- Accomplished leader with over 15 years of progressive technical and managerial experience with complex integrated software systems and business processes. Recognized track record for design and implementation of standardized solutions, business process reengineering, increasing resource efficiencies, and realizing significant cost reductions. Highly effective communicator with strong leadership, team-building and project management skills. Extensive experience with back office software solutions including customer management, project/portfolio management, order management, network management, service fulfillment and billing. Skilled and effective in communicating with internal and external customers including senior management. 10 years of experience recruiting, organizing, developing and managing diverse and remote technical teams. Strong business skills and expertise in:
- Software Development Lifecycle and Standards
- Solution Architecture
- Business Process Analysis/Implementation
- Helping major US cable operator define business requirements, solution architecture and implementation of buy flow solution. This is a common solution utilized by major US Cable operators as a strategic partnership between Cable Operators and Tier 1 Telecommunication provider to offer joint products to end consumers.
- Created business case for a major US cable operator in streamlining supply chain management of end user devices. Created financial model providing savings in excess of 1M per year along with a detailed approach on required technical architecture changes in back-office applications to rationalize savings.
- Led a team, which supported organizational transformation and strategy of a major US Cable Service provider for its internal Data Center organization. Conducted assessment and provided recommendations on governance processes based on ITIL framework which helped client in streamlining new project ingestion and delivery processes.
- Authored high quality product definition for Data Center Automation and service management solution listing key managed services based on Tiered model and associated value-add for each IT service management product. Created a well-documented Scaling Model worksheet for BMC BPPM application suite. This scaling model calculates cost per service item unit service items unit is defined as end customer supported devices and clearly shows impact on support cost as the infrastructure is scaled by adding hardware and additional support staff. This scaling model is utilized by finance and NGT tools team for all of the application components of NGT tool set.
- Lead successful effort to consolidate Comcast Network Fault Management system. This covered overall program management, including budgeting, managing consulting resources and contributed to design and implementation phases. This consolidation provided close to 600,000 per year savings in terms of licensing and maintenance cost.
- Managed technical teams in the analysis, migration and integration of network management applications and supporting processes post acquisition of broadband communication service provider. The successful implementation within the given timeline avoided additional overhead being incurred by the company. The work completed facilitated the merging of similar functional groups and enabled the use of standard systems and processes. This included the Network Operations, Service Delivery and Network Provisioning groups.
- Implemented a hardware service desk managing Data Center infrastructure. This included integration of fault management system with ticketing system and implementation of supporting processes to manage and triage trouble tickets. The new service desk enabled the Data Center Infrastructure group to manage and provide resolution to hardware issues. It provided a mechanism for re-negotiating licensing agreements with major vendors based on the service issues.
- Architected enterprise wide application performance management solution. Successfully demonstrated initial proof of concept to senior management team. Provided detail technical and functional requirements to vendor and currently in process of beta testing. This overall approach will cut down time to deploy and operate JAVA J2EE applications in production environment and will help in deprecating existing off-the shelf product utilized to provide this service. This effort in turn provided annual savings on both maintenance and licensing cost close to 1.5M per year.
System and Technologies:
| || |
- Proposed and architected migration solutions for Time Warner and Adelphia HSD and VoIP subscribers to Comcast Network. Responsibility included project and resource planning, design, testing and implementation of process of migrating eMTA devices from Time Warner network to Comcast Network with objective of reducing overall migration time by 50 . Received STAR AWARD in recognition of this successful effort.
- Developed a production deployment strategy in a single trial market that mitigated risk to existing markets. Effort involved enterprise wide collaboration with C-Level stakeholders. Recipient of COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE award for Self-Provisioning deployment and implementation of a monitoring solution between the Billing and Provisioning systems.
- Managed and staffed the development and maintenance of OSS/BSS platforms included servers, network equipment including CMTS Cable Modem Termination System and both CM Cable Modem and eMTA embedded multimedia adapter devices.
- Created detail technical requirements, design and implementation for Tiered Services, Home Networking, and others which leveraged new features from existing systems. Led cross-functional team from proof of concept to the successful deployment of these services across Comcast markets 30 days ahead of schedule.
- Implemented and tested a smarter and intelligent architecture capable of scaling to an estimated 1.5 million subscribers. This included the integration of service order management application ServiceBrokerTM, Lucent VitalAccess1.1, and VitalQIP 5.2.
- Collaboratively designed solutions, developed functional requirements and created test plans for a Customer Self Provisioning System, as well as implemented Self-Provisioning across multiple markets
Senior QA Analyst
Developed and implemented test plan and test cases for a Licensing application for Minnesota Department of Agriculture. Established a clean room approach as a standard practice for conducting testing. Also responsible for testing customer complaints and finding possible solutions to technical questions about the application. Lead discovery sessions to gather functional and technical requirements. Implemented and accessed the progress of CMM level 2 key process areas for Analysts International eBusiness practice.
Lead QA Analyst
Lead system integration, requirements gathering, implementation and testing of HOMEDS. The HOMEDS application was multi-threaded application. This application was used as a middle ware between Billing and CAR desktop UI, retrieving data from billing systems utilizing screen scraping API's.
Designed and developed Investor report which provides structured hard copy of current outstanding loans broken down into different product categories using RPG/ILE and CL/400. Enhanced existing forecasting application to allow financial analysts to select different interest rates to do stress analysis on historical data, used RPG/400 and DDS in the process. Responsible for programming and testing modifications to existing AS400 based Forecasting application.