- Around 7 years of extensive experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing in Client/Server, Web based applications, ETL and ERP applications.
- Expertise in Functional testing, Unit testing, End to End E2E testing, UAT testing, Integration testing, Data Driven Testing, Regression testing, Black box testing, White box testing, GUI testing, Back-end testing, Browser compatibility testing, Load/ Performance testing in different stage of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC using, Quick Test Pro, HP Quality Center, Dimensions.
- Expertise in preparing Test Documentation, Test plans, Test Scenarios, defining Test cases, performing Verification and Validation, maintaining test scripts, analyzing bugs, interacting with other Team members, Developers and users to debug the errors.
- Extensive experience in both manual and automated testing.
- Experience with Back-end Database Testing using SQL Queries.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Software Testing Life Cycle Methodologies, and Defect Management Life Cycle.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Sets and Test Scripts using HP Quality Center Test Director .
- Participated in Walkthroughs of Requirement Specifications.
- Strong knowledge in analysis of Defect Severity, Defect Priority, Defect tracking system and Defect Reporting.
- Basic Knowledge statistical management, quality improvement and SAS software.
- Reviewed the Requirements for testability, conducted walkthroughs with Analysts, Developers and other team members, and meeting with clients whenever needed for better understanding on customer experience
- Experienced in working with business analysts, development, Client groups in analyzing business specifications and in Working with other testers to resolve technical and end-user issues.
- Self-starter and ability to adapt and learn new things Technologies Quickly.
- Excellent understanding of documentation in testing environment.
- Good Team player and also have ability to work independently in time sensitive environment.
- Good organizational and communication skills, with the ability to express technical concepts verbally and in written
MS DOS, Windows NT/2000/ME/XP/Vista, Unix and Linux
C, JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL, CSS, HTML, DTML,SEO Search Engine Optimization
MSOffice Word 2010, Excel 2010,Power point
Oracle 9i/10g/11g , MS Access, MS SQL Server 2005, My SQL
|Version Control Software|| |
IBM Rational Clear Case, MS Visual Source Safe 6.0.
|Defect Tracking Tool|| |
Quality Center 10.0, Test Director, Rational Clear Quest, Test link Test management tool
|Automation Tool|| |
Quick Test Pro QTP 10.x/9.x/8.x.
Role : QA analyst
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents to create detailed test plans for impacted projects.
- Created test cases/scripts in Quality Center based Impact Matrix, functional specifications and/or process requirement.
- Used TSYS Card processing system to trigger credit cards, statements and validate the customer accounts.
- Wrote and Execute test scripts on assigned projects.
- Used in-house applications such as STAR and ACME for user acceptance testing.
- Performed extensive Internet Testing on one of the major partner Hyatt of the bank.
- Used the waterfall model and completed the tasks provided on time.
- Coordinated with BA, Development teams in, Project manager and team members to ensure full coverage of testing and test result validation.
- Performed User acceptance testing, Regression testing and Production and UAT Validation.
- Report, track and logged defects in Quality Center.
- Analyzed results for trends and significant variations made recommendations for improvement.
- Communicated regularly with project stakeholders and provide consistent follow up on the status of issues.
Environment: TYSYS, HP Quality center, Windows XP, MS office, Server Maintenance,
ROLE : QA Analyst
- Worked in Agile Scrum Environment-Maintain and update test plans, test cases, test environment, and testing software through life cycle
- Determined test approaches and methods-unit, integration, functional, system, security, load, usability tests.
- Identified the high-risk points and the priorities of the web based application
- Prepared Weekly status report for the QA manager.
- Reviewed test environment requirements.
- Interacted in regular meetings with BA, PM, QA to review requirements and discuss Test Cases.
- Designed the Test Plan and created Functional Test Cases in Mercury Quality Center MQC , based on the Vision Document which was reviewed by the stake holders and customers.
- Tested the installation of several builds of the application on different versions of the Windows OS.
- Performed extensive manual testing of the application to verify functionality of the Business Rules Engine.
- Performed Automation and Regression Testing using QTP and analyzed reports.
- Carried out Smoke Testing of new builds prior to manual/automated Functional and Regression testing.
- Planned the Test Approach for the application and provided estimates to the QA Lead on the staffing requirements for automating the tests
- Led the design, coordination and execution of User Acceptance Testing UAT with QA, BA and selected business users.
- Maintained and tracked UAT Bug Reports and coordinated with development team to ensure high priority bugs get fixed in a timely fashion.
- Defect tracking, submission, documentation and change requests were carried out using Clear Quest.
- Wrote SQL queries to query the company's database thus ensuring the functionality of the Web Reference module.
- Validated testing software requirements and Set schedule estimates, timelines, milestones
- Prepared and validate test plan documents and reports and evaluated them.
