- 6 years of software quality assurance automated testing experience.
- Good knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle, Testing Life Cycle and Defect Life Cycle.
- Experienced in Using ALM/Quality Center and exposure to HP QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in Defect tracking tools like HP ALM/Quality Center and Test Director.
- Strong skills in Backend testing using SQL Queries on Oracle, sybase and SQL Server.
- Strongly experienced in developing automated test scripts using VB Script in QuickTest Professional QTP .
- Experienced in performing Data Driven test for testing the application with multiple set of data using QTP.
- Experienced in VB scripting in QuickTest Pro and created various Custom functions using QTP.
- Expertise in using QTP for functional testing, regression testing, UAT and SIT testing.
- Experienced in performing complex integration and regression tests on multiple software using QTP.
- Experienced in developing Automation Frameworks to perform Functionality and GUI testing using QTP.
- Experienced in developing Test Scripts, Test Scenarios and Test Cases from business and technical Specifications.
- Extensive experience with Unix commands and VI Editor.
- Proficient Black Box Testing and Knowledge of Grey Box Testing.
- Experienced in QA Methodologies like Waterfall model and Agile model.
- Experienced in Developing Automation Test Scripts, Reviewing Test Scripts based on the Requirements and preparation of consolidated Test Script Execution Results.
- Extensive experience on Functional, Regression, Integration System, User Acceptance and database Testing.
- Expertise in Manual Testing and writing Negative and Positive test cases.
- Proficient in identifying Test Scenarios while preparation of detailed Test Cases.
- Extensive experience with Reporting Tools like SSRS,SSIS, SSAS, Cognos and Business Obj ects.
- Experienced in testing configuration and customization like fields, page layouts, users, role hierarchy.
- Responsible for Regression, Build and Integration testing of features.
- Involved in meetings and walkthroughs and close interaction with business analysts, developers and clients for better understanding of requirements, functionality and business processes for testing of the application.
- Team player with excellent communication skills with strong problem solving and planning skills.
- Created Test Scenarios and Test Cases according to the business and system requirements.
- Documented test results, designed and developed test cases, updated status reports as well as worked with the QA Lead to manage release cycles and testing cycles.
- Done Verification and Validation to check a software system meets specifications and that it fulfills its intended purpose.
- Involved in developing test automation script based on detailed requirements.
- Involved in manual testing and automated testing of the test cases of web based applications and client server applications.
- Reviewed the requirements and the use case diagrams to write test cases, test plan that would test various scenarios. Test cases were written in HP ALM.
- Wrote the test plan and test cases for acceptance, functional, integration and performance testing using ALM.
- Developed and executed test suites and operations scenarios to find and report defects using ALM, Created and filed various office documentation using MS Office applications.
- Performed backend testing and analyzed the server performance on UNIX using SQL Quires.
- Performed Black Box Testing of the entire application using QTP automated manual test scripts using QTP for regression testing.
- Mapped the custom objects to the standard objects where necessary, and inserted GUI, Bitmap and Text checkpoints where needed, to compare the current behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using HP Quick Test Pro QTP .
- Performed Regression testing, Black-box testing and System testing for Java applications by creating VB scripts in QTP.
- Developed user defined functions using VB Scripting in QTP for testing database and validating the conditions.
- Created batch test scripts by calling another internal or external actions using QTP.
- Created Architecture design and Framework for automation suite, which involves Data, library and Core classes in QTP.
- Involved in different phases of the project life cycle.
- Responsible for conducting weekly status meetings with Client periodically.
Environment: UFT/QTP, MS Office, SQL, TOAD, ALM, UNIX, .NET framework, VB .NET, Visual Studio .Net, Oracle, Junit, Java, XML/XSLT, IIS, SQL Server, Crystal Reports, Windows, UNIX.
- Involved in preparing Test Plan as per Business Specifications.
- Performed the execution of Test Case manually to verify actual results against expected results.
- Involved in managing project risks and providing appropriate escalation and mitigation plans to keep a high level of project quality and customer satisfaction.
- Reviewed Functional Requirement Specifications and created test cases based on test scenarios drawn from functional requirements using Quality Center.
- Tested the application manually for a few modules for the functionality of the application using Quality Center.
- Performed root cause analysis on the defects at every phase using Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center to raise the defects and to manage defect management process.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract data from different databases including testing and production for data validation and data analysis.
- Wrote various complex T-SQL and PL/SQL statements for Back-end testing.
- Developed Automated Test Scripts to perform Functional Testing. Performed the Regression Testing to make sure that the bug has been fixed and the application is running properly using HP QuickTest Professional QTP .
- Enhanced the recorded scripts to resolve synchronization. Enhanced recorded test scripts using VB Scripts in QTP.
- Tested functionality of the application by inserting various check points like standard check points, text check points, table check points, image check points, and database check points in QTP.
- Created Multiple reusable Actions using QTP.
- Conducted Data-driven testing using parameterization in QTP.
- Developed a Keyword Driven Automation Framework with VBScript in QTP.
- Performed multiplatform testing in Sun Solaris, Linux, and Windows OS and also performed cross browser testing.
- Involved in User acceptance testing by providing the data to the business analysts.
- Interacted with developers and QA Manager to identify and resolved technical issues.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, Oracle, HTML, Java Script, J2EE, UNIX, SQL, Internet Explorer and MS Windows.
- Worked with Business Analyst for functional requirements and attained thorough knowledge in business requirements.
- Performed extensive manual testing of each module.
- Involved in SQL database backend testing.
- Wrote PL/SQL scripts and assisted C programmers for Application development.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries and analyzed the server performance on
- UNIX OS.
- Created basic script using QTP by recording user actions.
- Defined user defined parameters to execute various functions in Quick Test Pro QTP .
- Inserted verification checkpoints, synchronization points, and parameterized data using QTP.
- Executed test cases.
- Performed user acceptance testing.
- Performed Bug Tracking and Bug reporting using Quality Center.
- Participated in developing and executing test cases.
- Prepared traceability matrix.
- Used Quality Center for requirements management, test planning and defect tracking.
- Identified the bugs and interacted with the team lead and developers.
- Involved in performing Black Box testing.
- Performed Functional Regression testing using manual test cases in QC.
- Participated in manual testing.
- Performed Bug logging, Bug tracking and Bug Reporting.
- Participated in reviews and defect report meetings periodically.
- Involved in regression testing for the modified builds.
- Performed Positive and Negative Testing.
- Worked as a team with other QA testers to ensure that all projects are executed accurately and completely and assisted other testers with account selection, clarification of ambiguity with test results and general questions that arise.
- Languages : C/C , SQL, Java.
- Scripting Languages : VB Script, Python
- Operating Systems : MS DOS, Windows, UNIX
- Testing Tools : UFT, QTP, Visual Studio, Star team, ALM, Quality Center