Motivated, experienced, and versatile computer security professional. Interested in learning and applying new technologies and troubleshooting security systems.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND PERSONAL STRENGTHS
- JAVA Programming
- C, C Programming
- Hardware Troubleshooting
- Software Support Training
- Software Installation
- Experience with Microsoft Operating System from 2000 to Windows 8.1
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2013 and earlier
- Experience with Linux operating environment
- Experience with the Android Operating System
- Experience with Cisco IP Telephony and router interface
- Maturity to interface effectively and assist all levels of users
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems from NT to Server 2012 R2
- Maintenance of servers within the SCDOR environment
- Maintaining a security baseline across all workstations and servers through Group Policy Objects GPOs
- Development of documentation for implementation of technologies such as BitLocker and PKI
- Part of a team deploying a new environment from scratch with security and data protection as the main focus
- Maintaining a patching baseline across all devices within the environment with verification by Nessus
- Powershell scripting for Active Directory queries and management
- Create and modify Nessus .audit files to account for environment specific variables
- QA products made by Tenable such as Log Correlation Engine, Nessus, SecurityCenter, Passive Vulnerability Scanner, and Tenable Hardware appliance
- Focused mainly on Nessus testing and the Operating Systems it can be installed on
- Creation of test scenarios for new versions of the previously mentioned products.
- Creation of test scripts if needed to ensure proper testing of changes made to the software
- Working remotely with weekly team meetings and status calls with team leaders and managers.
- Developed a unifying database to improve efficiencies within team processes
- Deployed Tenable SecurityCenter 4 with supporting Nessus scanners
- Administrator of Tenable SecurityCenter 4
- Assisted with Tricare and Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services compliance audits
- nCircle IP360 site manager
- Tenable Certified Product Administrator course completed
- Experience with eEye Retina Network Security Scanner and eEye Retina Enterprise Manager
- Experience with Python Scripting for API calls
- Effectively troubleshoot and fix software problems that arise on student and faculty computers throughout campus.
- Conduct preventive maintenance on computers by tearing them down, dusting and cleaning them up and restoring them back to original condition.
- Involved in project to replace and set up over 200 faculty and staff computers campus-wide to upgrade technology. Includes setting up the new hardware and ensuring complete data transfer.
- Replace motherboards and hard drives on Lab or Faculty/Staff computers when called for.
- Utilize imaging and cloning of computers to more rapidly deploy new computers.
- Perform maintenance on faculty and student computers including cleaning viruses/spyware, backing up, wiping, and reinstalling operating systems.
- Problem solve issues dealing with printers/faxes/scanners and electronic boards and projectors that have any networking problems throughout campus.