Twelve Plus years of experience as a Software Test Engineer/ Sr. QA Test Engineer / QA Lead seeking a consulting / Full Time position with a promising, growing, stable, prestigious, high tech organization to contribute the value of my diverse technical, business acumen and professional experience in designing, developing, implementing and executing Test Design Specifications, Test Case Specifications, Test procedures using both manual procedures and automated testing tools in a Web based, Client/Server, AS/400, Siebel and Mainframe Environment while offering me a challenging milieu of opportunity and growth. Senior QA Lead experience on extensive testing, Hands on test lead for over 5 years under multi tier environments and with Mercury tools, Rational Unified and Agile, CMMI processes. Experience includes lead analyst development of custom packaged solutions primarily for Financial Planning Reporting Applications in Telecommunications and financial environments.
- Over 12 Years of diversified experience in Application Analysis, Design/Development and Quality Assurance Testing of application systems, which include Client / Server, Siebel, AS/400, Mainframe and Web applications.
- Expertise in Analyzing Business Specifications and also writing, maintaining and executing Test Procedures, Test plans, Test Cases, Test Results and generating software defect reports.
- Extensive experience in Unit, Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance, System, End-to-End Cross Browser, Load, Stress Testing, White Box Black Box Testing.
- Expert in Testing Life Cycle TLC - phases include: Risk Analysis, Planning Process, Test Design, Performing Test, Defect Tracking, Management and Test Reporting.
- Experience in using Automated Tools like QTP, WinRunner, HP ALM Quality Center , Selenium JTAF , TestDirector, LoadRunner, Rational Clear Quest for Client /Server, Web and Database Applications.
- Experience in the Automation frameworks like Keyword and Data Driven.
- Ability to interact with developers and product analysts regarding Testing Status and Defect Change Tracking using Test Director, Clear Quest and Bugzilla.
- Experience in creating and maintaining shell scripts for backend data validations in UNIX environment.
- Experience in Estimation of Test Effort and coordinate Test Schedule with overall Project Schedule.
- Strong Problem Analysis Resolution skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously, independently or in teams.
- Extensive knowledge of ISO Quality standards, CMM levels, and IEEE standards and Methodologies.
- OS Expertise : Windows 95/98/2000/XP/NT 4.0 Server Workstation, UNIX, MS- DOS, OS/400, Alpha, MF-Cobol.
- Languages : C, C , Java 2.0, JCL, Perl, VB.Net, COBOL, SQL and PL/SQL.
- Web technologies : HTML, DHTML, Turbo XML, Front Page 2000.
- Database Server : Oracle 7.x/8i/9i, SQL/400, DB/400, DBU, DB2, Sybase, COPS, TAM, WAM, MS-Access, TOAD 7.6, Data Mart, CDR, CDW, Siebel, Rapid SQL,SQL Developer, SOAP UI Pro, Excursion X Server, EMC Documentum.
- Application Servers : BEA Web Logic, IBM Web Sphere, Autosys, Extream, Crystal Report Server, Siebel App Server.
- Mail Servers : MS Outlook, Lotus Notes R6.
- Web Servers : DLSS Web Server, DLSS Web COM Object.
- Configuration Mgmt : Rational Clear case, Telelogic Doors 8.0/8.3/9.0.
- Unix Alpha Emulator : Putty, eXcursion, Exceed Tool 7.1.1.
- Automation Tools : WinRunner7.0/7.5/9.2,TestDirector 6.0/7.6/8.0, Quality Center 9.2/10.0, Quick Test Pro 9.2/10.0,Load Runner 9.2, QA Center, Rational Test Manager, JTAF.
- Networking Tools : Telnet, FTP, TCP/IP and Windows Sockets FTP Client Application WS-FTP 32 , WinSCP.
- Bug Tracking System : Test Director 7.X, PVCS Tracker, Bugzilla, Clear Quest, STAR Team, Quality Center.
- Documentation Tools : MS Office 2000/XP, Adobe Tools and Visio Professional.
- GUI Tools : Visual Basic 6.0, Developer 2000, CICS, Siebel 7.5.
