Summary of Experience
years of professional experience in Quality Assurance and Software testing. In depth knowledge of Software development life cycle, testing methodologies. Proficient in System, Functional, Regression and Performance testing of Client/Server, Web Based applications and ETL applications. Hands-on experience with testing tools like Mercury’s QTP, Test Director and Quality Center.
- Over 5 yrs of strong experience in Testing of stand-alone, client server & web based and DW Applications.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Test Methodologies from project definition to post deployment documentation.
- Experienced in Waterfall, Agile, JAD, and RAD, RUP, Spiral and SCRUM, SDLC methodologies.
- Possess solid experience in Manual Testing along with skills in Automation Testing using Quick Test Professional.
- Experienced in Informatica-ETL testing in Data Mart and Data Warehouse applications.
- Expertise with Quality/Defect Management tools like Test Director and Quality Center.
- Skilled in Functional / Black Box Testing & exposure with White Box Testing.
- Experience working on e commerce and e business websites.
- Experienced in developing Test Plans and Execution of Test Cases for Manual & Automated Testing.
- Have strong skills in writing and executing test plans and test cases in highly structured and loosely structured development environments and performing all types of testing.
- Performed System, Functional, Regression, Integration, GUI, Usability, International, end-end, Positive, Negative, Data Driven Testing and UAT.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL server and Oracle Databases.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, self starter, quick learner, team player.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret a problem and its solving techniques.
Test Management /
Automation Tools: Mercury (HP)'s Quality Center, Test Director, Quick Test Professional (QTP), AutoIt, Bugzilla, E-track, Remedy, TORO, Intake Form, JIRA
Programming Languages: C#, Java, C, SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic, Perl, HTML, XML
Configuration Management Tools: Perforce, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, Microsoft Team Foundation server, CVS
Database Technologies: Oracle 11i/10g, MS-SQL Server 2000/2005, MS-Access, JDBC and ODBC
ETL Tools: Informatica
Web Server Technologies: IIS, Web Sphere
Database Utilities: SQL*Net, SQL*Loader, SQL*Plus
Development Framework/Tools: Microsoft .NET, Visual Studio 2005, 2003, JDK, J2SDK,
Operating Systems: Windows XP/NT/2000/Vista, UNIX, Solaris, Linux and MS-DOS
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :
Confidential ( Denver, CO) Feb ’12 -Till Date
Confidential is the second largest bank in the U.S in deposits, home mortgage servicing and debit cards. The Project involved upgrade of Governance Risk and Compliance ERP framework for Policy Works application using RSA Archer GRC platform.
- Assisted in ensuring requirements coverage for Bank’s Governance Risk and Compliance ERP framework.
- Involved in daily scrum meetings with Project manager, developers and Business analysts.
- Created test cases in Quality Center 11.0.0 on several applications like Control Standards, Incidents, IS Change Requests, Technical Base lines.
- Updated test cases in Quality Center to match new U.I on several applications in customized framework called the framework “RSA Archer eGRC platform” version 5.X.
- Worked on a custom built internal application called “Policy Release findings” used to track defects.
- Tested all the existing functionality to identify conversion issues.
- Reported the bugs to the development team and Archer support team in order to ensure the quality of the applications.
- Interacted with developers on a regular basis to resolve the issues related to defects.
- Generated test reports, defect reports in quality center.
- Involved in user acceptance testing by providing test data for users.
- Performed regression testing on different applications in latest builds.
- Worked as per deadlines and aimed to complete the tasks on time.
Environment: Mercury Quality Center 11, Windows XP, JavaMicrosoft Office 2007, Microsoft Office, SharePoint.
Confidential. ( Muscatine, IA) Aug ’11- Jan’12
SAP QA Analyst
Confidentials is the largest subsidiary of the Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest Tire and Rubber Company. The Order-to-Cash (OTC) Business Processes are implemented with the support of SAP ECC 6.0 to replace outdated legacy systems (COPS) and standardize the business processes across all divisions. The program includes 3 major projects: SAP Sales and Distribution, Warehouse Management Systems (SAP WM, Highjump, and AJWMS), and Transportation Management System.
- Working on SAP WM module to test various warehouse business processes.
- Reviewed and Analyzed the Blueprints and BPP’s to understand the business requirements and how SAP functionality meets the business requirements.
- Manually tested the SAP transactions for Picking and Physical Inventory processes across all five BATO warehouses.
- Involved in writing and validating test scripts for Putaway and Inventory Control processes.
- Created my own data by creating Sales Orders, Deliveries and Shipments in the Dev client during script development and Unit testing.
- Used HP Quality Center 10.0 to create Business Components, write test cases, execute tests, log, assign and track defects
- Communicated with the Implementation Consultant, Business Analyst, SAP IM and SD teams during the entire testing process.
- Performed SITC (Stand Alone and End-to-End), String Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Wrote place holders for other SAP modules and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Prepared data sheets for all the stand alone and end-to-end scenarios prior to testing.
- Re-designed and executed the test cases according to the change requests.
- Used Microsoft Office Project Web Access (EPM) and SharePoint 3.0 to view, share and update documents.
- Participated in daily status meetings with the Project Manager, Implementation consultants and other team mates
- Communicated with the LE and IM/MM teams in Nashville for defect assignment and effective resolving
- Followed the SDLC (Waterfall) process throughout the project
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0, Quality Center 9.2, Quality Center 10.0, Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Office Project Web Access, SharePoint 3.0
Confidential, Wilmington, DE Apr ’10- Jun’11
Project: Retails Internet Banking:
Retails Internet Banking is a customer Impact project. This project is all about customers enrolling to Chase Online Banking.
