- Over Six years of IT experience with focus on Software Quality Assurance, Business and Data Analysis on business application systems for Pharmaceutical, Banking, Telecom, and Insurance industries.
- Expert in analyzing requirements, preparing test estimates, creation of test procedures, test data and test cases that cover the best scenarios.
- Real time exposure to all areas ofSoftware Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from Business Analysis to Development, Testing, Deployment and Documentation.
- Used various QA Methodologies and QA Validations to ensure effective Quality Control.
- Solid Hands on experience in utilizing Black Box testingmethodologies.
- Wrote User Acceptance Test (UAT) Plans and User Acceptance Test (UAT) Cases.
- Performed Database, Functional, Integration, System, Regression, User Acceptance, Load testing and Black Box testing.
- Extensive experience in using automated tools like QTP, Quality Center for Client/Server, Web and Database Applications.
- Proficient in Querying and testing RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server Using SQL, PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Expert in Analysis of Problem Severity, Defect Tracking system and Defects Reporting system.
- Actively participated in Bugs Triage meetings, Team meetings and Process Improvement meetings and Reported Periodic Status of the project to the Project Manager and the Client.
- Interacted efficiently and effectively with Development team and Business Team.
- Possess strong communication and writing skills, excellent analytical and logical skills and able to work under pressure as a team or as an individual
- Analyzed test plan and developed test cases based on technical specifications and business requirements.
- Performed manual testing and data integrity/back end testing by executing SQL statements
- Interfaced with developers in resolving the defects investigated in the application during testing. Performed regression testing after the bug fixes.
- Involved in code migration process, which is a process of migrating code to appropriate servers after the code is changed for enhancement or bug fix.
- Involved in updating the change log. Change Log is an Excel spreadsheet used for entering the changes done to the data mart applications.
- Analyzed BRD's, system specifications, design documents to formulate Test Plans and Test Cases for manual testing.
- Participated in the Application Document Review meetings to understand the functionality of the application.
- Closely interacted with designers and software developers to understand application internal features, error messages and log file analysis.
- Tested all the new and updated webpages checking for layout discrepancies, navigational flow and script errors.
- Verified WebPages for input data field type and format adherence.
- Verified access restrictions to restricted portions/webpages of the portal, based on user groups permissions. Eg: Sales and marketing pages are accessible to all sales users but the policy details modification are available to only users in underwriting role.
- GUI testing and navigation testing was also carried out on the sub-modules.
- Developed Base line scripts for testing the future releases of the application using Quick Test Pro (QTP). The QTP scripts handled checkpoints, Data Driven Test for different data inputs, Created synchronization points to synchronize the test script to the application speed and calculations for reusable VBS functions.
- Regression tested using QTP on new builds submitted to QA to ensure existing working features are not broke. This reduced the regression cycle drastically and improved the testing efforts for daily builds.
- Performed database testing using SQL queries
- Actively Participated in QA meetings to provide status of test plan execution, defect summary based on severity and priority.
- Used Mercury TestDirector for managing the overall testing effort to define and store information about test documents, requirements, scripts, schedules and sessions.
- Tracked all bugs and severities with log snippets in TestDirector.
- Performed End-to-End testing manually, and was associated with UAT team.
- Involved in Test Estimation and Test Planning & understanding the functional requirements
- Involved in writing, executing Test Cases in HP Quality Center 9.2, providing the details and step designs understanding Business Rules.
- Automate the Testing of the reports using the QTP 9.2
- Automated all the regression test cases using QTP 9.2
- Prepare the Automation Test plan
- Extensive use of designing and using Checkpoints (Standard Check Point, Bit Map, Text Check points ,accessibility Checkpoints, Image Checkpoints and Table Checkpoints)
- Parameterized the test scripts using Data table and Excel sheet to ensure unique set of data inputs and all computation of the test
- Developed scripts using Regular Expressions to handle dynamic data names
- Recording and written scripts using Object Repository (OR) for automation scripts in QTP to test the web based UI
- Successfully designed and implemented Keyword Driven Automation Framework
- Involved in preparing test data for all the developed test cases using SQL queries(Oracle)
- Set up QA process for testing, test and data analysis, and defect tracking
- Conducted the negative testing to break the system and to analyze the stability
- Involved in Test Estimation and Test Planning.
- Responsible for performing Automation Testing using Win Runner
- Validated incident reports for FP, DSL,BTM, Switch Input Loader, LPort Bash & NavisBash Utility modules
- Involved in Fast Packet Pending Order Testing
- Testing the Order flows for different scenarios(East & West in particular)
- Responsible for developing, executing, and reviewing test cases & test procedures.
- Prepared a Test Suite of Sanity, Regression, Module, Integration, System and Ad-Hoc testing.
- Performed Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Tracking defects and preparing defect reports using QC
- Analyzed Functional Requirements, Use cases and developed test plan to test the Datamart and report changes for AutoConvert FX feature.
- Formulated test cases and test scripts in Quality Center Test Plan to test feature functionality. Traced back to requirements to check on the proposed functionality and mapped the test cases to the requirements.
- Interacted with the developers and business analysts in validating the requirement documents, updated existing test cases to meet the changes.
- Used Toad to query the data from oracle database to validate the Datamart changes. Eg: Verifying if the new CAP codes for UnBene-D transactions were captured and the Bene-D flag was made redundant etc.
- Verified the report changes in Business objects web client, like revenue and trend analysis changes for Bene-D and UnBene-D transaction summaries. Verified the aggregations and respective values in the reports by manually executing the queries in SQL using TOAD.