- Track problems/bugs and fixes. Report bugs, create and provide metrics on bugs, resolution turnaround and testing processes, including test cycle times
Environment: Windows 2000, Windows XP,Java, Oracle 10g, HP Quality Center, MS
ROLE : QA Analyst
- Created test plan and used it in conjunction with the test cases and test procedure which ensures the quality and reduces the risk of failure.
- Created test strategy for estimating the time required for testing and the entry and exit criteria for each test.
- Participated in team meeting, managed requirements into Mercury Quality Center, wrote test cases and selected test sets for different types of testing.
- Utilized Quick Test Professional to design, code, and maintain large data-driven scripts to perform new order processing and existing order modification. Relied heavily on the programming capabilities of the VBScript.
- Developed automation scripts using Quick Test Professional and integrated the script with master script.
- Expert in automating test cases using mercury tools like Quick Test Professional, Load runner and Quality Center.
- Defined UI checkpoints to check frames, complex tables, text boxes, buttons, radio buttons, lists, combo boxes, hypertext links, image links and images using Quick Test Professional.
- Parameterized the scripts to avoid code redundancy and hard coding of frequently changing values.
- Created Load runner automated script using VuGen and enhanced the script using appropriate functions like transactions and messages.
- Wrote SQL statements with Batch Processing to extract data from tables and to verify the output Data of the reports
- Actively participated in enhancement meetings to investigate software bugs and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Constant feedback was given to the development team and to the business analysts by conducting periodic meetings
Environment: Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, J2EE, Java, XML, Oracle, Windows XP,
Quick Test Professional.
- Conducted all phases of testing from initial phase of the project.
- Testing the application with proper documentation, and raising tickets in Unfuddle Web Project Management System .
- Closely communicating with the Off-Shore Team, while in the process of development.
- Updating the Data Course Schedules, Assignments, Quizzes, etc , which is collected thru various resources.
- Preparing Test Cases, and reporting to the development team using Load runner.
- Implementing load-balancing methodologies to generate records for the Database application.
- Using the plug-in like New Relic to monitor the load time of each page.
- Performing integration Testing and Functional Testing for the University.
- Working on the staging server to check all the features are functional before moving into production
- Used VB scripts to write test cases and executed through QTP.
- Performed training sessions for teaching assistants, instructors, staff and students and also collaborated with people from other departments.
- Organized meetings and conducted functional testing on different user roles.
- Coordinated with different department and also organized work plans, status reports, and evaluation graphs and presented to AQC committee members.
- Reporting bugs to development team and making sure the bugs are fixed in timely basis.
- Performed data accuracy, data validation, and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL Queries to check the data table on the Server.
- Conducted Integration, Functional, GUI, Regression, Smoke, Database Integrity and User-Acceptance UAT .
- Tracking the defects and prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases and reported defects through Mercury Quality Center.
- Coordinated work with Accounting, Admission, Human resources, and Organizational development department.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center ,Test Director, Java, Java script, Oracle8i, SQL,
PL/SQL, .NET, Web Logic Server, Windows 95/NT.
- Understanding and Analyzing the existing Hanover PMS Mainframes system
- Designed and developed the Test plan, Test Scripts and test strategies for the applications and executed them.
- Participated in Business/Development meetings to understand user requirements.
- Used Quality Center as repository for maintaining test cases, execution and tracking the defects and developed Test scenarios and Test cases using Quality Center
- Involved in User Interface, Functionality, Navigation, Volume, Load, Performance and Security testing, Beta Testing.
- Automated Test cases for the purpose of regression testing.
- Developed user defined functions to support automated scripts using QTP.
- Integration testing was done to ensure data processing, interface validity and proper communication among components of each application
- Prepared test data for positive and negative testing used in data driven testing for testing the application dynamically
- Performed Sanity testing for each new build of the application.
- Performed Load and Performance Testing to identify and report performance bottlenecks.
- Attended project meetings, release meetings, and QA status meetings.
- Performed Automation testing by using Quick Test Professional.
- Performed Data Driven Tests to validate the same scenario with different test data using Quick Test Professional.
- Used GUI, Bitmap and Text checkpoints in Quick Test Professional scripts for validations
Environment: Test Director 8.0, Quality Center 8.2,Quick test pro.
ROLE : QA Analyst
- Responsible for the Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Understand the existing Delphi application and the current business process.
- Analyze the requirements for the new web application.
- Reviewed the BRD and assisted the Business Analyst in getting the correct requirements.
- Participated in project meetings involving developers, BA and QA.
- Manually tested the different aspects of the whole application.
- Participated in End-End functional and Regression testing
- Participated in status review meetings for status reporting.
- Performed different kinds of testing such as Negative testing, Positive testing, Spot testing.
- Performed database testing by verifying the data in database using SQL queries.
- Reported issues identified during testing using Test Director and participated in defect triage meetings.
- Reviewed the work done by the team before giving any sign off.
Environment: Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, VB6.0, Java, Test director, Windows.