- Significant experience working as a Business System Analyst, Quality Assurance Analyst and accountant. Currently looking for an opportunity where I can leverage my overall IT SDLC process knowledge, analytical skill and project management to successfully deliver projects.
- Ability to deliver capabilities by maintaining an integrated view of business intent across IT systems and operations throughout Requirements, Design, Testing, Implementation, and Post-implementation phases.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills. Closely worked with cross-functional teams on projects consisting of IT, operations, business, 3rd party vendors, and offsite teams tying them together to deliver results.
- Extensive experience working with vendor applications such as Oracle, JD Edwards ERPs and HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Experience working in Agile Waterfall delivery as part of a SDLC process.
- Knowledge and experience working in Enterprise Resource Planning ERP development, finance, construction/manufacturing and telecommunications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with a proven track record of delivering in a fast pace environment without compromising quality.
- Take full accountability and ownership of deliverables while ensuring that business needs and project timelines are met.
- Able to lead support multiple projects simultaneously while managing shifting prioritization requirements.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Executed test scripts for an enhanced client's customer/vendor experience website having multiple portals, testing in multiple web browse applications the ability to check balances, make payments, request resources and run reports.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Created test plans and create and execute test cases to perform functional and regression testing of Oracle General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Procure to Pay, Purchasing, PeopleSoft HR module, Wall Street Treasury Work Station, Lotus Notes, company intranet website, data capturing and in-house developed applications, such as an agent settlement system, from documented requirements to ensure applications meet business needs.
- Tested Oracle Service Requests changes and PeopleSoft updates. Testing also included the validation of 3rd party vendor integration in PeopleSoft HR module.
- Lead software tester for projects. Managed testers covering multiple applications through migration into Production. Created project test plan, conducted status update and defect triage meetings. Assisted in Project Risk Analysis meetings with business and project management to determine the most important test characteristics among predetermined testing goals to then determine what test scripts to utilize.
- Assisted with migration of Oracle 11i to 12 testing customizations and validated data. Created defect reports for triage meetings and then test result documentation for release management. Utilized UPK tool as part of migration process.
- Worked directly with Developers and/or Business to get clear up/test any requirement issues.
- Assisted in the evaluation and modifications of the company's Software Development Life Cycles SDLC policies and procedures for improvements, where applicable.
- Utilized Mercury Load Runner in testing company intranet website for performance verification.
- Administrator for Mercury Quality Center. Implemented application in core testing group to track requirements and test cases/scripts.
- Rewarded with multiple service awards/recognitions.
- Created and executed functional and regression test cases based on gathered requirements for new applications, enhancements and fixes to the of JD Edwards World Financial and Manufacturing Management systems, payroll system, financial forecasting software, SOX, web applications and other critical supported software with manual and automated test scripts. Testing included executing batch work. Created test result results documentation for release to UAT testing.
- Modified and tested customizations to base JD Edwards application.
- Testing included executing test cases through batch control process in the IBM AS/400.
- Understand JD Edwards table structure and effectively configured and tested changes to Automatic Accounting Instructions and User Defined Codes.
- Assisted Configuration Management group with versioning control staging/promoting code changes from Development to QA and then to Production.
- Utilized Mercury Quick Test Pro along with VBScript to create advanced scripting to automate testing and SQL to validate results are correct based on changes to code being tested.
- Confidential Business Analyst Contractor
- Analyzed processes for defining accounting functions and created requirement documentation for new application based on business interviews, creating use cases/stories.
- Assisted designing and writing test cases for report requirements.
Software Test Engineer II
- Created test plans/cases and executed test cases for functional qualification of cable system software applications, using white and black box testing methods, and hardware in a manual environment and in an automated environment utilizing SILK Test. Testing not only included the use of functional black-box testing but also white-box testing through SQL in Oracle 10g verifying correct data was created/modified during execution of test cases. Performed regression tests for all applications. Assisted management with deployment of releases into Production through detailed results/instructions created in Test Release Notes. De-bugged program coding when issues were detected.
- Worked directly with end users to understand and then test requirements.
- Established and provided ongoing outside vendor support for two content-to-cable system servers. Assisted other teams and the company's acceptance testing group with testing when management requested assistance in order to meet production deadlines. All of these tasks were accomplished in addition to regular assigned workload and management recognized this contribution to our testing efforts with an award.
- Assisted management in creating/maintaining lab configurations for test servers and in training new members to the QA group.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Developed and executed test cases based on business requirements for Fixed Assets, Job Cost, General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable modules for both World and One World xe financial software in both a manual and automated test environment. These test cases were based on release requirements for environments of IBM AS/400, NT, HP9000 and Sun and on the Web working with both HTML and Java. Included with testing in the AS/400 was the processing of batch jobs.
- Worked directly with business development to understand and then test requirements.
- Understand JDE table structure and effectively configured and tested changes to Automatic Accounting Instructions and User Defined Codes and tested report writer application.
- Represented the Financial group in being the lead Financial QA Analyst testing the Euro conversion product. This work was in addition to regular assigned workload.
- Assisted management weekly by compiling information on outstanding testing issues with the financial software applications and reporting the compilation of information back to management for their weekly issue status meetings.
- Processed all accounts receivable and payable transactions of the company.
- Assisted management with the completion of weekly cash reports detailing how the company was situated with available cash, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Tracked the addition and deprecation of fixed assets utilizing SQL to extract data for daily/monthly transactions.
- Assisted with the migration from a legacy accounting system to a new SQL-based accounting system, SmartStream.
- Assisted management by being a liaison between the Fixed Asset group and Engineering who was building a 600-mile pipeline. This benefited the Fixed Asset group in tracking and capitalizing the cost of the asset while in a construction state.
- Processed loan payments on accounts from insolvent Saving Loan institutions.
- Audited the records of these accounts to reconcile any differences that might have existed between two official sets of ledgers. This helped account for differences into the 100,000 range on multiple accounts.
- Analyzed the preparation and sale of these accounts to ensure all monies were properly accounted for.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne xe Financial, JD Edwards World Financial and Manufacturing modules, Oracle 11i/12 Financial and Procurement, PeopleSoft HR 9, Financial Analysis Spreadsheet Tool and Report Writer FASTR , Lotus Notes, Hewlett Packard Service Desk, Oracle db10g, SQL, HTML, Java, XML, Access, TOAD, Unix, Linux operating system, IBM AS/400, Mercury Quality Center 9.2 and QuickTest Pro 9.1, SILK Test, File Transfer Protocol FTP , StarTeam version and configurement management application, Cruise Control continuous build integration application, Kronos, SharePoint, Track-It, Clarify, Wall Street Treasury Work Station and Mercury Load Runner. Have trained in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.95 and 9.1 Financials, Hyperion 9.3, SoupUI, Selenium IDE, VBScript, Unix, Advanced Unix, SQL Programming, C programming, VB .NET and PL/SQL. Have worked with Rational TestManager, Rational ManualTest, Rational ClearQuest, MS Windows 2000, Visio, Excel, Word, Power Point, Borland's CaliberRM and DefineIT applications.