Summary of Qualifications
- Over 20 years experience with entire SDLC, including agile, waterfall and extreme programming.
- Starting alone, built a QA Team of 6 engineers.
- Natural progression from developer, t tester, t QA analyst, finally t business analyst, developing a skill set within every area of the development process.
- Strong focus on QA and process improvement including testing techniques such as exploratory, black box and white box.
- Exposure t several industries including financial, insurance and manufacturing.
- Strong focus on financial software including but not limited t collateral management, retirement planning and fixed income.
- Accomplished developer and tester of both applications and databases.
- Exposure t client-server, web and mainframe development.
- Experience leading and guiding junior level team members.
- Worked closely with subject matter experts with ability t quickly learn new domains.
- 2003 CPI and CPS certified in Mercury Test Suite WinRunner TestDirector LoadRunner.
- Bug and story tracking in both Jira and Pivotal.
- Gather and Review of all product requirements ensuring completeness within the documentation and consistency within the existing product.
- Prepare the product level acceptance criteria and testing criteria for each agile story and communicating details t the development team and the testing team.
- Review of all tester written test scripts and test cases.
- Manage both issues and stories in both Jira and Pivotal.
- Pair with developers during their test driven development phases.
- Provide feedback t senior management on release and iteration status.
- Work directly with clients t investigate and resolve issues and identify new requirements.
- Assist pre-sales team in creation of RFPs.
- Provide internal training for the support and sales teams.
- Review, provide feedback and edits on all help documentation.
- Full involvement as quality assurance lead within each agile development process iteration for the Algorithmic/IBM collateral management application and reconciliation tool.
- Test user stories using agile methods including exploratory testing, test driven development, FIT test development, integration testing and performance testing.
- Sole tester providing all testing needs, eventually hiring and leading 5additional full time testers.
- Supervise development of Selenium and Cucumber tests for a new web based messaging application.
- Perform regression testing and defect resolution testing on all releases within the market.
- Player in defining and prioritizing all minimal marketable features and user stories, as well as real domain examples and test scenarios.
- Testing of application against Oracle 11g, and SQL Server databases.
- Test and review data directly in databases using SQL.
- Help business define UI standards and design new feature screen wireframes.
- Revolutionized the retrospective process and meetings changing the format, flow and focus. Positive results impact was such a success that it was adopted by other teams.
- Responsible for full business process testing of retirement applications, including complex retirement calculations, account variants, GUI and client monthly and quarterly reports.
- Duties included activities such as:
- Defining business scenarios, use cases and test cases
- Creating manual test plans and test scripts for new development and regression testing.
- Coordinating lab/testing facilities.
- Defect tracking and reporting through Rational Clear Quest and Excel.
- Developing excel based automated tools and social security calculators t aide in expected results, manual test script creation and defect reporting.
Test scenari data definition and creation.
- Through the Mercury tool set WinRunner, QTP, TestDirector and LoadRunner , performed quality assurance activities such as manual testing, automated testing, load testing, QA assessment, and proof of concept at various client sites.
- Conducted client training on WinRunner, TestDirector and LoadRunner.
- Assisted clients with business analysis, requirements gathering, test plans, and use case documentation, leading t designing and implementing solutions int Mercury TestDirector.
- Team member creating a functional automated and manual testing methodology, assessment and overall quality assurance process t be used at all appropriate clients.
Clients include: John Deere, Verizon, BankOne, GE Medical and Progessive Insurance
- Created GUI applications using Excel VBA and C/C t view, edit, and log changes made by automated code and researchers t domestic and international equity price databases.
- Coded QA database sweeps in C /Perl using complex statistical calculations on daily market transactions and trends analysis, t report data anomalies.
- Constructed new internal databases and provided C/C and Perl based utilities for population.
- Responsible for entire testing environment, including setup, documentation, and configuration for all test scripts, test plans and testing activities on Factset's financial research software.
- Reviewed, evaluated and selected automated tools from Compuware, Mercury, Segue and Rational.
- Designed, developed, documented and bug tracked all manual and automated tests via Compuware's QA Run.
- Tested software in a client-server environment with new releases every 3 t 4 days. Automated and manual tests include black box, white box, unit, performance and regression.
- Collected performance metrics and regression analysis on both software and hardware.