- Highly skilled signal integrity engineer with over sixteen years of experience qualifying and debugging electrical and optical serial data protocols, high speed analog and digital electronic components and systems.
- Proficient in eye diagram analysis, jitter analysis.
- Deep expertise in debug and problem resolution of high speed digital and analog electronic components and systems.
- Recognized multiple times by peers and management for strong attention to details, analytical and methodical approach to problems. Received multiple internal recognition awards for work quality and contributions.
- Adept at breaking down large and complex problems into smaller and more manageable tasks.
Confidential, Hopkinton, MA
Sr. Hardware Engineer
- Ethernet and InfiniBand switch test and qualification. Performance and qualification testing of high performance 1GBit, 10GBit, 40GBit Ethernet and Infiniband switches for internal business units. Line rate tests, 64 bit through 9000 bit frame sizes, CRC error handling, power supply dropout, overvoltage, undervoltage and crest factor tests.
- Expertise in signal integrity analysis, debug, and qualification of communication protocol and power signals for system boards and modules used across all product lines. Identify and eliminate signal integrity problems to ensure boards and modules conform to Confidential quality standards. FIBRE, GIGE, SAS, SATA, PCIe, Infiniband, SRIO, QPI, DDR3, USB, I2C, Vdd noise and ripple, system clocks, SSD drives, 1G and 10G Ethernet compliance testing, TDR.
- Reduced optical module and cable qualification test time 40%. Authored optical test procedure. Analysis, debug, qualification, environmental testing of single mode and multimode optical QSFP, SFP, MPO modules and cables.
- Department coordinator for test equipment evaluation and purchase, vendor visits and budget planning. Department test equipment yearly budget $300,000.
- Authored evaluation procedure for oscilloscope purchases . Negotiated reduction in equipment purchase prices which resulted in consistent end of year budget surpluses.
Confidential, Shrewsbury, MA
- Failure analysis of high performance, high capacity hard disk drive engineering prototypes and customer returns. Worked closely with design teams during design of product to optimize performance and reliability.
- Travel to Japan manufacturing facility to support high volume engineering prototype development and initial volume production of revenue products.
- Solve multiple technical issues concurrently in a high stress environment under tight schedule deadlines.
- Identify and eliminate performance problems and volume manufacturing issues.
- Ensure initial production volume and quality levels achieved.
Confidential, Marlboro, MA
Sr. Test Engineer
- Analysis and debug of Confidential application issues.
Confidential, Marlboro MA
- Develop automatic test equipment hardware and software for custom mixed signal disk drive integrated circuits.
- Device prototype temperature/voltage characterization.
- Bench evaluation of disk drive multichannel read/write preamps.