- Enterprise IT/Technical Project Leader. Project architect, leader, and integrator, troubleshooter. Expert in all facets of the SDLC process having been a programmer, development manager, project manager and PM lead. Software and Infrastructure background. Experience using Agile, Iterative and Waterfall methodologies.
- Broad professional perspective, based on use of wide-ranging skills, including: Stakeholder engagement Building consensus Conflict management Building cohesive teams Process/product innovation Strategic communications Scope, change, risk management Performance reporting Critical path Vendor relations Onshore/offshore resource management Managing across time-zones CMMI, ITIL
- Recipient of Leadership in Excellence Award for Outstanding Contribution.
- Office Tools: MS Office, MS Project, SharePoint, SalesForce
- Process/Methodology: SDLC, Agile, Iterative, Waterfall, Business Process Modeling.
- Verizon IT- Governance PM Network Systems Silver Spring, MD Jul 2012 Jul 2014
- Team Lead
- Served as operational team leader for major enterprise projects. Directed oversight of in-flight software releases impacting Network Systems optimized processes, cutting times for VOIP/Ethernet, Flow Through, Verizon Rapid Delivery and system consolidation.
Metrics Process Improvement:
- Designed query t generate metrics data t improve on-time commit percentages.
- Raised on-time commit percentage from 56 t 80 within 12 months.
- Met 99 metric for on-time production delivery for VZ Network Systems.
Reduce Interval Times:
- Reduced End t End Ethernet Interval from 16 days t 9 days.
- Reduced End t End VOIP interval by 5 days
Decommission 49 applications while consolidating systems.
- Increased External Price Quotes from 43 t 60 .
- Increase Transaction Flow Through Rate:
- Increased Local and Access transaction flow through rate t 95 .
- Created and maintained SharePoint site for Public view which housed critical artifacts.
- Coordinated with top management and project teams on program and project health.
- Facilitated weekly Jeopardy Review calls for risk mitigation planning.
- Collected and created Jeopardy Review deck for V.P. level publication.
- Produced weekly Executive Summary on Release Health status.
- Assessed new projects for valid Benefits/ROI t ensure IT and business alignment.
- Forecast/track resource capacity versus demand and estimated versus actuals.
Front Door PM Manager
- Across multiple media windows
- Delivery of all formats of IP vide content
- Vide transformation services
- These revenues were drawn from an automated premium vide distribution and delivery platform, supporting:
- This new program delivered 65M in revenue in 1st quarter, 2012.
- Introduced and implemented project in line with business and IT strategy and roadmaps, with on-going top-tier leadership reviews.
- Developed and directed the enterprise Front Door process for the new Verizon Digital Media Services program. Senior liaison between client and Verizon IT for integration of new projects in VDMS platform.
- Utilized Cloud services
- Negotiated priorities with the client organizations
- Facilitated turnover by the Development team t QA Test team with release notes sign-off process.
- Established communication processes internally and with the client organization.
- This enabled a clearly defined transition and more efficient test cycle.
- Developed a standard format for Business Requirements Documents, used for Sponsors' submission t IT.
- Defined formal entrance criteria t evaluate business benefits and relative priority.
- Designed and maintained a Dashboard and Roadmap on SharePoint used extensively by upper management t track project deliverables.
- Created a customized Release Milestone chart used by software development teams and Execs and housed on SharePoint.
- Represented VDMS IT on weekly business customer review calls t determine if project was ready for IT submission.
IT Project Manager
- Oversaw the planning, operation and close-out of complex projects for Verizon Wholesale Local Access initiatives including infrastructure upgrades and software implementations across the footprint.
- Extensive use of MS-Project as a primary managerial and tracking tool across the complete lifecycles of multiple projects.
- Won Team Player Award nominated by peer Manager.
- Managed multiple projects simultaneously with a five million dollar budget and a Return on Investment of 125 million that impacted up t 40 applications.
- Spearheaded launch of new product employing MS Project for implementation of National Private IP.
- Development in Agile and Scrum methodology.
- Utilized Web Services and Cloud technology.
- Included Infrastructure work t build new DEV/Test environment.
- Delivered 95 of numerous IT projects in complete accordance with stated timeline.
- Managed projects and coordinated schedules with international clients IT based in:
- Developed proactive risk mitigation plans in order t keep project implementation on schedule.
- Facilitated multiple business requirements reviews JADs and sign-off.
- Facilitated ad-hoc calls t resolve urgent design, test or requirements issues.
- Provided timely, concise Executive Management updates.
Application Development Manager
- Application Manager responsible for leading a team of 6-8 developers supporting ongoing enhancements and maintenance of NYPS National Yellow Page System batch cycle and online systems.
- Managed DE budget of 60M from inception t completion Business case planning, benefit analysis, revenue forecasting
- Negotiated release contents based on business priorities with internal client team.
- Assigned tasks t programmers and monitored status of deliverables.
- Wrote and administered mid-year and year end employee evaluations.
IT Project Manager
- Utilizing MS Project, managed the automation of the National Yellow Pages systems in former Bell Atlantic, former NYNEX and former GTE regions including new batch cycle and real-time system updates.
- Reduced headcount by 75 in regional Customer Care Centers.
- Attained ROI of 250 million over 5 years.
- Project required legacy data migration, data mapping, new desktops, new servers, staff training and vendor management, leading a team of 40-50 people.
- Facilitated Stakeholder sign-off of Project Plan and Scope Baseline.
- Presented Project Overview at client kick-off meeting.
- Facilitated hardware/infrastructure procurement requirements sessions with stakeholders.
- Managed regional deployment of new desktops for NYPS Customer Care Reps.
- Tracked budget actuals EVM t keep project costs in line with estimate.
- Successfully implemented all regions on time and within budget.
- Programmer for Directory Services, Service Order platform. System processed 2000-3000 customer service orders per nightly batch cycle for Mid-Atlantic region.
- Won 'Zer Defects' Quality Assurance award. Languages COBOL, C