Summary of Qualifications:
- An accomplished IT professional with referable experience in Manual Testing and Automated Testing of Client/Server and Web-Based applications.
- An energetic, team-oriented, and process-focused professional with excellent communication skills in Software Quality Assurance field.
- Experienced in working closely with users and business analysts, project managers, developers to understand requirements, business processes for testing and attending walkthroughs
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle SDLC and Software Testing Life Cycle STLC with emphasis on Testing and requirement gathering phases
- Experienced in reviewing and understanding business and testing requirements.
- Experienced in working in important phases of Testing Life Cycle
- Experienced in structuring test requirements, test methodologies, test planning, test case design, test procedures, test scenarios, and test scripts in black box testing.
- Experienced in developing test plans, test cases
- Experienced in Mainframe testing
- Experienced in analyzing system and application failures and bugs
- Experienced in using HP Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting the modification requests
- Experienced in using SQL for querying Databases
- Comfortable with UNIX platform, and experienced in Unix Commands and Vi Editor.
- Good Knowledge in ETL process and Data warehouses
- Hands on experience with Java based, .Net based Web Applications, and client-server applications.
- Worked in SCRUM and Agile methodology of project development
- Expertise in Problem Solving and Defect Tracking Reports using Bug tracking Tools like Bugzilla and JIRA
- Sound knowledge of estimates and offshore coordination
- Good knowledge in web servers, application servers, relational database technologies and network components
- Experience with Waterfall, V-Model and Agile process
- Experience in developing and executing queries for SQL server and Oracle databases for back end testing.
- Experienced in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix RTM to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements
- Extensive knowledge in gathering and understanding BRDs Business Requirements Document , FRDs Functional Requirements Document , SRS System Requirement Specifications and Use cases
- Testing Tools: ALM HP Quality Center 11.0, HP Quality Center 10.0, UFT 11.5, Quick Test Professional QTP 11.0, QTP 10.0, QTP 9.0, TOAD, AutoSys, Crystal Report, Business Object, Serena Business Manager SBM
- Databases Tools: MS SQL Server 2003/05, Oracle12g,11g,10g, MS Access, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012
Role: QA Analyst
- Analyzed the Business, Functional Requirements and Streamlined the Testing Activities
- Developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Detailed Test Cases based on the Use Case Documents, Business Requirements, and Functional Specifications.
- Working closely with Business Analysts on ambiguities in the FRDs.
- Responsible for writing the Test Cases and Test Scenarios based on the Functional Requirements and Use Case documents and documenting them in HP Quality Center Excel.
- Extensively involved in Manual/Functional Testing of the Web Based Applications
- Extensively tested Functionality of the Web Based applications, and UI Screens.
- Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Handled Defect life cycle process independently and handled issues by interacting closely with Business Analysts, Developers, Performance Testers, end users and other members of the Team.
- Performed all phases of End-to-End testing which includes Functional, Regression, GUI, System and Smoke testing of the application and its interfaces Client-Server Utilities
- Performed data integrity and data validation by writing SQL queries in TOAD for RDBMS Oracle.
- Tested various menus, options and utilities and Executed VB Scripts developed in QTP.
- Defect detection, reporting and tracking was done using Rational Clear Quest.
- Tested Functional Requirements manually to check the website performance.
- Used Quality Center for generating Requirements, Test Sets, and Test Plan and for reporting defects.
- Exported Test Requirements and Test Cases from Microsoft Excel and MS Word to Quality Center.
Environment: Windows OS, Oracle 9x, MS Access, VB, SQL, TOAD, RTM, QTP 9.2, Clear Quest, Req. pro, MS Office, Quality Center10, Agile, PVCS, MS-Excel, MS-Word
Role: Software Test Engineer
- Involved in planning, designing, developing and deploying testing strategies for Web based and Client server Applications.
- Well-versed with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC , Software Testing Life Cycle STLC for Manual and Bug Life Cycle and Scrum Methodology.
- Having sound knowledge of scripting using VBScript
- Writing, Reviewing Executing test cases for Functional, Integration, System, GUI, and UAT testing.
- Profound working knowledge in defect tracking tools Quality Center.
- Have good experience on testing Web 2.0 and web services using Soap UI.
- Extensively involved in writing execution of SQL statements for backend testing.
- Utilized HP Quality Center QC to log defects and manage changes in requirements.
- Good Exposure on Requirements Analyzing, Preparing the Test plan and estimate Testing Effort.
- Hands on Experience on Test cases, Automated Tests and Test Data and Good expertise in reviews of various Testing Documents.
Environment: Quick Test Pro10, Quality Center10, SQL, J2EE, JAVA, VBScript, Windows XP, LoadRunner
Role: Software Test Engineer
- Involved in gathering Requirements specifications and requirements from development personnel and business prior to System Testing.
- Interacted with end users to obtain specific system requirements and developed test plans, test cases and test Scenarios to cover overall quality assurance testing
- Wrote Test cases for manual testing
- Wrote Test analysis report.
- Went through the application coded in Java to perform backend testing to check data integrity
- Primary responsibility was to perform backend testing and used SQL queries to extract data from the Oracle database and check out for DML anomalies.
- Performed Data driven testing to test financial data in Oracle database.
- Conducted System Testing, Functionality Testing, User Acceptance testing and Configuration Testing including Black Box
- Used Load Runner for Performance Stress testing and analyzed the response times of the business transactions under load.
- Responsible for keeping test schedule and updating weekly status to manager.
- Developed and executed test suites and operation scenarios to detect report and track defects using Test Director.
Environment: Java, XML, Soup UI, Unix, Windows XP, Microsoft Office Share Point, Microsoft virtual PC 2007, QTP 10, VBScript, Mercury Quality Center 10
Role: Software Test Engineer
- Created new test cases using requirement specifications and use cases, in consultation with business analysts
- Prepared various sections of the test plan
- Tested the application functionalities performed different test procedures for each development release: smoke testing, black box testing, regression testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Reported tracked defects worked with developers to resolve problems
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix RTM
- Worked in an agile environment
- Worked with Quality Center components: test plan, test lab and defects
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, VB Script, XML, AFE, B2C, TRONweb, MS .NET, Java, Oracle, AIX
Role: Software Test Engineer
- Involved in developing test plans by understanding the User Requirements and business logic to enable manual testing of application
- Discussed and worked with business analyst team to gather detail functionality.
- Performed manual testing considering the base line of developed test plan and test cases Functional, System and Integration testing of the application
- Updated status to the QA Manager as and when needed considering both positive and negative scenarios.
- An executed test case developed by self or peers. Compared and analyzed actual to expected results and reported all deviations for resolution. .
- Performed Integration, System and UAT testing
- Used Test Director to document the test data for all the manual tests
- Identified defects and logged and tracked all new and existing ones
Environment: Quality Center 9.2, QTP 9.2, MS Office, XML, SQL, Internet Explorer, Visio, UNIX and Windows OS