Summary Of Qualifications:
I've worked as an MS Access Database Visual Basic Application VBA Programmer and a IT Quality Assurance Analyst for several companies. As a VBA developer, have extensive experience in analysis, design, development, reporting, testing, and debugging of business applications using MS Access and Excel 2003/2007/2010. I've also been involved in detailed and thorough testing of IT software applications using HP Mercury Quality Center testing suite. I've had some programming experience using Active Server Pages ASP with MS Access as its backend database. have a passion for developing software applications and learning and utilizing new IT technologies.
am working part-time as an MS Access / VBA developer for an non-profit organization called Consortium for Ocean Leadership. My job has been to take an existing MS Access 2007 database shell that only contains data and to create a user input interface that will allow users to input their data into user friendly forms rather than using the tables themselves. Also, report interface forms with reports and administrative functions will be also added to the database. I've been using VBA code, procedures and functions to build much of the database's functionality. This database will be split into two pieces Front-End Back-End to help database performance.
- was working as an MS Access / VBA developer for the ExxonMobil corporation. They asked me to evaluate several of their 2010 MS Access production databases and to determine what issues were contributing to their databases' poor performance. The databases were located on ExxonMobil's WAN shared file servers from throughout the world and many queries, forms and reports were taking too long to display their results. In fact, many of queries were taking up to 90 minutes to complete. was successfully able to reduce the queries performances times from 90 minutes down to 10 seconds. Issues of non-indexed fields, poor query design and the using of their front-end database on the network file server rather than on individual workstations were the causes for the poor performance.
- created a new MS Access databases that would keep track of the adjusted number and percentage of barrels of synthetic oil actually produced from ExxonMobil locations around the world versus the forecasted number of barrels produced. This database is now being used in 20 different ExxonMobil locations around the world.
- added sorting capability to over 50 reports to another ExxonMobil database using new VBA code, forms and queries. This allowed users the ability to sort any column of data in their reports in either ascending or descending order.
worked as an MS Access / VBA developer. My job was to re-engineer a current error prone Grant Management Tracking System database developed in MS Access 2007 for HUD. was asked to analyze the database and identify areas where bugs could be found. From my analysis and debugging, was to recommend to HUD whether the database can be fixed/modified for client use or to develop a completely new system. made major modifications to the database's user interface forms and corrected data integrity issues. The MS Access database was connected to MS SharePoint 2007. Heavy VBA programming was used in all form modules for this application. also worked on creating another MS Access 2007 application used for creating OLAP reports, dashboards and pivot tables for HUD. This database was designed with the intent and purpose of being migrated and upsized to a SQL Server 2005 database within one year.
worked as an MS Access / VBA developer. My job was to create client requested functionality of an existing Access 2007 database which tracks several government grant programs for affordable housing activities for Native American Indians. The database contained over 600 tables, 150 queries, 120 forms and 50 reports that were used for six different regions in the United States. VBA programming was used extensive throughout this application. Excel programming and reporting was also one of my responsibilities as client managers requested the use of spreadsheets for analysis of grant information in report layouts.
worked as an Sr. MS Access / VBA developer for the DEA. It was my job to develop several new MS Access 2007 databases for clients throughout the agency. Requirements gathering, understanding business requirements, interacting with clients, creating forms, queries, reports, the writing VBA code, documenting the process and deploying the applications to clients was a daily routine. was also in charge of maintaining over 15 other existing MS Access databases with requests that ranged from creating major user interface enhancements to changing the database architectural design to generating new SQL queries and creating new reports. The training of users for these applications was also part of my job.
worked as an MS Access database developer to create a tracking database for the Marriott corporation to capture and track the inventory of all the PC software and hardware for each of the Marriott hotels and resorts in the United States. Five to ten users at any one time were to use this database for inputting data, running queries and running statistical analysis for reporting purposes. The database required quick development and fast turn around for client use. Much time was given to developing user friendly interfaces for users that wanted something easy to use, but still gave them much needed analytical statistics for evaluating their inventory.
- worked as an Sr. IT Specialist and Access Database Programmer for Alon Inc. worked with Immigrations and Custom Enforcement ICE under the Department of Homeland Security. developed several Microsoft Access 2003 databases that tracked specific information about a program initiated by ICE called the 287 g program. also prepared to migrate another MS Access within ICE to an enterprise MS SQL Server database. Some of my duties at Alon included:
- Developed several Access databases from several Excel spreadsheets and created
- an intuitive user interface that was being used by 15 to 20 people.
- Responsible for creating newly requested functionality for each of the databases.
- Developed customized reports to support client requests.
- Migrated the data from an existing MS Access database into an enterprise edition
- of SQL Server 2005.
- worked as a Access Database Programmer. maintained and enhanced several Microsoft Access 2003 databases that pertained to the marketing aspect of AARP. worked with large amounts of data supplied in Excel spreadsheets and MS Word documents to import them into these databases. Some of my duties included:
- Automated several manual data processes of collection of data to several MS
- Access databases by the use of VBA MS Access forms and SQL inserts, updates
- and queries to make the databases more efficient and protected by data integrity.
- This process required careful analysis of the data to identify duplicates, data errors
- and other changes that needed to be addressed in order to successfully import the
- data into Access.
- The position required analysis, coordination and data management skills to assist in
- the requirements and implementation of a new reporting infrastructure.
- Responsible for database reporting development to support customer requested
- custom reports.
- worked as a Access Database Programmer/DBA for Chevo Consulting, LLC. developed, maintained and enhanced a Microsoft Access 2007 Budget and Reconciliation database for the IRS. This database tracked the issuance status of Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 HSPD-12 ID cards for the 11 Treasury Bureaus to support OMB mandated goals for the project. Some of my duties included:
- Developed an Access database with a user interface that did a daily data import of
- over 100,00 records from GSA in an Excel format. This process required careful
- analysis of the data to identify duplicates, data errors and other changes that
- needed to be addressed in order to successfully import the data into Access.
- Designed, developed and produced numerous daily, weekly, and monthly activity
- reports that provided management with critical information about progress across
- the department of Treasury in meeting goals for Card ID issuance.
- Responsible for database design and modifications and report development to
- support new customer required functionality.
- worked as a Database Programmer at DB Consulting Group and worked on several existing Access databases. also developed several web sites for some of these databases in support of an on-line registration process. Some of my other duties included:
- Provided Access Database support for a National Institute on Drug Abuse NIDA database application.
- Provided Website and database development for a National Cancer Institute NC new website and backend database application.
- Provided support for the maintenance and/or development of HUD's Special Needs Assistance Programs SNAPS database application.
- Provided database development and support for a new Health Resources and Service Administration HRSA database application.
- Learned new Access tools that aided in the administration and distribution of front-end Access databases to clients.
- Created documentation on how those databases worked.