- Created test data for new database fields for which transaction data was not available in production databases and hence tested the reports.
- Executed the test cases in Quality Center Test lab. Documented the test results and analyzed them to improve future testing iterations.
- Attended weekly status meetings on test plan execution and provided detailed summary of test cases completed, defects raised and critical issues.
- Helped business analysts and business users during UAT Testing and prepared test data to perform testing in UAT environment.
- Worked with development and business teams to accomplish timely release objectives.
- Tracking and updating status, Issues of various test cases and requirements clarification in MS Sharepoint based on Change Control Board meetings.
- Updated the defect status as per the current status of the bug in Quality Center and retesting the bug in future software releases from development.
Testing Environment: VB, ASP, ASP.NET, VB.NET, SQL, COBOL, XML, PL/SQL, HTML, VBScript, Java, C, J2EE Tools: Win Runner 7.0, Test Director 7.2, and Quality Center 9.0, QTP 9.x Platforms: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista, UNIX, Mac, Mainframe RDBMS: Sybase, Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server7/2000/2005, DB2 Tools & Technologies: Visual Basic 6.0 (VB), VB.NET, Visual Studio 2003/2005, CSS, MS-Office, MS Excel
Confidential, North Brunswick, NJ Jun 09 - Present QA Analyst Involved in testing Sales Reporting Data Mart applications. The Sales Reporting Data Mart serves as an information repository that provides data to a number of Sales Reporting and Sales Support applications. Involved in testing the CSO data mart batch cycle, which is the heart of the sales reporting application as well as several other processes that will flow. Every night data is collected from various places, consolidated in a central location and formatted into meaningful information to be used in various business processes. The data mart applications are developed using Visual Basic, Power Builder, and MS Access as front end and Oracle as backend on Windows NT and Novell NetWare platforms
Environment: HP Mercury Quality Center 9.0, QTP 9.2, Oracle 9.1, SQL Navigator 5.x, MS Access 2003, Business Objects 6.x, Documentum, Microsoft Excel 2003.
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ Sept 08 - June 09 Quality Analyst This portal provides customers with access to their life insurance policies. Allstate took advantage of the existing Web portal accessallstate.com to enable financial representatives/agents to manage those policies. This project involved providing enhancements to this portal to enable agents to access policies, customer profiles, sales tools and marketing information to be managed through accessallstate.com while remaining within the familiar Customer Care Center user interface. Responsibilities:
Environment: Microsoft(R) Visual Studio(R) .NET 2003 Enterprise Edition, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Windows 2003, Mercury TestDirector 8.2, QTP 8.2, HTML, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Confidential, Irvine, CA Mar 07 - Aug 08 QA Analyst In the FOREST (Funds Outsourcing and Re-engineering to Enable Strategic Transformation) project, CGTC will be outsourcing its transfer agency processing to JPMorgan. To reduce the impact to CG systems, CGTC's current transfer agency system (CAATS) will be used to import completed and pending trades from JPMorgan's transfer agency system (ISTar). CAATS will continue to be the mechanism to send transfer agency transactions to Portfolio Accounting (dual books). JPMorgan & CGTC will also provide a position file each day including the posted activity to reconcile ending unit positions. The reconciliation will be performed outside of CG using JPMorgan's ACCESS Reconciliation tool. The project is divided into two tranches. In the first tranche, the daily and semi-monthly valued funds will be outsourced. In the second tranche, the common trust funds will be outsourced. At this time, Mexican funds will not be outsourced and remain at CG in CAATS. CAATS will need to support 'dual processing' and allow both outsourced and non-outsourced funds to be processed within the same system.
Roles and Responsibilities as a QTP Tester:
Environment: Java, J2ee, keynes, Oracle Database, QTP 9.2, HP Quality Center 9.0, crick (running batch jobs) Quality Center 9.0 ,QTP 8.x
Confidential, Fairfax, VA Apr 06 - Mar 07 Quality Tester BAAIS is an integrated system performing Inventory Management and Service Order Provisioning for Fast Packet, DSL, TLS, TLS-LD. Fast Packet - High capacity link between ISP and ISP Circuit or DSLAM and Switch at the Customer End. DSL connectivity depends upon the availability of Fast Packet infrastructure. Roles and Responsibilities:
Environment: UNIX Manual testing, UI Testing, Web applications testing, Windows 2000/XP/Windows CE /MAC/Linux, IE
Confidential, Tampa, FL Jan 05 - Apr 06 QA Tester Worked as a quality analyst in CoreCash Management team to test the changes to the Datamarts and reports to support the Clearing AutoConvert FX and Service Inquiry initiative. The intent of AutoFX is to automatically convert cross border USD payments into local currency of the beneficiary bank. Due to the implementation of FXAC, Beneficiary Deductions will be affected, so enhancements were made to include new CAP codes for Bene-D FXAC transactions and were implemented on the existing tables in the Data Mart. Also to accommodate UnBene-D transactions which involved rebates suitable changes were implemented in the datamart tables and business objects reports. The Clearing and Service Data Marts were modified to extract, transform and load these new AutoConvert FX fields and add them to the Business Objects Universe so that the business community can perform analysis and reporting like the customer billing volume reports, revenue and trend analysis reports. Responsibilities:
Environment: Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, MS Sharepoint 3.0, HP Quality Center 9.0, Lotus Notes 6.5, Solaris 8, Oracle 9i, Toad 8.0, Business Objects 6.5, DataMarts, ETL, Java/J2EE.
EDUCATION Bachelor in Computer Science
Visa Status: US Citizen
Current Location: NJ - Willing to relocate anywhere in USA