI and Legacy system. Resolved bottlenecks and delivered a highly functional and robust final solution.
- Worked with the internal/external process improvement teams to drive quality improvements, continuous process improvements and help ensure that products are delivered with the highest quality, industry best practices and coding standards.
- Worked with Project team to implement project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Assisted QA Manager, assembling test plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately
- Responsible for tracking key testing milestones and assisted Test and Project Managers adjusting project plans and resources to meet the needs of customers. Helped PM to coordinate and communicate with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed
- Assisted Project Manager in identifying and prioritizing opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise
- Worked with QA Team to test fixes for logged defects. Worked off-hours to quickly triage problems, determine root cause and test resolution in a short period of time.
Environment: Quality Center, Microsoft Access, Java, JSP, SAP FI, SAP SD, SAP Portal, Sharepoint, Internet Explorer, Windows, Unix, Oracle, Excel, Visio, Project.
Confidential, May 2007 – November 2008
Confidential,is a leading interactive entertainment software company. Red Eye partners with Midway, develops and publishes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, cellular handsets and the Internet. I worked for Red Eye as a Product Tester and helped the development team deliver an error free game product, and carried out aggressive testing to help sustain that reality in the future.
- Discussed Business Requirement Document with Business Analyst after reviewing business process and related documents.
- Reviewed Game Requirement Specifications, negotiated and signed off on the Test Plans for the releases, produced User specification documents detailing the high-level design of the Game and the user interface.
- Created scenarios to ensure that the test cases are correct and scalable for Game Product.
- Developed test cases and identified defects by paying close attention to quality, entertainment, visual appeal, sound, environment, challenge level and overall functionality.
- Carried out testing by activating different combinations of buttons and triggers on the controllers and observed the outcomes.
- Tested games for ease of use and ergonomics, such as whether the controller is comfortable to use for long periods of time.
- Ensured performance by testing hardware and use of accessories such as memory card, audio and video interfaces.
- Thoroughly tested games by work my way through various levels of a game like a typical customer and looked for bugs or offered observations on how the game plays.
- Detailed testing carried out with the most menial of hardware testing tasks, such as turning the game on and off hundreds of times and timing how long it takes to warm up.
- Worked with Product Development and QA teams to ensure bug are fixed and provide feedback on functionality of game play and the game itself.
- Conducted weekly walkthrough and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort.
MIS (Master of Information Systems)
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes