- Accomplished Software Testing professional with over 4 years experience in multi-domain Quality Assurance.
- Have extensive exposure in Software Development Life Cycle SDLC phases such as Requirements Analysis, Test Planning, Test Design Execution, Test Estimation, and Test Management.
- Experienced in preparing the Test Execution Reports, daily summary reports and minutes of memorandum.
- Expert in problem solving and Bug tracking Reports using Bug tracking Tools like Quality Center and Bugzilla.
- Experienced in testing the product both manually and automatically.
- Have diverse experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance with expert level skills in strategic areas of
- Functional Testing, Integration testing, System Testing and Regression Testing having executed on both Client server and Web based applications.
- Strong insight understanding of Logistics business domain and have good research and troubleshooting skills.
- Have hands on experience in Agile Scrum methodology.
- Expert in writing test cases with the goal of 100 coverage of the application and complete coverage of all requirements.
- Extensively used SQL, PL/SQL Oracle query for backend Database tables for Data Validation and Verification.
- Extensively involved in Smoke, Functional, Black box, Grey box, Regression, Backend Database Testing , Stress, Security and UAT testing.
- Experienced in using Quick Test Professional QTP in Client Server, Web and Windows for the applications.
- Ability to work well in team environment, under deadlines in dynamic environment.
- Possess strong work ethic and a commitment to produce high-quality software.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Analytical, Decision-Making and Organizational Skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with testers, developers and business analysts in testing complex and large projects and maintaining detail QA documentation.
Test Management Tools
Defect Tracking Tools
Front - End Tools
QTP, Mercury Quality Center, Selenium lDE/RC/Webdriver/Grid, Load Runner, Silk Performer.
Mercury Quality Center.
HP ALM/Quality Center, Bugzilla
MS Excel, MS Office, MS Project
VBScript, C, SQL, Shell script , JUnit
HTML, XML, Java script
SQL Server, MySQL
MS-Windows NT 4.0, MS-Windows '95/98/XP/Vista, MS-Windows 2000/03,
MS-DOS, Unix, Linux
Adobe Acrobat 5.0/9.0 Flash, MS-Visio 2003/2007, MS-Project 2003/2007
- Participated in the development of test plans based on User requirement and Software Requirement Specifications to include scope of testing, test objectives, test approach, test data, methodology, pass/fail and resumption criteria, test risks and assumptions and limitations.
- Analyzed the Software Requirements Specification SRS , Functional specification, Design Specification and User Requirement Specification URS .
- Managed tracked Test Deliverables during Test Execution.
- Analyzed, designed and built testing procedures that deliver client's goals and provided clients with maximum value and add into Quality Center.
- Reviewed and verified for adequacy of software life cycle documents e.g. Software Development Plan, Functional Specifications, Risk Management Plan, Deployment Guide, and User Manual etc. and release management for all projects.
- Executed System Testing, Compatibility Testing, Regression testing, Integration Testing extensively using Quality Center.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Quality Center for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up the bug life cycle.
- Extensively used SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle query for backend Database tables for Data Validation and Verification.
- Checked database to determine successful transaction of test data from the application by establishing connectivity using SQL commands.
- Validating all the issues returned from developers and performed regression testing on new builds.
- Analyzed production statistics and created test target metrics and have them approved by all parties involved.
- Developed and executed SQL Queries to perform backend database testing.
- Collected and analyzed test results and compared them against the target metrics to determine the pass/fail.
- Validated results, reported discrepancies and followed through to ensure that all issues are resolved. Responsible for updating project status to project manager and team.
- Designed and documented Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and Test Strategies based on business requirements and Design documents for Credit Card Online application.
- Worked with the Developers and the test lead to verify the Test Cases.
- Executed manual test cases, tracked and logged the defects.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Performed Integration, System Integration, End to End and User Acceptance testing for the data services.
- Performed Functional testing, Performance testing and Regression testing to see the entire functionality.
- Integrated the QTP scripts with HP Quality Center.
- Created the necessary test data to execute the automated scripts as external data sheets and imported the data sheets into the test scripts.
- Recorded scripts in QTP to perform Functionality testing.
- Creating scripts to generate new keywords for input, output and validation using QTP.
- Used Parameterization for using various data to test the application using QTP.
- Extensively worked on debugging, modifying and enhancing the automation scripts in order to optimize for better performance.
- Inserted Check Points and synchronization point to identify the specified Object in Application.
- Executed SQL Queries to perform backend database testing.
- Used Joins like Inner and Outer joins while testing from multiple tables.
- Performed Data Driven Tests to validate the same scenario with different test data using Quick Test Professional.
- Used Bugzilla for defect Tracking and Reporting.
- Generated enhanced graphs and reports.
- Provided weekly management status reports and coordinated meetings between test team and development team to review defects.
Environment: QTP, JUnit, HTML, .NET, VB script, MS-Office, MySQL, SQL Server, Power shell, Visual studio, Loadrunner, Quality Center, Bugzilla.
Junior Software Tester
- Participated in Requirement review meetings and analyzed the Business Requirements.
- Developed Test plan and Test cases based on requirements and the use cases provided.
- Performed Verification, Validation of Input data before loading into target database.
- Uploaded test cases to the Test Plan Module in Quality Center from test case template.
- Created test sets in Test Lab Module and executed the test cases against the application.
- Involved in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing.
- Logged the defects in Quality Center and assigned them to corresponding developers.
- Generated reports defects and test case execution on daily basis to track the progress of the project.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to perform backend database testing.
- Reviewed the defects with concerned developers and Team leads.
Environment: Windows XP, HP Quality Center, SQL, Oracle, Java, IE, Java script, Agile.
Junior Manual Tester
- Analyzed the business requirements and involved in the review discussions.
- Participated in the QA activities for various releases in the Project.
- Performed System and Integration Testing.
- Involved in Manual Testing of the application for Negative and Positive scenarios.
- Mentored the team members with business functionality.
- Performed the Regression Testing to make sure that the bug has been fixed and the application was running properly.
- Extensively involved in executing, analyzing and verifying test results and worked with developers to resolve issues.
- Wrote SQL statements to extract Data and verified the output Data of the reports.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix RTM to establish traceability between requirements and test cases.
- Modified and maintained test cases due to changes in the requirements.
- Detected, reported and classified bugs in Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center for managing test execution and defect tracking of all issues.
- Attended formal walkthroughs and participated in status meetings.
Environment: Windows, SQL Server, Oracle, TOAD, Visual Basic, WinRunner, and Quality Center.