- Evolved and exceptionally talented Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst wielding a powerful arsenal of technology, methodology and experience in software testing, estimating work effort, and testing timelines and schedules. Delivers the confidence and results required to successfully lead complex testing projects under sensitive, time-critical restraints. Champions forward thinking solutions by combining resources, people and a broad-ranging background to deliver the outstanding results today's enterprise leaders expect.
- Cutting-edge QA testing methodologies and technology.
- Expertly estimating work effort and planning test schedules.
- More than 10 years top-performance Quality Assurance Software manual and automated testing within UNIX and Windows based applications.
- Operating Systems: UNIX HP-UX, Solaris, AIX Linux Windows NT 2000 XP Vista Windows 7
- Applications: Quick Test Pro QTP Quality Center TestDirector Winrunner LoadRuner SharePoint Remedy PeopleSoft 8.8 Lotus Notes VISIO BEA WebLogic
- Languages: XML Java J2EE C C HTML SQL SQL Plus
- RDMS: Oracle 9i DB2 Access
- Networking: TCP/IP Telnet FTP
- 15 years of professional experience in QA/Software Manual and Automated Testing under both Windows and UNIX based applications. Extensive knowledge and experience in performing complex functional, progression, regression, integration, performance and system testing on different environments JAVA, J2EE, C , HTML, EJB, XML, BEA WebLogic, Oracle on HP-UX 11, AIX 5, Windows 2000/NT and XP.
- Lead teams in meeting test objectives. Blazing trails in determining test methodologies for leading edge technologies. Establish practical QA processes and test strategies. Write test plans, test specifications, and test designs. Write thousands of test cases black box and white box . Find, log, and track bugs. Work closely with development managers to drive iterative software process improvement on software projects, from concept through delivery.
Quality Assurance Test Lead
Environment: Windows XP/2K, XML , JSP , Oracle , SQL 7.0 , Java 2.0, Open L , Mercury Quality Center 11.0, QTP 11.0, AS/400, MS Office suite, Agile Methodology
- Analyze the project requirements and identify the functional and technical dependencies and translate them into test plan and test cases.
- Develop detailed Testing Strategy for the application for Homeowners insurance lines and developed various test cases in Quality Center 11.0 test plan module and executed the test scripts in test lab.
- Work with actuarial team for validating the rating algorithms for Homeowners quotes and compared the results with rating manuals.
- Create and execute test cases for various scenarios, and participate actively in system, integration, Unit, performance and regression testing for every new build released.
- Extensively perform manual testing, requirements verification testing, recovery, functional and user acceptance testing UAT on the web-based application.
- Perform Web Functionality testing such as links, forms, HTML syntax error and database testing Web Usability testing such as navigation, contents, user help links Interface testing such as web server and application server testing.
- Test web application on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari with different versions for browser platform.
- Performed extensive backend testing using SQL Queries to retrieve the data from the database and checked data integrity.
- Validate AIG brokers Single Sign-On authentication for web applications.
- Planning and Coordinating projects and builds into QA and production.
- Convert manual test cases to automated test scripts using QTP.
- Parameterize VB scripts in QTP to run the scripts for multiple sets of data.
- Run automated Regression script and analyze test reports.
- Validate User Stories per build to test new implemented functionality.
- Interact with various members of the QA team to discuss and resolve defects and its priorities.
- Work with business users when performing the User Acceptance testing UAT testing for each release.
- Participate in weekly QA Lead progress status meetings to report bugs, issues and risks.
- Work in an Agile environment with team.
Quality Assurance Test Lead
Environment: Java, J2EE, XML, DB2, Oracle 9i, WebLogic, WebSphere, Agile, Windows XP
- Estimate work effort, timeline, test schedule and resource for each release.
- Attend project walkthrough and technical design document review with development team and Co-ordinate onshore and offshore test team and prepare test strategies/plans.
- Write Test Plan and Test Scenarios for each release and execute test cases from Quality Center.
- Gather and develop all necessary test data as outlined in the Test Plan.
- Write SQL queries to validate back-end results. Use Advance Query Tool to write SQL queries.
- Communicate with offshore team verify defects in HP Quality Center QC before it is assigned to development team. Clarify testing issues and questions.
- Perform Functional, Integration, Regression, Positive and Negative testing for each release.
- Run automated Regression Test Scripts using Quick Test Pro QTP Tool to verify no other previously working functions have failed as a result of the reparations and that newly added feature.
- Write performance scripts for Flex application and conduct performance test on Flex content management system on multiple browsers using QTP automation tool.
- Create GUI Checklist such as screen validation, standard actions, and compliance and standard to test each window in the application.
- Fix QTP regression scripts which are failing due to application environments, data sets and business processes.
- Work closely with business team to perform User Acceptance Test UAT and provide necessary test data and guidance to complete UAT testing.
- Fully document and replicate defects for developers, helping them fix defects faster and meet production deadlines.
- Document, tracks, and communicates test results, analysis, and unresolved problems.
- Provide test status and reports to management. Provide system testing sign-off for SOX compliance and create test report for future analysis.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Environment: Java, C , EJB, Servlet, MQ-Series, XML, JDBC, Oracle 9i, TOAD 6.3, WebLogic, Windows XP, SUN Solaris
- Evaluate Process and Document for IT systems and controls prior to testing.
