- Around 7 years of Progressive experience in the QA field. With extensive knowledge of manual and automated testing, for both client-server and web based applications in Shipping Insurance, Financial and IT industry domain
- Involved in SDLC: Waterfall and Agile methodologies QA Life cycle with focus on integration, regression, GUI, functional, UAT, Smoke/Sanity, Usability, and Black Box Testing.
- Extensive testing experience with QTP, Test Director for Quality Center
- Identify Test Requirements through Use Cases/Business Requirements and specified requirements in Test plan
- Expertise in preparing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Summary Reports, Test Cases and Test Scripts for manual testing based on the User Requirement Document and System Requirement document.
- Proven team player success-driven self-starter with analytical and interpersonal skills, flexibility to adjust to changing work priorities in an outcome based team.
- Extensive experience in Creating Training and User Acceptance testing manuals UAT .
- Extensive experience of QA processes and best practices
- Ability to set standards identifies, recommend and implement changes to enhance the effectiveness of quality assurance strategies.
- Extensive experience working with customers, developers, consultants and management in high-pressure critical support environment. Excellent Analytical, Verbal, Written, Communication, Presentation, Problem Solving Interpersonal skills and working as a team environment to meet deadline.
Client/Server Applications, Web based Applications
Windows 8,Windows 7, XP, Unix/Linux
MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Power Point
SQL Server , Oracle
Defect Tracking tools
Mercury Quality Center, Test Director, Bug Tracker Tool, Rational Clear Quest
Sr QA Analyst
- Designed and Implemented automation framework
- Wrote the Automation Testing guidelines using Quick Test Professional 9.2 and then updated it to QTP 11.
- Created Automation Test script using QTP .NET application and windows based application using QTP 9.2 and QTP 11.
- Used .Net add-in with Test Advantage 7.2,9.2 and 10
- Used QC for storing, Executing and managing the Testing processing and Test Scripts.
- Evaluate QC/QTP citrix environments in order to run scripts on cirtix at an optimal and supported configuration
- Performed Test Estimation, Test Planning, and Implementation and Monitoring Quality Assurance activities in the project.
- Validate test execution, defect detection and test results reporting that the software performs according to requirement
- Review and audit products and process artifacts to ensure adequate level of quality.
- Validate data integrity at various levels of Enterprise Data Warehouse starting from the source data copies through the end user reports
- Coordinate with Off-shore efforts prior and after to software release
- Work with UAT to ensure test coverage across both organizations and eliminate overlaps. Worked effectively with a geographically distributed team and users Review and approve test cases created by the offshore team.
- Contributes to technical strategic QA automation and tests planning for the company, proposing new directions and technologies.
Environment: .NET, SQL Server 2008, Mercury TestDirector for Quality Center 11, Quick Test Professional 11, Microsoft Excel, MS Visio , Microsoft SharePoint,Citrix , and Virtual Machine, Load runner 9.0
Sr QA Analyst
- Maintained all test cases and status of test execution, tracking, and reported defects with QC
- Notified team lead of defects found outside of my given scope.
- Screen shared group concerns and progress of Impact with team/Team Lead
- Regularly attended/arranged conference calls to relate concerns revisions to BA Developer
- Prepared status reports and revised test documents to address new requirements.
- Worked extensively on integrated, regression, and smoke sanity test for various levels of app.
- Verified requirements of test plans were met, while using the Use Cases to assure the application fell within the desired scope.
- Provided Team with graphs and test results using QC via emails to eliminate confusion.
- Validated integrated global database Data Warehouse of marketing, production and finance flow databases by executing SQL statements.
- Communicated the defects to developer, team lead, and BA
- Corresponded constantly with BA and developer to cut down on lag time to expedite the builds with more efficiency.
Environment: Java, J2ee, Oracle, Quality Center, Bug Tracker, IE, Firefox, QTP,
Sr QA Analyst
- Prepared and Reviewed Test Plan and Test Strategy documents with business, development and third party teams.
- Involved in complete functional and regression testing of all the front-end components of the sites.
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Documents and Use Cases to create test cases.
- Developed sanity automation scripts using QTP.
- Developed test scripts for Data Driven tests using Quick Test Professional.
- Prepared and documented the test conditions and test cases.
- Run test cases using QTP and posting defects in Quality Center.
- Maintained and Updated Object Repository, Function library, as well as using VB scripting.
- Validated data Ran queries in SQL Server to collect required field for our data-driven framework
- Responsible for creating Test Summary reports.
Environment: QTP 9.2, .NET, Mercury Test Director for Quality Center 9.2 MS Office MS Word, MS Excel , SQL Server, VMware 6.0
QA Manual Tester
- Involved in complete Software Development Life Cycle - requirements gathering, analysis, detail design, and system testing.
- Completed adhoc, regression, integrated, and incremental integration testing making sure the functionality of application was being met.
- Created user defined fields in Test Director for test requirements, test plans and test cases.
- Performed integration testing, smoke testing and regression testing.
- Effectively used Quick Test Professional as automation tool for regression testing.
- Developed Data Driven Tests with QTP to test the application with different data values such as different currency values and taxable amounts.
- Created user defined functions for common tasks to reuse them in different tests and also for testing different builds of the application.
- Documented teams' daily/weekly progress with Quality Center.
- Maintained test cases and status of test execution, tracking reporting defects with Quality Center
- Prepared status reports and interacted with the other members of the team from both BA and development, also revised the test documents to address new requirements.
- Maintained all the testing activities in Quality Center and internal tool Bug Tracker
- Communicated the defects to developer, team lead, and BA, and attended status meetings.
Environment: .NET, Java, SQL Server , Quality Center, Bug Tracker, IE, Firefox, QTP, TOAD