- Have over thirty years of experience in systems analysis, design, programming, maintenance, testing, documentation and production support.
- Have been working in IBM Mainframe and DEC VAX/VMS environments for the last several years of my career.
- Successful in developing applications from the IBM Mainframe, DEC VAX/VMS and Alpha, HP-Unix and IBM PC's with Micro focus COBOL. Migrated applications from the IBM platform to DEC platforms and IBM platforms to HP-Unix.
Highlights of accomplishments include:
- Currently studying for certifications as a Software Quality Engineer CSQE exam from the American Society for Quality ASQ and also the Certified Associate in Project Management CAPM from the Project Management Institute PMI .
- Team Leader for Batch Support Team. This team worked with all application teams to develop batch standards and processing. Standards included JCL, Procs, file names and job names for the development, test and production regions. Defined the job schedule that included restart/rerun instructions, backups and also disaster recovery procedures.
- Sr. Analyst in which developed applications to unload data from an IMS database to flat files. Then port the data to the HP-Unix platform, with loading Oracle tables with SQL Loader scripts while creating the primary keys, foreign keys and indexes of the tables.
- Sr. Analyst which duties included modifying applications to remove processing against VSAM files. The modules were created and standardized for I/O routines to get the data from the DB2 tables and process against relational tables instead of KSDS. Common application routines to be called for functioning to be able to streamline and have re-usability for the database transactions.
- Production Support for batch and online applications.
- Worked with the end users for identifying production data problems, resolving issues and creating standards to ensure problem resolutions had procedures for technical staff to follow.
- Project Team Leadership, Application Design, program specification, Structured Methodologies with programming, testing, implementation, maintenance, trouble shooting, documentation and training.
- Excellent communication and written skills with extensive problem solving experience.
- Dedicated to project completion and implementation with very thorough analysis skill sets.
- Hardware: DEC Vax, IBM Mainframe, PC, Unix
- Operating Systems: VMS, ALPHA, MS-DOS, DOS/VSE, OS/MVS/VSE, Windows NT and Windows 95/XP/Vista/7
- Industry: Banking, Federal State Government, Cellular Telephone Communications, Retail,
- Manufacturing, Defense and Health Care
- Languages: COBOL, COBOL II, M/F COBOL, DCL, JCL, PL/1, Visual Basic, Dbase III/IV, Clipper, Btrieve,
- Foxpro, Basic, Penpal, SQL, Mantis, CDCQ, CDD, Spectra, CICS, SAS, VB 6.0, C , Visual Studio
- 2008, IDMS/ADSO, Paradox, Easytrieve, Infoman, Fujitsu Cobol
- Database/File Systems: IMS DB/DC, DB2, Rdb, RMS, ROSS, VSAM, ISAM, Ultra, DBMS, Enterprise, Oracle, Access,
- SQL Server
Quality Assurance Analyst - Consultant
- Project Planning for Quality Assurance testing of the Data-Miner and V-Share products developed by CSI International.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain software test cases and test plans to evaluate software functionality, performance and defects.
- Define and create test scripts and ensure complete testing of applications.
- Plan and deliver testing by performing requirements analysis, analyzing requirements thoroughly for testability, writing test plans, preparing test data, defining test cases and developing test scripts.
- Report and track defects by providing reproducible defect reports and work with other team members to document and close issues.
- Working with Technical Writer to ensure Application documentation is correct for the software.
- Leading other team members that are new to the QA process and offsite development members for application development and testing process..
- Hardware/Software: IBM Mainframe z/OS, JCL, Procs, DB2, IMS DB, Data-Miner, File Marvel, SPUFI, File Manager, Easytrieve, VSHARE, MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, TSO, ISPF.
Computer Operator - Consultant
- IT Support logging tickets into Remedy, tracking and resolutions of problems.
- Tracking and resolving IBM Mainframe jobs on Z/OS with JobTracs as the Batch Job Scheduler.
- Tracking and resolving Unix jobs against an Oracle DB with AppWorx as the Batch Job Scheduler.
- Monitor all Servers Routers in State of Ohio for BWC using SNMPc.
- Hardware/Software: IBM Mainframe Z/OS, TSO, Unix, Remedy, JobTracs, AppWorx, Spufi, MS Word, Excel, Visio, Clarity, SNMPc
Sr. Systems Analyst - Consultant
- Requirements Definition, Application Development, System Testing, Technical and User documents, Application installation and Training.
- NWSC Entry System was to store track all member information belonging to the organization. Track payments for dues reporting of financial data for tax purposes of all Accounts Receivables.
- Generation of documents that could be emailed or printed to the members.
- Hardware/Software: Windows 7 OS, MS Project 2010, Access 2010 and Word 2010
Application Developer - Consultant
- Documerge Application Programming and Support for the Reporting and Data Services. Software setup and support for the IIG Compliance Team. Development and implementation of forms utilizing Documerge for Confirmations, Statements and eDelivery. Quality Assurance testing in the various testing regions to ensure modified software meet the business requirements. This included unit, functional, integration, regression and system testing.
- Analysis, design, implementation and support of Alpha environment, which is used for QA testing.
- Define Batch job flow using CA-7. Maestro and ESP scheduling products. CA-7 to ESP conversion.
- Analysis design of program modifications to support new products for Individual Investment Group IIG .
- Implementation of software enhancements to control output printing by routing to SAR instead of hard copy printing of letters and reports. Reduction in the amount of paper wasted by turning on/off print control in Alpha and Beta regions that generated cost savings to the department.
- Hardware/Software: IBM Mainframe z/OS, JCL, Procs, Cobol, SAR, Changeman, File-Aid, MS Office Suite, TSO, ISPF, CA7, ESP, Mercury Quality Center. Unix Maestro, XConman, XComposer
- During my career as a consultant, I have performed many roles and duties for various Fortune 100 clients. My duties and clients are as follows:
- Project Planning, creating executing Test scripts for Quality Assurance testing. Performed Unit, Integration, GUI, Functional, System, and Regression testing.
- Member of project team for the enhancement of the Medicare System.
- Participated in Business Analysis, Requirement Analysis and Data Analysis within Telecom industry.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain software and test plans to evaluate software functionality, performance and defects.