Seeking for a Quality Assurance Analyst/QA Engineer position in both Desktop and/or Mobile environments. I am a self-motivated and energetic individual, and a critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skill. With my knowledge, experience and skill, I promise to dedicate and commit myself fully to a QA role in any organization.
- ASTQB /ISTQB Certified QA Professional with over 5 years of experience in both Manual and Automation testing in Enterprise, Desktop and Mobile Environments and over 5 years of real working experience with pharmaceutical softwares, e-solutions and e-commerce web applications.
- Extensive knowledge and work experience of various desktop environments such as Windows, MacOS, Linux and Mobile environments including iOS, Android and Windows.
- Experienced in identifying crucial and complex areas of an AUT and its core functional and critical components to produce highly effective test cases to uncover any potential defects in both Desktop and Mobile environments.
- Highly experienced in understanding User's Experience UX and gathering User Requirements, Requirements Analysis and Specification, Design and Test Basis Analysis and in developing, implementing and documenting various test artifacts including Master Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Reports and Defect Reports.
- Experienced in Back-End Testing, Front-End Testing, Functional Testing, GUI Testing, Cross-Browser Testing, Regression Testing, Integration testing, System Testing, Database testing, Positive and Negative Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Smoke Testing and Sanity testing in any environments.
- Extensive working knowledge of testing web-based applications and web sites using Drupal CMS Content Management System , Digital Publishing, HTML, CSS, Jason, PHP, Ajax, Flash, Audio, Video embeds and various web technologies.
- Experienced in code debugging, analysis, enhancements and execution of automation scripts for both HP QTP/UFT and Selenium.
- Proficient in manual testing Desktop, Web, Mobile Native and Hybrid Applications in both iOS and Android mobile devices and automation testing using Appium automation tool.
- Experienced in various automation Framework including Data-driven, Keyword-driven, Hybrid for QTP and JUnit, TestNG and Maven framework integration in Selenium.
- Have in-depth knowledge of various SDLC methodologies such as V-Model, Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming, Sprint Planning and Scrum.
- Strong knowledge of various Software Testing Life Cycle phases, Bug Triage, Bug Life Cycle and various bug reporting tools including QC, BugZilla, BugNet and Jira.
- Experienced in Database Testing and using various DBMS tools including MySQL, Oracle SQL and MS SQL Server, and performing complex queries including Joins, using Views, DML, DDL, Functions, Triggers and Procedures.
- Working knowledge of Test Driven Development TDD , Behavior Driven Development BDD and Cucumber using Java and Gherkin.
- Well versed with creating and analyzing the traceability metrics, defect and productivity metrics, progress reports, defining estimates, updating daily status reports to product owner and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with the stakeholders, manager, product owners, developers, SMEs, PMOs, and other peer testers to analyze business specification requirements and deliver a test plan that matches functional specifications, exit criteria and project deadline.
- Good understanding of ISTQB principles and Testing guidelines, various corporate standards, regulations, Compliance guidelines, and CMMI and Six Sigma process.
- Experienced in concurrently and diligently working with multiple projects with strong adherence to project deadlines without compromising optimum quality or high standards.
- Highly motivated, energetic, a team player and highly adaptive to any work-environments with a strong ability to grasp things quickly when needed.
Mobile QA Engineer
- Responsible for understanding user scenarios, devising test plans, creating effective test cases and perform various test including Front-end Testing, Back-end Testing, GUI testing, Functional Testing, Smoke Testing and Regression Testing.
- Identity key features and functionality of the application and devise effective test plan to uncover any potential errors/bugs that may interfere with the user experience and thus lower the quality of the products.
- Collecting and analyzing Market data using Adobe Analytics/ Adobe Omniture, identify key devices based on user matrix and creating test plan and prioritize test coverage accordingly.
- Efficiently identifying and logging errors as they are discovered and suggest feature improvements for better User Experience UX .
- Concurrently working on 15 Drupal based websites including Cosmopolitan.com, Elle.com, MarieClaire.com, Esquire.com, and GoodHouseKeeping.com and performing rigorous testing as the new builds are deployed and/or hot-fixes are implemented multiple times a day or week.
- Effectively participate in cross-platform and cross-browser testing of all responsive design web-sties in Mobile phones and tablets, verifying page layout meets the design specifications and identifying key issues.
- Perform both manual and automated test using Selenium and Appium on mobile devices covering Android Phones, iPhones, Android Tablets, iPads, Windows Phones and desktop including Windows and Macintosh.
- Create a traceability matrix for all tests and update results in test management tool PractiTest and log all defects and enhancement suggestions in Jira.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings, walkthroughs, scrum and sprint planning meetings and take an active part by providing necessary feedbacks.
- Effectively communicate with team members and project managers and devise an efficient test plan and test strategy and timely deliver results without compromising project deadline and the quality of testing.