- Used GUI testing to check for appearance of the website.
- Performed Manual Testing to test the usability of the application.
- Written user-defined functions and generated Test Matrix.
- Maintained central repository to determine the readiness of the application by combining Planning, Execution and Defect Tracking.
- Participated in daily scrums to effectively communicate the progress and road blocks in order to deal with the constantly changing requirements.
- Performed Load Testing by using Load Runner.
- Importing requirements, create test cases, validate requirements with test cases and generate reports using Quality Center.
- Manage the testing process, schedule batch tests, log and track defects using Quality Center.
- Participate in review meetings to resolve bug related issues with developers.
- Communicate/Update team with best practices that they can implement to thoroughly test the application, but reduce the amount of testing time required.
- Participated in daily defect resolution status calls to discuss defects with vendors, project management and users.
- Created training material for offshore team as well as trained the new hires on application and bringing them up to speed.
- Answered and troubleshoot customer and UAT issues, questions, and problems.
- Conducted unit, functionality, system, security and regression testing by using QTP.
- Performed Back end Testing-using SQL queries, generating reports to ensure data integrity and validate business rules.
Environment: Quick Test Pro 9.2, Mercury Quality Center 9.0, Java, Jsp,XML, Oracle 9i/10g, Excel, SQL,Windows NT
Confidential (CULVER CITY) May 08- Feb 10
Role: SQA Analyst
Project Description: Confidential is one of the world's largest software companies providing security solutions. The primary objective of this project was to develop an in-house e-commerce solution and sell their Norton product line online through their own e-stores. The new web-based solution helps customers buy, upgrade & renew products like Norton 360, Norton Anti-Virus, Norton Internet Security etc., Worked extensively to test the e-store including purchase order flows, renewal order flows, user registration and the corresponding display on web front end. Also worked on their AMS Web functionality MyNortonAccount.com to track and download the products purchased from the e-store.
- Understand the requirements and formulate the test specifications including test plan and test scenarios based on requirements.
- Create test cases and map them with requirements using Quality Center. Manage the testing process, schedule batch tests, log and track defects using Quality Center.
- Recorded the Test cases using Automation tool Quick Test Pro for web based application and checked the functionality of the application.
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts to support regression testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Used VB script to enhance the QTP scripts.
- Script enhancements and Data Driven Testing for large amount of data were implemented with Quick Test Pro.
- Used reporter event for sending messages to the result summary by using VB Script in the expert view.
- Used Various Check points to validate the Tables, fields, texts and images in the Application.
- Import requirements, create test cases, validate requirements with test cases and generate reports using Quality Center.
- Performed Backend testing by extensively using SQL queries to verify the integrity of
- the database.
- Validated database insertion and deletion by executing SQL statements to verify the
- output data with ref to inputs entered on the application
- Manage the testing process, schedule batch tests, log and track defects using Quality Center
- Participate in review meetings to resolve bug related issues with developers
- Communicate/Update team with best practices that they can implement to thoroughly test the application, but reduce the amount of testing time required
- Participate in daily defect resolution status calls to discuss defects with vendors, project management and users
- Created training material for offshore team as well as train the new hires on application and bringing them up to speed
- Answered and troubleshoot customer and UAT issues, questions, and problems.
Environment: Quick Test Pro 9.0, Quality Center 9.0,XML, Java, J2EE, Web logic, HTML, Web Services, MicroSoft SQL Server 2008, IE 4.0, Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1, z/OS, Windows’ XP.
Confidential ( ANAHEIM) Aug 07- Apr 08
Domain : Mortgage
Role : ETL- QA Analyst
Project Description: The primary objective of this project is to replace the existing Internal Facing Client / Server Applications with a Web enabled Application System, which can be used across all the Business Channels. This project involves wide exposure towards Requirement Analysis, Creating, Executing and Maintaining of Test plans and Test Cases. Demands understanding and testing of Data Warehouse and Data Marts, thorough knowledge of ETL and Reporting, Enhancement of the Legacy System covered all of the business requirements related to Valuations from maintaining the panel of appraisers to ordering, receiving, and reviewing the valuations. Responsibilities:
- Developed, maintained, and executed Test Strategies, Test Plans, and Test Cases.
- Assisted in the implementation of QA processes to ensure correctness of data flowing through each stage of the Informatica based ETL process.
- Tested the Type1, Type2 and Type3 slowly changing dimensions.
- Participated in the requirements, design, and release readiness reviews.
- Worked with the development team to create a suite of test data to exercises data validation and actual ETL functionality.
- Responsible for the ETL build validation process on an ongoing basis .
- Understood the business information and translated those needs into QA requirements.
- Collaborated with developers to improve overall quality by emphasizing defect prevention through the development process.
- Worked with IT Operations to ensure test environment readiness.
- Wrote in-depth test cases, scripts using SQL and then did the testing.
- Developed data quality test plans and manually executes test cases.
- Formulated a solid test approach/strategy using a variety of sources ranging from well documented requirements specifications to loosely defined requirements.
- Performed data quality analysis using advanced SQL skills.
- Extensively worked on Informatica Power Centre Source Analyzer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet & Transformations.
- Tested various kinds of the transformations that were used to implement simple and complex business logic.
- Tested the Informatica workflows to execute session and load data into target Oracle Server.
- Used Workflow Manager for validating, testing, running the sequential and Concurrent sessions.
- Used Workflow Monitor to monitor the progress of workflow.
Environment : Informatica Power Center 8.1.1, ERwin r7, Business Objects XI R2, Oracle 10g,
TOAD 188.8.131.52, PL/SQL, Flat files, LINUX, Windows XP