- Effectively lead and manage software testing teams in-house and off shore, across multiple projects meeting customer requirements and business objectives.
- Over twenty years of IT experience in QA, RDBMS/SQL, Business Object Reporting, Networking, Operating Systems and Training. Over 12 years of Software Quality Assurance and testing experience in a wide variety of environments of Windows and Unix/Linux. And more than 8 years as a QA Engineer, Project Lead and Business Analyst. Extensive knowledge in Financial Billing, Medical claims, Healthcare, Banking and Insurance industry. Objectives: Developed and executed testing project plans in line with enterprise project delivery process.
- Highly experienced in creating Business Requirement Document BRD , Functional Requirement Documents FRD and High Level Design Document HLD .
- Involved in Complete Software Development Life Cycle SDLC , Software Testing Life Cycle STLC and Defect life cycle.
- Involved in Integration, System, User Acceptance and Regression phase of Testing.
- Responsible for creating recurrence test methodologies and testing automation using tools like Quality Center, QTP and Load Runner.
- Oversee and develop standard testing documentation such as Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test cases, Progress reports Defect tracking reports, Test Summary document, Statistical Reports and other required Project Artifacts.
- Document and provide reports on defect status, root cause Analysis, prioritization of testing efforts, test case planning, execution, and issue resolution.
- Partner with Project Managers, Developers and Business Analyst to identify needs, doubts, or errors and make suggestions to improve requirements.
- Involved in Walkthroughs, Review Meetings with Product Owners to develop Use Cases.
- Involved in deployment activities and perform Smoke Test for the deployments on different Dev/Test and UAT environments.
- Involved in different testing methodologies such as Waterfall, V model and Agile. Worked as a Scrum Master for Agile testing process.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix and Quality Matrix for projects.
- Support and trained other team members within the organization.
- Excellent organization and communication skills. Technical Skills and Tools :
- Windows, Unix, Linux HP Quality Center, QTP, Load Runner, Test Director
- Oracle 10g, Toad for Oracle Rational Clear Quest, Requisite Pro, Clear Case
- Windows Server 2000/2003 SQL queries and scripts
- SharePoint 2007 Implementation Oracle BEA Web Logic 8.x
- Crystal Reports 10, XI JIRA for Defect Management
- Microsoft Project, Visio, Office People soft HR finances
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP In-house Healthcare related applications for CMS, Medicaid
- Health Connect EPIC Curam for Department of Human Services
HP Senior QA Specialist
- Analyze the High Level Design documents to ensure that the system meets all technical and business requirements. Responsible for, leading and working with application leads to research and fix application software, process maps and business workflow issues. Designed and created test plans, flowcharts and other test documentation, analyzing information from varied sources such as functional and design specifications, use cases, manuals, customers' requirements, support issues. Create User Stories and Use Cases for Product Backlogs. Used Agile and Scrum testing methodology with a four week sprint. Manage and perform entire workflow testing for NJDHS NJ Department of Human Services programs such as TANF, GA, SNAP, Childcare, NJKids, Medicare and Medicaid. Also involved in Affordable Care Act Obama Care testing, planning and implementing strategies from Registration to Check Eligibility. Involved in testing the Health care claims adjudication and Healthcare reforms on the new system. Conduct JAD sessions to review current state business workflows, system areas and process..
- Validate project specifications including business and functional requirement, user specifications and architecture to ensure specification are met and tested completely
- Schedule, coordinate and participate in meetings to review and finalize decisions to meet business needs and requirements of a TCOE Test Center of Excellence . Worked with conversion team assisting with data cleansing, adhering to Data Quality policies set by the state. Participation in preparation and presentation of project demo to the customers and end users. Worked on web services to test the Inbound and Outbound files using SOAP UI. Planned and Implemented the entire UAT process, provided training to clients to carry out UAT successfully. Run automation scripts in QTP / UFT for regression and functional testing. maintaining existing automation framework.
- Executing the automated scripts and storing the results in QC/ALM.
- Analyzing the results and Defect tracking through QC/ ALM.
Senior QA Lead
- Expertise writing Automation scripts Using descriptive programming and VB Scripts through QTP for web applications.
- Primary responsibilities include analyzing, validating and testing system configurations and builds as per project schedule, Create business requirements documents and Functional Requirements doc from Business owners and JAD sessions. Testing system and application configurations, builds, changes and reports in non-production environment using enterprise testing procedures and tools.
- Involved in SOA/Web services / Web-based testing using SOAP and REST.
- Provides technical/testing support for ongoing system maintenance, changes, upgrades and installs.
- Identify and Automate as much of the manual testing effort as possible while implementing a repeatable highly reusable framework.
- Extensive experience working with, validation and testing Clinicals, Ancillary and source systems interfacing with Benefits System, Provider Systems, Membership Systems, Claims Adjudication System, ICD 10 and HIPAA 5010 migrations.
- Responsible for, leading and working with offshore teams to review progress and report status of work assigned. Provide feedback and impact analysis to application build team and application coordinators on current and future state Follow, elaborate and execute project management practices such as change request management, defect management with project manager to document impacts change requests, defects, scope and other changes , provide effort and cost estimation.
QA / Project Lead
- To ensure their Sales and Billing applications are tested as per requirements of their expanding business. Design, plan, execute, test and analyze customizations to in-house applications.
- Create System, functional, integration regression test cases from all available documentation including Visio diagrams, UML, State charts, requirements and design documents.
- Coordinate efforts between enterprise test team and offshore product development teams.
- Write SQL queries to manipulate data for Data Warehousing test execution in both Oracle and SQL Servers. Schedule DTS and ETL packages for back-end testing strategies and BI testing. Also used Excel for extensive LOOKUP functions, Pivot Tables, Data Consolidation and Macros.
- Install and Setup Mercury Automation tools. Administer and manage QTP/UFT, QC/ALM and Load Runner by creating projects in different domains, giving specific users the rights and permissions to log and manage their own qtp scripts, test plans and defects.
- Involved with the Businesses to assist in End to End Interface testing.
- Used REST for Web Services testing of the OPUS Project that involved consolidation of Sales, Billing, Reporting.
- Manage Dev/QA/Prod environments and schedule releases and builds as per the policies.
- Document defects using Quality Center/ ALM, setting priorities, severity, and other relevant criteria.
- Overlook the Load testing effort of the application using Load Runner connecting via Citrix. Create and present reports to validate system's performance results.
- Ensure that development and test team followed SOX and Change Control procedures.
- Take ownership of the project and assure every step of the SDLC is implemented in an organized way which is well communicated and documented.
- Involved in SOA discussions for ORACLE implementation.
- Generate Reports for the management and stake holders on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate with the users and help them run UAT tests for all end to end testing.
- Discussing test results with developers and project team members to isolate defects and problem resolution.