Software QA Lead
- Worked as a SW QA Manager/ Lead, Project Coordinator and Business Analyst for almost 9 years in Agile as well as Waterfall environment, on various infrastructures including Client-Server applications, Web applications and Mobile applications.
- Solid Experience in Agile process to plan, create and manage the backlog items, participate and organize scrum meetings. CSM - Certified Scrum Master, 2014.
- Excellent working experience with different phases of SDLC lifecycle including requirements gathering, planning, analyzing, designing, documenting and testing.
- Successfully managed timelines, deliverables, resources as well as different sized QA teams including onsite-offshore team structures.
- Implemented QA Standards, Guidelines and Regulations in small to medium project environments.
- Worked closely with Key stake holders at different phases of project cycle to ensure correct implementation based on the the project requirements and specifications.
- Accelerated time-to-market by 20 percent through use of appropriate project management techniques, software quality tools, improved debugging methods, and timely personnel training.
- Extensive experience working with different mobile platforms like Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Windows mobile 7 and Palm OS.
- Proficient in designing, documenting and reviewing different documents including requirements documents, feature documents, user stories, test plans and test procedures.
- In depth knowledge of all QA activities including development of test strategies and test plans, defect reporting and management, creation of various test and execution matrix, risk analysis and status reporting.
- Hands-on testing experience for Manual, Functional, System, Integration, Regression, Security, Load, Performance, End-to-end and Business Process testing. Experience working with automation team for regression and functional areas, maintaining automation test scripts and documents to improve QA process.
- Proven ability to work in extreme competitive environment and handling multiple projects concurrently.
Key Technical Skills
QA Project Lead
- The Mobile Center of Excellence provides mobile application development solution for iOS and android platforms.
- Current project involves developing the vanilla and branded version of insurance mobile applications.
- Facilitate the resolution of testing roadblocks, ensure execution of QA deliverables and guiding team members on agile standards and best practices.
- Regularly interact with management and product owners on project status, priority setting and sprint timeframe.
- Create test plans and test reports for multiple releases of various mobile applications. Coordinating the off-shore automation testing efforts and test cases by weekly review meetings.
- Established and reviewed QA sign off criteria, software build and test process with scrum team.
- Ensuring the accepting criteria is met for each product increment at the end of iteration.
- Effectively lead issue triage meetings with scrum team to plan defect fixes for sprints by reviewing the defect priority and severity with Product owner.
- Reviewed customer feedback to accommodate their evolving requirements and supporting their UAT test efforts.
- Updating and maintaining data and file structure for various API/JSON endpoints and content validation.
- Lead cross Line of business groups for designing test approaches and managing the end-to-end quality life cycle of technology sponsored projects for Client-server and Web applications.
- Provide subject matter expertise to set QA direction for different business user applications.
- Gather various project data from different LOB teams and generate relevant status reports.
- Review Impact Matrix to identify impacted blocks and scope of infrastructure implementation changes to provide test estimation and Master test plans.
- Lead on site and off shore QA teams for planning and managing test executions.
- Actively participate in Daily defect Test execution meeting across various business teams and provide relevant status, associated risks updates and resolutions for the issues.
- Managing defects to drive through the resolution and conduct issue triage meetings as needed.
- Supervising the process to align the QA guidelines for different LOB teams to ensure improved product quality.
- Review and customize the production outage reports and communicate further to impacted groups.
- Representing the Technical operations team to provide Go/No Go status for upcoming release.
- Actively work with Business PM and IT PM for testing schedules and reported issue status. Also provide the RAG status to upper management based on associated testing risks.
Environment: Agile, Quality Center/ALM11, JIRA, SharePoint, MS Project, QTP, Testlink, Citrix, VM/Cloud environment, SQL/Oracle DB arch, JSON, J2EE, zOS/Mainframe and middleware/MQ technologies, Mobile platforms, iOS, Android, Asana, JIRA, Calabash, Cucumber, GitHub, PerfectoMobile, VersionOne, AppThwack, SOUP UI/REST Client., Waterfall.
QA and Testing Manager
- Analyzed and reviewed Business Requirement Documents and System Requirement Specifications to identify the scope and coverage of technology project that provides the testing capability for mobile business applications.
- Analyzed and translated business requirements to functional requirements.
- Created and reviewed QA documents including the Test architecture, test plan and test cases.
- Evaluated different mobile automation tool based on capabilities and limitations. Created IT-BOM and DAR Decision Analysis Review evaluation documents for the hardware software procurement process.
- Worked with external vendor for automation tool licensing, cost and compatibility with existing infrastructure.
- Responsible for implementation and configuration of the mobile application automation tool setup like ZAP-fiX and M-eux.
- Successfully set up the testing environment to support Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows 7 mobile platforms for testing mobile applications both on emulators and devices.
- Actively conducted triage meetings to analyze test results, identify and track the issues in Quality center and work with development for issue resolution.