- Report Tools : Crystal Reports 11, Micro strategy, SNAG IT, Panagon report Manager, Cognos Report Studio and Greenbar.
Sr. QA Lead
- Test leadership responsibility on assigned projects and represent QA in cross-functional project teams like ACES, ACMS, Annual Audit, CMA, DFIAT, DI, EET, ESB, Enterprise Desktop, Enterprise Search, Enterprise Tools Team, FSF, MRDT, NMA, STAR, Triage Portal.
- Implemented daily standup meetings Agile Methodology to discover and resolve any road blocks/ issues that occur during starting from test artifacts development to implementation of the Applications.
- Prepared the level of efforts and arranging work schedules and prioritizing work to meet deadlines on time. Provided the testing time line for each application to make sure QA team has enough time to test all the features and re-negotiated the dates with management as per the LOE and resource plan availability.
- Managed group of 6 resources for System Integration Testing and Automation Testing. Assist less experienced analysts with complex problems regarding testing approaches, application knowledge, and technical knowledge. Coaches less experienced testers in writing of test cases. Lead test case reviews for team members.
- Responsible to create test summary report with depth coverage of test metrics for all applications and send a report to the management review prior to production deployment.
- Created and enforced team members to update RTM Defect tracking summary reports while test case execution of Applications. Created and enforced weekly status report for the team to set the weekly goals and accomplishments for the targeted goals and maintained the risks and concerns if the goals are not met on-time.
- Enhanced team knowledge on Web services testing SOAP UI, Firefox, Chrome Add ins , JIRA Tracking Tool by providing brownbag sessions to entire QA Team in Organization.
- Responsible for preparing the crucial Onboarding department's requirement template for business team to avoid any future requirement gaps while developing and testing the application.
- Implemented and supported the Onboarding process of new resources as per the QA best practices.
- Prepared the technical documentation of all other integrated external systems and shared with Team which can be used as helpful resource to understand the functionality of the each system.
- Prepared help guide on DQMan Tool for quick installation and usage which can be used as a common resource guide among Dev, Business and FMS external QA teams.
- Responsible for creating, updating and executing the XML conversion programs to convert the metadata in to the XML format. Responsible for executing the import programs in the UNIX environment to import the converted XML data from intermediate level to Documentum 5.3/6.0/6.5.
- Verified the Metadata against the source files Database, xls, CSV by the automated script which is developed in QTP after data conversion program has executed for each districts / Authors /Users.
- Retrieved the data in CSV format from the documentum using repoint tool and verified the Metadata against the XML source file by using the automated scripts after each Migration using Microsoft Access Database.
- Developed backend automation Applications: CMWS/ CMWS-ECMS/RESTful/SOAP API test suites for web services testing using Selenium Web Driver with existing Java Test Automation Framework JTAF .
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts Selenium Web Driver API on Continuous Integration tools Hudson/Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Responsible for implementing automation testing procedures for Restful web services and also created velocity templates, test scripts, test data creation for test automation purposes.
- Created automated regression test scripts for restful services using SOAP UI and integrated with CI Jenkins tool.
- Responsible for Integrated automation suite with CI continuous integration tool Hudson aka. Jenkins and reduced the manual effort to execute the automation suite.
- Responsible for coordinating with off shore, on site and New York Teams to meet the schedules of projects on time and providing Training in the WEBEX for the new users to speed up the work to complete the projects on time.
- Extensively hands on experience on Web Services by developing the SOAP UI Manual and Automated Scripts using insertions and also responsible for verifying the data against the schema, XSD.
- Responsible for generating the QC Metrics which includes Test Case Creation, Execution, RTM and Defects. Maintaining and updating the SRT Status Reporting Tool metrics and reporting to the higher management about the test status and prioritized issues.
