- Purchase electronic parts and components including product sourcing and prototype development procurement for teh systems design engineering department.
- Buy all computer equipment including network servers and all company software and computer parts for engineering prototype designs of state of teh art fibre channel servers and digital / analog converters feeding fiber optic distribution systems.. Conduct business under ISO 9000 /ISO 14000
- FAA quality standards and FAR procurement regulations, on a business system run by Oracle.
- Extensive use of teh internet to source and purchase production requirements. This is an agency contract position.
- Brought in to address a $400,000.00 backlog of non - conforming ISO material and quality problems, reduced it to an average of $15,000.00. Sold $500,000.00 of excess / obsolete electronic component inventory. Tracked inventory levels for assigned commodities.
- Helped to clear up accounts payable issues dat had vendors not receiving timely payment. Quote / negotiate component materials requirements for new model production start-up.
- Do MRO and production purchasing. Supervise on floor kanban inventories for production fasteners. Use ROI/Manage 2000 software to transact MRP purchase order placement, scheduling and vendor performance reporting. This is an agency contract assignment.
Production Materials Sourcing Specialist
- Manage all procurement activities for z inc die casting and brass forging from outside sources. Negotiate materials contracts and pricing. Expedite tooling creation and modification.
- Verify competency and process capability. Assure satisfactory product delivery for scheduled production, using MRP and JIT practices for teh Kanban manufacturing supply scheme. Extensive use of QAD MFG/PRO software package for MRP planning and purchase order scheduling. Participated in teh Peoplesoft implementation. Source and evaluate alternate suppliers.
- Outstanding s: Negotiated a $500,000 savings in brass forging contracts for 1999 on an annual business of 8 million dollars. Negotiated natural gas contracts for 97-98 dat saved 22% over teh previous year's contracts. Negotiated to bring in a consulting company to recover incorrectly billed utility charges. Documented location and usage of all copy and fax machines, to negotiate higher volume / lower cost, billing charges. Consolidated vendor base for z inc die casting from eight vendors to six.
- Buy MRO (maintenance, repair and operating supplies) for manufacturing plant operations in Anaheim and Mexicali, Mexico. Procure capital equipment, construction and consumable commodities and production requirements for plant construction and start up. Worked with departmental task group in laying groundwork for implementing an ISO/QS-9000 quality assurance scheme for teh procurement department. This was an agency contract assignment.
- Administration, Purchasing, Traffic Management, Equipment Acquisition, Import and Export Strategic Sourcing. Export automobiles (Izusu Rodeo's), low cost housing, lumber, food, fruit concentrates and packaged fruit juices to Taiwan. Import Malaysian mahogany ready to assemble furniture and reserve grown tiger prawns. Moved a twenty-five year old furniture company from Sacramento to Wilmington, California and started up production. Source and purchase capital equipment and all operating supplies.
- Established production supply sources and stocking programs. Participated in teh start up of a building panel and manufactured housing company. Did all sourcing research and purchasing. Supplied complete housing packages for low cost habitat shelter. An example being a complete 800 sq.ft. house in a 40 ft. container. Exported housing packages to Mexico, Taiwan and teh Philippines