- Identified and documented application faults and recommended required modifications to the web and mobile applications to meet project specifications.
- Managed and mentored various application QA teams about mobile application testing concepts, methodologies and practices.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, ZAP-fiX, M-eux, Perfectomobile, MS Project, Android SDK, iPhone SDK, Blackberry OS, Windows Mobile 7, Citrix, HTML, HTML5, PHP, JSON, Clarity, Agile, Waterfall.
QA Lead and Business Analyst
- Responsible for planning, designing and successfully launching various applications for multi-mobile platforms including Brew, Android, iOS, webOS, Blackberry OS, Windows 7 Mobile and Symbian OS along with web-based versions.
- Lead various small to medium scale projects by working closely with key stakeholders including analysts, architects and developers.
- Successfully managed multiple concurrent projects at different stages of SDLC and drove 5 major projects to completion.
- Worked with PMO Project Management office for planning and estimating efforts - providing inputs on functional requirements, implementation options, resource optimization, phasing strategies, and level of effort estimates.
- Utilized MS Project for directing, tracking and outlining tasks during the project.
- Created a unique skeleton flow, which would easily allow creating branded apps from a single vanilla app. The flow included details like steps to be executed, time of execution, dependencies and final verification.
- Effectively redesigned and implemented improved company procedures resulting in better quality and reduced time to market
- Lead cross-functional efforts to identify, prioritize and conduct root cause analysis on a diverse set of issues.
- Successfully created helpdesk ticketing system for customers, so they can directly enter and monitor the reported issue.
- Developed and maintained process diagrams, feasibility studies, requirements specifications, test plan and test cases.
- Produced reports summarizing market reviews and customer feedback metrics. Also regularly reviewed product usage, analytical reports, latest consumer/market trends and user requests to support the product roadmap and improve product quality.
- Deployed mobile applications to the various application stores including Apple iTunes, Android Marketplace, BlackBerry App World, Palm App Catalog and Verizon Vcast.
- Maintained and updated Test data in various database tables.
Environment: JIRA, Device Anywhere, Flurry, Google Analytics, MS Project, Toad, PL/SQL, Android SDK, iPhone SDK, Blackberry OS, webOS, Windows Mobile 7, HTML, HTML5, PHP, Java, Middleware, Agile.
Sr. System integration and Test Engineer
- Analyzed Requirement gathering L1-L2-L3 document, Features Scope document, Design document and developed Scenario outlines, Test strategies and test plans for System Integration and Test Department.
- Specified, implemented, and executed verification tests for ASTRO systems during the integration and validation phases of the ASTRO product lifecycle.
- Worked closely with other test teams to identify scope of system testing and test execution schedule.
- Worked independently as a System Owner, Feature lead and SME for multiple release features and Single point of contact of System Integration and Feature Test Lab for new ASTRO release features.
- Held the FTR Formal Technical Review meetings for Scenario outlines, Test strategies and Test plans.
- Conducted daily scrum meetings for Agile sprint. Worked on sprint planning by assigning and tracking scrum activities progress.
- Independently completed various ASTRO Stopship products including verifying the fix for customer issues and reporting the progress status to management.
- Improved quality by designing and executing Ad-Hoc test sets for P2P protocol and Digital conventional network feature implementation.
- Logged the defects and coordinated efforts with the development team to resolve the problems using defect-tracking tools like Citrix and JIRA . Provided first hand technical investigation of reported network issues along with gathering relevant logs.
- Expertise on End-to-end testing of 2way radio communication and networking system.
- Expert knowledge of Networking protocol and technology TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, DDM Dynamic dual mode , Point to point communication systems, Digital conventional system, TDMA, FDMA, CDMA.
- Received BRAVO award for excellence in performance and other peer recognition awards..
Environment: Insight, JIRA, Quality Center, Citrix, Toad, TCP/IP, P2P, OmniPeek, Wireshark, Etheral, Rational Clearcase, DOORS, VersionOne, Primavera, Agile, Waterfall.
Sr. RF Engineer
- Lead the North Gujarat region for RF Planning and Design.
- Responsible for Network expansion and optimization by Planning, Designing, Implementing and Testing new RF sites.
- Involved in defining the business process for RF planning by identifying the business requirements.
- Worked with business analysts to gather the network design specification.
- Resolved network implementation and performance issues by coordinating with the operation and implementation team.
- Tailored already existing network test cases to meet enhanced project requirements.
- Analyzed and reviewed the project requirements and specifications to understand the scope and coverage of the project.
- Analyzed the existing system architecture and identified the required changes to support the project implementation.
- Developed the required software code using C and higher assembly language.
- Executed unit code testing with specified input and output to verify the design flow.
- Created weekly status reports, reflecting the progress of the project to share with the higher management.
- Solely responsible to drive the project to completion on time.