Environment: Java,VB.net, XML, HP Quick Test Pro 9.2/10.0, Winrunner 9.2, Selenium Web Driver, HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.0, IBM Doors 9.0, Borland Star Team 2005/2008, Version Tracker 22.214.171.124, Windows NT/XP/2000/2003,PERL,Telelogic/ IBM Rational Doors 8.0/8.3/9.0, Documentum 5.3, WebTop 6.0/6.5, Oracle 9i/10g,SQLLDR, TOAD 9.0.1,Oracle SQL Developer 1.5, Unix, Putty Release 0.60, Docs Open System, Enterprise Ad-hoc Reporting System, iManage System, GroupWise System, MS SQL Server, Interwoven Desk Site, SVN Sub Version , Query Analyzer, Repoint 2.5, MS- Office 2003/XP/2000, SOAP UI Pro, MS Access 2003, Jenkins, MS Project Web Access.
- Participated in Walkthroughs and Meetings to discuss outcomes of the executed tests and decide further proceedings.
- Responsible for creating the Test Readiness Review TRR checklist as per standard policies and compliance procedures in the FTD 4.1 Freddie Mac Technology Delivery Model Job Aid Application.
- Created Traceability Matrices RTM mapping Test Cases with Requirements and Use Cases.
- Mapped Requirements form the Requisite Pro to the test cases in the Rational Test Manager.
- Responsible for linking the test cases to the test inputs and generating the requirement traceability report with in the Rational Test Manager.
- Responsible for implement and promote the test cases in the Rational Test Manager.
- Responsible for the execution of the test cases, analysis of the test results and maintenance of Test metrics.
- Responsible for validating and updating the data stored in the databases which assists the lenders in ensuring that the data used in evaluating the borrower, the collateral and the transactions are accurate and supported in the other databases like COPS, TAM and WAM.
- Extensively used SQL queries to validate the data in the Sybase database using querying tool Rapid SQL.
- Modified Unix Shell Scripts, which contain SQL statements to insert, update and delete data from the Database for data verification at the back-end.
- Responsible for Smoke Test, Functional, UI, data validations and compatibility tests for the Loan Prospector Application.
- Responsible for validating the output, rules management and work flow capabilities in PRPC Pega Rules Process Commander for Loan Prospector system.
- Responsible for generating the test case execution report, defect metrics report in the Rational Test Manager using PERL Script.
- Responsible for logging the defect in Clear Quest and follow up with the developers until the issues are resolved.
- Responsible for creating the test data in .xml and .mba formats and importing the test data in to the test environments.
- Responsible for verifying the different customer access methods in various systems like LPAK Classic Tool, S2S, LPF Tool, LP Inside, LPPC, LPO and W2W.
- Responsible for creating executing the test cases and Scenarios in PAT / UAT Product Acceptance Testing / User Acceptance Testing .
Environment: Java, Rational Test Manager 2003, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear quest 2003, SODA, Rational Robot, Windows XP/2000, Rapid SQL 7.3, Sybase 12.5.3, IBM DB2, UNIX, Clear case, Turbo XML, XI, MS- Office 2003/XP/2000, Pega, EDS Surveyor, Web logic, SOAP, IBM TAM, WAM, COPS, Microsoft Visio 2000, Exceed Tool, Novell Netware, People soft, Lotus Notes Domino .
Sr. QA Analyst / Co-lead
- Responsible for evaluating all production UNIX scripts during the project enhancement. Whenever Daily auto jobs failed then executed several ETL scripts manually and checks the log files for jobs status.
- Responsible for executing Daily Interfaces and Scheduler Jobs using AUTOSYS.
- Attended Change Request Meetings CRM to document changes and implemented procedures to test changes.
- Used Rational Test Manager to create and document the Master Test Plan using specifications from the Business Requirements.
- Executed the test cases manually and reported the defects if any in Rational Clear Quest and keep track of defects. Also maintained weekly Test Metrics document.
- Tested the application for user workflow under several scenarios by running Batch Scripts sequentially and calling scripts within parent scripts.
- Mapped Requirements form the Requisite Pro to test cases in the Rational Test Manager.
- Created Traceability Matrices RTM mapping Test Cases with Requirements and Use Cases.
- Attended Walkthroughs and Peer Review meetings with Business Operations, Analysts, Design Development teams.
- Analyzed the Business requirement FRD Functional Requirement Document and Design documents standard procedures followed to develop Test Plan, Test procedures and Test cases.
