- Over 7+ years of experience as a QA Analyst testing Web-based Client/Server applications.
- Extensive experience in planning, designing, and developing of test plans and test cases.
- Experienced in Functional, System, Regression, Performance, Integration, and User Acceptance testing.
- Solid experience in SDLC and Testing Planning process. Proficient with Agile-Scrum methodology.
- Strong knowledge of databases like Oracle and SQL Server and extensively used SQL queries for backend testing.
- Fluent working in both UNIX and Windows environments.
- Expertise in both Manual and Automation testing. Used QuickTest Professional for automation.
- Experienced in testing Trading applications and extensively used different FIX message types like Administration and Application messages.
- Experienced in using IBM Clear Quest, HP Quality Center for managing test plans, test cases, requirements traceability and defects.
- Experienced in planning test schedules, batch scheduling and analyzing the results.
- Ability to interact with developers as well as business, environment and cross-functional teams during smoke testing, deployment and issues.
- Extensive experience in debugging and identifying the issues.
- Experienced in writing, maintaining and updating test documentation for various stages of testing.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills with strong technical background and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge in testing web-based applications which are developed using Java, .Net, and Oracle technologies.
TECHNICAL SKILL SET:
Operating Systems UNIX, Linux, Windows 7/XP/2000
Databases Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL Server 2008/2005, LDAP
Database Tools TOAD, SQL Navigator
Programming Languages C++, .Net, Java, FIX, JSON, HTML, XML, PL/ SQL, J2EE, JSP
Automation QTP, WinRunner, Selenium
Scripting Languages Shell Scripting
Protocols FIX Protocol, FTP, UDP, TCP/IP, TIBCO EMS, HTTP
Test Management Tools IBM Clear Quest, Quality Center, Test Director
Confidential, Chicago IL Jul 10 Present
Sr. QA Analyst
Project: PUMA (Market Data)
Confidential is the worlds leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. The main objective of the project is to provide a joint trading platform for CME Group and BVMF Bovespa to support multi-asset classes.
- Review requirement and software specification documents. Identify conflicts, errors in the documentation and provide feedback to business analysts.
- Excellent knowledge of Derivatives, Fixed Income, and Equity products.
- Create test scenarios and ensure the test coverage completeness and find any gaps.
- Breakdown high level test scenarios into positive, negative, boundary etc., test cases.
- Review test cases and interact with QA automation tool development to meet the projects automation needs.
- Good with identifying severity and priority level of the defect and test case.
- Responsible for testing Match Engine, Market Data and EOS Trader applications.
- Use Agile-Scrum process for productive work.
- Review message specification, instrument data documents for Market Data, Trading and Market Operations per iteration.
- Involved in smoke, integration, functional, regression, load, performance and production testing.
- Perform component and feature based testing. Develop SQL queries for back-end testing.
- Deploying build into smoke environment and setup configurations on centralized server.
- Manage build notifications and assist environment support team in deploying the applications into QA, verified production deployment accuracy and participated in production environment testing.
- Expertise in using FIX Protocol API. Testing admin and application FIX messages like heartbeat, logon, logout, resend request, reject, sequence, pre-trade, trade and post-trade messages.
- Read and understand the FIX log file and to interpret format and different tag combinations.
- Using IBM Clear Quest for managing test cases and defects.
- Mapped test cases to business requirements for complete traceability.
- Drive the weekly standup meetings with the development.
- Conduct meetings with strategy team for gap analysis to ensure all functionalities are covered between the different streams.
- Interact with trading, market operations and metrics streams to resolve day-to-day issues.
- Extensively used in-house tools like BRIO for automation, Fix/Fast tools for data verification, TibCP and HRI for load testing.
- Use WebLogic for stopping/starting the applications servers.
- Successfully tested in hosting application configurations in a central database i.e., SKEP.
- Use MS SharePoint to host documents in a centralized location.
- Assisted testers with knowledge transfer on market data and played a key role in support of the project.
Environment: RHEL 5.4, Oracle 11g/10g, Windows XP, PL/SQL, FIX 4.4/4.2, Shell Scripting, Selenium, Putty, Cygwin X, TIBCO EMS, Selenium, Web Logic 10.3.4, IBM Clear Case Clear Quest 7.0.1, IBM Requisite Pro, TOAD 9.0, JIRA, MS Office.
Confidential, New York Oct08 Jun10
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential Group is a world-leading financial services company, advising clients in all aspects of finance, around the world, around the clock. The main of the project is to provide Credit Suisse clients a global trading platform that provides enhanced electronic access to listed Derivatives; Cash Equities; European Government Bonds Eurobonds; US Treasury Bonds Agencies; as well as global Foreign Exchange products.
- Involved in meetings for preparing test plans based on business requirements documents.
- Develop the test cases to test functionality and interface of the application.
- Tests were planned and managed using Quality Center and performed manual and automation testing.
- Develop trading scenarios and test Order Entry and Market Data.
- Use Fix Protocol to understand various message types. Read and understand the FIX logs and debug if any issues.
- Used Quality Center to store test plans, test cases, test results and metrics.
- Conduct functional, integration, regression, and performance testing.
- Used SQL to perform data integrity test, validate stored procedures and functions.
- Communicated with developers regarding technical issues.
- Generated automated test scripts using QuickTest Professional.
- Tested the application by inserting check points and synchronization points in test scripts.
- Reported to development regarding defects and maintain these defects on Test Director.
Environment: QuickTest Professional 9.0, Quality Center 9.0, FIX 4.x, .Net, TIBCO EMS, Shell Scripting, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, UNIX, Windows XP, MS Office.
Confidential NJ Nov06 Oct08
Sr. QA Analyst
MedAssests comprehensive financial performance solutions improve healthcare providers operating margins and cash flow delivering the potential to increase typical health systems net patient revenue and decrease supply expense. It helps healthcare providers find cash from existing operations and to improve margins so they can help to continue to serve the community.
- Analyzed system requirements and develop test plan for end-to-end testing.
- Involved in black box testing for the entire project.
- Extracted test cases from the requirement specifications and design documents and write detail test procedures in Quality Center to cover the entire functionality of the applications.
- Input the requirements in Quality Center and trace the requirements for the test cases.
- Developed scripts in QuickTest Professional to perform functional, boundary and regression testing
- Improved the scripts to perform data driven testing and validating the test results.
- Enhanced the scripts by inserting checkpoints and solved the synchronization problems using the synchronization points.
- Audit the test cases with the development and business analysts.
- Develop SQL queries for backend testing.
- Maintained test case matrix to report the execution of test cases.
- Performed regression testing.
Environment: QuickTest Professional 8.2, Quality Center 8.2, SQL Server 2005/2000, TOAD 7.6, T-SQL, UNIX, Windows XP/2000.
Confidential, Bangalore India May04 Oct06
- Analyzed business requirements documents.
- Involved in preparing test plans and test cases based on the business requirements.
- Performed backend testing of the applications by developing and executing SQL queries using TOAD.
- Reviewed test assignments, developed test plans and scripts and conducted tests as assigned.
- Performed both manual and automation testing
- Developed and executed test scripts using WinRunner.
- Supported production deployments.
- Documents problems/issues found during testing using Test Director and communicated problems to responsible developer.
- Participated in walkthrough and defect report meetings periodically.
- Involved in training and mentoring users to use the application and resolved their issues.
Environment: UNIX, Windows, PL/SQL, TOAD, putty, WinRunner, Test Director.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Information Technology