- Seasoned testing professional with over six years of experience in functional, GUI testing of web and client server applications with extensive exposure to agile based projects.
- Creation of detailed test plans and reports
- Manual and automated test case creation and execution
- Management of defect work flow/ Life cycle
- Onshore-Offshore engagement model
- Excellent working knowledge of various defect management systems like JIRA, Quality Center ALM and Quick test Professional
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven team player
- Hands-on experience in scheduling and managing tasks of junior testers
- Programming Languages: C, C , JAVA, ASP.NET, VBScript
- Scripting Languages : XML HTML, Visual Basic
- Testing Tools : QTP HP Quality Center QUALITY CENTER ALM , MTM, TFS, Bugzilla, JIRA
- OS : Windows 2000/NT/XP/Vista, UNIX Linux, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX
- RDBMS : Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, DB2 9.7 , MS Access, Teradata
- Content Management tools: Teamsite6.5, MediaBin 4.5
- Understand project and enhancement requirements, review use cases, traceability matrix and create test plan, functional and GUI test cases
- Execute test plan, test cases, record defects and follow defect management standards
- Participate in defect triage meetings and drive closure on defect severities and priorities
- Establishment, Regression testing
- Generation of test report
- Provide assistance in UAT testing
- Attend daily stand up meetings and provide updates to scrum master
- Sustain overall product quality by meeting release benchmarks
Environment:Windows 7,Microsoft Test Manager, TFS, SQL,TOAD, Oracle 9i/10g, PL/SQL, Excel, JIRA.
QA Project Engineer
- Development and maintenance of digital assets of marketing and promotional labels of consumer products of GSK
- Designed Created Test Cases based on the Business requirements Also referred Source to Target Detailed mapping document Transformation rules document .
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Used SQL for Querying the database in UNIX environment.
- Developed test cases for process and reporting.
- Involved with Design and Development team to implement the requirements.
- Developed and Performed execution of Test Scripts manually to verify the expected results.
- Conducted white Box Testing Functional, Regression and Data Driven.
- Verification of test results, comparing and analyzing
- Tested different master detail, summary reports, ad-hoc reports and on demand reports.
- Prepared test strategy to validate Teradata reports against Oracle reports.
- Preparation of various test documents in Quality Center.
- Used Toad to write SQL and query Oracle database
Environment: HTML,SQL,Quality Center 9.2,Oracle 10g,Toad,XML,Windows XP,Autosys.
- Analyzed the Functional requirements using Scenarios DDD Detailed Design Document
- Worked with development team to ensure testing issues are resolved on the basis of using defect reports.
- Extensively used SQL programming in backend and front-end functions, procedures, and packages.
- Debugging the SQL-Statements and stored procedures for various business scenarios.
- Logging and tracking defects on a release basis using HP Quality Center.
- Developed Cascading Style Sheets CSS for User Interface uniformity throughout the application
Environment: Windows 7, Microsoft Test Manager,TFS,SQL,TOAD,Oracle9i/10g,JIRA.
As a Technical associate, my job responsibility was to provide level 2 technical support to end users of the dial and DSL home networking products of Bell South