- Responsible for creating, generating and analyzing reports using Micro Strategy and Panagon Report Manager Tool and validating data in the Data mart Financial and portfolio Management Tables.
- Responsible for setting up the test environments in different test regions using different data schemas.
- Involved in the migration of the Online Payment, Electronic Billing EB and Electronic Correspondence EC functionality from eDocs version 1.9 to version 4.3.
- Responsible for developing scripts to migrate data to Oracle 9i from other different data sources Oracle 8i, Legacy CDDTS, FFEL and PERKINS .
- Responsible for converting Test Manager Scripts in to PDF files using Crystal reports.
- Responsible for verifying the GUI screens developed in Siebel.
- Responsible for creating SQL complex queries to validate backend database changes, deletes, and updates.
Environment: Siebel 7.5, Java, ASP, Rational Test Manager 2003, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear quest 2003, Snap Shot tool, Windows NT/XP/2000, MF-Cobol, VMS, DB2, CICS, SQL Plus, Oracle 9i, TOAD 7.6, Excursion X server 7.1, Unix, Exam diff pro, Alpha System, Crystal reports 11, Clear case, Micro strategy, MS- Office 2003/XP/2000, MS Project Web Access, Snag IT, Panagon report manager Green Bar .
Sr. QA Analyst
- Analyzed the FRD Functional Requirement Document and Design documents to develop Test Plan.
- Worked closely with the Requirement Team, Development Team and Business Process Engineering Team to resolve technical and functional issues.
- Performed System, Functional, Integration and Regression testing for the RX Claim Transaction.
- Responsible for Testing on AS/400 Terminal Emulator RUMBA and configuring a connection to a Server thru Rumba.
- Used WinRunner for Automated Functional Testing RX Claims transactions. Used Function Generator and also written functions in Test Script Language. Created Compiled Modules and made scripts modular and reusable.
- Retrieve data from files to verify the results with Input data by writing SQL queries by using the built in tool SQL/400.
- DBU files in order to manipulate the desired input values to perform Positive and Negative testing and also to manipulate the data according to the scenario. Verify data of the Output files.
- Used QRY/400 to create queries in order to retrieve and verify any kind of data in Input files or out put files.
- Responsible for sending Claim information to AS/400 that will enable us to query the test results from Arpeggio.
- Responsible for analyzing the query results that we need to populate the ClaimSubmit spreadsheet, which will be used to submit claims to the REG / RG2 Environment, and to compare the results in regression to the results in the original tests.
- Developed scripts for Data-Driven tests using TSL Test Script Language and used Correlation for supplying unique data to the server.
- Version Control and build management using PVCS and Visual Source Safe.
Environment: WinRunner 7.5,Test Director 7.6/8.0, Windows XP/2000, OS/400, Rumba, DB/400, SQL/400,DBU, Arpeggio Data Access ODBC , SQL Plus, Lotus Notes R6, Web Sphere Server, MS- Office XP, MS-Access, MS Project, Visual Source Safe 6.0,PVCS Tracker.
Sr. QA Analyst
- Extensively used Test Director for Test planning, bug tracking and reporting, Scheduling, Interacting, invoking the Win Runner Scripts using Test Director.
- Used Win Runner for Automated Functional Testing Applications. Used Function Generator and also written functions in Test Script Language. Created Compiled Modules and made scripts modular and reusable. Configured GUI maps for the standard and custom objects by using WinRunner.
- Reviewed the requirement documents and use cases and implemented verification process in Software Development Life Cycle by finding problems in early stage of the development cycle.
- Created and modified Unix Shell Scripts, which contain SQL statements to insert, update and delete data from Oracle Database for data verification at the back-end.
- Performed System testing, Performance, Integration and Regression testing in different browser versions IE browsers, Netscape browsers.
Environment: Win Runner 6.0 / 7.5, Test Director 6.2 / 7.5, XML, Loadrunner, Oracle 7.x, VB, SQL, Perl Script, MS Office, Web Sphere, Java, Unix, Crystal Reports, PL/ SQL, Windows 2000,TOAD 7.0 / 7.6, SQL Loader.