Environments: Windows, Mac OS, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Android Phones, Android Tablets, GitHub, PractiTest, Jira, Content Management System CMS , Responsive Web Design, Selenium, X-Code, Android SDK, Appium
- Have gathered, studied and analyzed User Requirements, identified Test Scenarios and actively taken part crucial part in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Estimation and Execution.
- Responsible for building test environments, allocating resources, gathering test data and preparing test cases for both manual and automation scripts.
- Involved in creation of Test Cases, Test Steps, Test Execution, Defect Analysis, and Defect logging using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Mapped, tracked, reviewed and analyzed defects and compared using the traceability matrix in HP QC/ALM.
- Actively involved in GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Unit Testing, System Testing, Boundary Value Analysis, and Negative Testing, ad-hoc Testing, Smoke Testing and Regression Testing.
- Ensured Regression Test Bed is updated, ready for reuse, and stored in Test case repository.
- Performed manual and automated testing including Back-end and Front-end Testing strictly adhering to Entry and Exist Criteria and project guidelines by ensuring quality testing covering all critical components.
- Used HP QC/ALM to store requirements, create and execute test cases, store results and metrics and critically analyzed, documented and maintained the test results and test logs.
- Enhanced and executed automated test scripts with Quick Test Pro for Regression, Integration, and System Testing.
- Migrated and converted HP QTP automation test scripts to Selenium Web Driver Scripts where feasible to overcome the license limitation for the number of concurrent users for QTP to ensure required test coverage before release.
- Followed Agile methodology in the project by giving routine status updates to all concerned stakeholders including the business analyst, project managers and peer team members.
- Proactively participated in daily/weekly meetings, review sessions, daily standups and walkthroughs with different level of groups and always volunteered to move things forward.
Environments: Windows, Mac OS, Linux, MS Office, MS SharePoint, HP ALM, UFT/QTP, SQL, Selenium, Jira, GitHub, Oracle 10g.
QA Automation Tester
- Actively taken part in analyzing business requirements, Functional and Design specifications of the product, writing effective test cases for both manual and automated tests.
- Created Test Plans to check user and business requirements efficiently.
- Involved in Project Planning, Estimation, Scheduling Tracking and maintaining various Test metrics.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Boundary Value Analysis, Regression and UAT testing to ensure high quality of the deliverable.
- Performed regression testing by executing the baseline scripts and identified software errors and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Mapped the Requirements to Test cases Traceability matrix and logged defects using Quality Center.
- Executed the test cases for Manual testing using Quality Center and conducted Bug Reporting and tracking using HP Quality Center.
- Involved in verifying the back-end Tables by using SQL Select statements, using different types of complex queries including various joins to retrieve and validate data.
- Involved in converting manual test cases into automated scripts on Mercury Quick Test Pro QTP /HP UFT where feasible.
- Developed and executed various VB Scripts using QTP for automated testing of various functionalities of the applications.
- Written scripts using regular expressions, created various Checkpoints and handles unexpected errors using exception handing mechanism of QTP/UFT.
- Generate system error logs and analyze reports for root-cause-analysis of program failures.
- Tracked and reported product's outstanding issues throughout the development life cycle of the product.
Environments: Windows, HP QTP/UFT, HP Quality Center/HP ALM, VB Script, Oracle SQL, UNIX.
- Trained store employees by keeping them up-to-date on how to effectively use and manage Company's Web Application, various POS Systems, Pharmaceutical Solutions and Ecommerce Sites.
- Extensively participated in improvising e-business strategy, monitored the user friendliness of e-commerce site and recommended functional and graphical feature enhancements to achieve optimal user experience and business goals.
- Demonstrated excellent E-Marketing, Organizational, Communication, Time-Management and Project-Management skill.
- Frequently analyzed sales report and market data and actively participated in online Marketing Plan, Sales, Promotions and Execution process.
- Proven record of outstanding customer-service and proactively generated customers' interest and resolved customer-conflicts in complex situations.
- Worked with other business partners and affiliates to ensure efficiency, productivity, profitability and sustainability without compromising higher quality and outstanding service.
- Have always taken initiative, displayed necessary leadership, demonstrated strong sense of task-ownership and gone extra miles to get things done.
Selenium, Appium, HP UFT/QTP, HP ALM/QC, TestComplete, Cucumber
VB script, Java Script, PHP, Python, Gherkin
Java, PHP, VBScript, C/C , PL/SQL, Python
Oracle SQL , MS SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL, SPSS
Windows, UNIX, LINUX, MAC OS X, Android OS, iOS
Desktop, Enterprise, Mobile, Hybrid, Native, Web
Version Control Tools
SVN, GitHub, HP ALM
Bug Reporting Tools
JIRA, PractiTest, HP Quality Center/ALM , MS Excel, MS SharePoint
HTML, CSS, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, X-Code, Android SDK, Jira, Ansana