- Implement and promote QA processes and methodologies.
- Conduct IT control tests in Window and UNIX environments and document test control plans for their relevant domains Change Management, Access Control, and Logging and Monitoring and applications.
- Participate in many walkthrough sessions with the application owners to validate and review current processes in place.
- Test each control to verify application owners followed SOX procedures and processes for change management controls.
- Test sufficient evidence exists to conclude that the control is operating effectively. All attributes listed in the test plan are present.
- Creates all necessary test data as outlined in the Test Plan. Documents, tracks, and communicates test results, analysis, and unresolved problems.
- Execute technical and general IT controls and identify internal control weaknesses.
- Support the test lead of all change management teams in documenting and reporting application test results
- Volunteer and compiled knowledge materials for future reference in SOX IT testing.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
- Provided functional support with Go-Live issues that came out after the Implementation Process. Examined business processes to understand what the system provides today to establish a baseline for process improvement
- Gathered requirement from the business owners along with the functional people and discussed the gaps between the delivered and the existing processes. The financial company was upgrading people soft financial from 7.5 to 8.8.
- Scheduled the technical team meetings and resolved various technical issues encountered by the team members.
- Designed and developed around 100 functional requirements for General Ledger based on fit gap analysis and chart field changes.
- Search, match and identify duplicate customer records based on key customer attributes by using Siebel Data Quality.
- Created test scripts TestDirector and test scenarios for functional testing and customizations testing. For Reports Running converted reports. For Journals Create non cash journal and create cash journal and validate journal and submit journals for work flow and Journal upload and clear suspense journal. Run allocation and create basic allocation and test reconciliation outputs and online post/unpost. Created test scripts for create/close combos and chartfields. Created test scripts for customizations.
- Tested new versions of GUI with WinRunner and LoadRunner tools and update the GUI Test plan.
- Worked on Converted GL data testing for 2004 balances and 2005 transactions and 2006 transactions.
- Worked on End to End testing to verify proper interaction and execution of functions between integrated systems in production like environment and to verify current state to future state functionality using production data and production volumes as input.
- Worked on End to End testing for suspense processing and reporting and batch recycle processing and reconciliation processing. Test created for shareplex of data and also mock month-end close functionality testing.
- Designed and developed Peoplesoft 8.8 security matrix for users. People soft 8.8 security provide a transparent experience for the users which allows for same level of security that exists in 7.5 applications.
- Senior Quality Assurance Analyst Confidential
- Environment: J2EE, RUP, WebLogic, Servlet, JDBC, Oracle
- Systems specifications analysis, testing methodology and test plan formulation.
- Build Test Requirements hierarchy to maximize verification coverage and Establish Test Cycle and Test execution schedule.
- Allocate test resources and test data for system, performance, and volume testing.
- Verify that the QA Entrance Criteria is met and that all required documentations are delivered to QA prior to the commencing of testing.
- Developing test cases in Test Director corresponding to the test requirements in order to maximize verification coverage of system variable. The test cases validate source tables.
- Perform the Database Testing when writing the complex Queries from SQL and execute database Test cases according to release.
- Write SQL queries to insert and update test data into tables and data inspection in the tables.
- Track and log all the test defects in the Test Director. Assign defects to associate developers to fix.
- Attend daily status meeting with team leads and project manager to discuss the defects and other testing issue.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Environment: C , Java, XML, UNIX, Weblogic, Integratory, JRules, MQ, Windows NT and others.
- Lead role in performing complex functional, application, progression, regression, integration and performance tests Performed Web and GUI testing.
- Wrote detailed Test Plan for each release and review the Test plan with Developers and Analysts to see any discrepancies in the Test plan. Test Plan included detailed descriptions of Application Overview, Test Strategy, Test Environment, Test Approach, Test Procedures and Artifacts.
- Build Test case scenarios to test all requirements according to Test plan. Test case scenarios included normal and provocative business scenarios to verify system accuracy. Test cases scenarios were developed in UNIX Environment and executed in HP-UX and Solaris.
- Run jobs and processes using UNIX shell scripts and write other UNIX Shell Scripts to call procedures and test business requirement.
- Involved deploying the application in UNIX Environment and trouble shoot the issues in UNIX box when testing the application.
- Wrote Modification Request MR for failed test cases and re-run the failed test cases after the bug of the software is fixed based on the Modification Request.
- Performed integration testing of various modules of the application as well as the boundary testing of the application with the Application Interfacing API .
- Run Regression test to make sure if the Baseline is operational and functional.
- Tested new versions of GUI with WinRunner and LoadRunner tools and updated the GUI Test plan OS2 and NT versions . New versions of GUI included various features such as new windows and functionality's which allowed users to perform task more efficiently.
- Ran performance testing using LoadRunner to determine how fast some aspect of a system performs under a particular workload. Recorded as a series of scripts to emulate different types of user interaction.
- Communicated with Client regarding test procedures, data issues and MR related matters. Active participation during Product Specification Document PSD walkthrough, daily status report calls and other Business related discussions.
- Maintained and updated defect-tracking system TestDirector . Verified all open issues are resolved and closed in timely manner.