Self-motivated and solution-focused Quality Assurance Professional with over 7 years of experience in testing of Client Server and Web-based applications in various platform environments. Proven ability to learn new business systems and processes and consistently meet deadlines both independently and as an integral part of a software development team.
- Over 7 years of experience in Manual Testing involving Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Unit Testing, GUI Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Comprehensive understanding of Software Development and Testing Life Cycle following Agile practices.
- Extensive experience with Business Requirements Analysis, Design Assessment, and walkthrough meetings with business analysts to develop an expansive coverage of test scenarios to ensure delivery of quality product.
- Expertise in developing effective and efficient Test Plans, Test Objectives, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and Test Metrics to pinpoint software defects and validate functionality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Test Manager and Team Foundation Server, as well as HP Quick Test Professional and Quality Center
- Participate in Daily Scrum/stand-up meetings, Sprint Planning meetings, and Retrospective meetings.
- Expansive knowledge in Relational Database Management Systems RDBMS .
- Performed Backend Testing by developing and executing complex SQL Queries.
- Excellent track record of successful completion under tight deadlines.
- Proven team player with the ability to work independently on multiple concurrent tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills Critical listener Inventive with excellent problem-solving skills and strong analytical skills.
- Strong desire to integrate QA skills into Healthcare domain.
Microsoft Test Manager, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, HP Quick Test Professional, HP Quality Center.
Defect Reporting Tools
HP Quality Center/TestDirector, JIRA Rational Clear Quest, and Bugzilla
Windows NT/XP/Vista/7, UNIX Sun Solaris , Win Mobile, iOS, Android, J2ME, J2EE, TCP/IP, FTP, and SSH
DBMS / RDBMS
Oracle Database, TOAD for Oracle, Oracle SQL Developer, DB2, SQL Server, and MS-Access
Microsoft Share Point, SoapUI 2.0.2, Altova XMLSpy XML Editor, API Test, VMWare, and MS Visio
Web Logic, Apache WebSphere, JBOSS, Java, JDBC
ASP, HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, HTTP, and HTTPS protocols
Project: Exceed A web-based billing application used by both producers and customers for policy payment functions. The application provides a user friendly interface to connect with rating and service applications.
Environment: Java, J2EE, XML, HTML, Oracle Developer, Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, VBScript, and Windows
- Enhanced test scripts with Checkpoints, Parameterization of data sets, and Synchronization.
- Defined critical functions of application and converted manual test cases into automated tests scripts using Quick Test Professional for Functional and Regression Testing applying Linear and Data Driven Frameworks.
- Contributed to Retrospective meetings at the end of each sprint to work to improve efficiencies in later sprints.
- Prepared Test Status Reports throughout the test execution process.
- Maintained constant communication with Developers to follow up on Defects/Issues.
- Managed the Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Tracked and reported defects using Quality Center.
- Executed test cases and procedures for Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Contribute in Sprint Planning meetings by analyzing Functional Requirements, Wire Frames, Design, and GUI Specifications in order to derive the test scenarios, test cases, and test data for each sprint.
- Participate in Daily Scrum meetings to discuss progress, issues, and deadlines
- Conducted Back-end Testing using SQL queries through Oracle Developer.
Project: Confidential is a master servicing application built on Oracle client/server technology. It combines Cashiering, Data Entry, Accounting, and Investor Reporting functions into one package. This is a step up from traditional loan servicing systems, providing the full support needed for the varied requirements of SBO relationships. Bank of America utilizes the SBO 2000 system for monthly reporting, remittance, and reconciliation.
Environment: Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Test Manager, .NET, C , Oracle Developer, Visual Basic, and Windows
- Participated in requirement and technical solution specifications review meetings to understand the application and functionality.
- Prepared System Integration Test plan that covers the testing scope for SBO 2000 and all downstream applications.
- Developed test cases in Microsoft Test Manager referencing requirement specifications and high-level design documents provided through Team Foundation Server.
- Worked with System Analyst and developers to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology and to resolve questions throughout the testing process.
- Participated in Daily Standup meetings and walkthroughs for weekly QA testing review.
- Identified, logged, and tracked issues through MTM.
- Ensured all testing standards were met.
- Updated Test plans for each release on TFS through Microsoft Test Manager.
- Used TOAD to query multiple databases and tables during validation process.
- Extensively performed various types of testing on client-side application including System Testing, Functionality Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, and GUI Testing.
- Added assertions in CUIT Builder of MTM Solution Explorer to enhance automation scripts.
- Actively involved in issue tracking review meetings, as well as reporting test metrics to higher management in a timely fashion.
Software Test Consultant
Project Description: Confidential is a Web-based service that simplifies ordering, network management, and reporting. It has several modules including E-Billing and Order Management. E-Billing via Portfolio provides invoice presentations online that can be downloaded into an Excel spreadsheet and allows customers to get their access and make a payment online.
- Participated in Business Requirements, Functional and Technical design document reviews.
- Attended team meetings with developers and business analysts and provided feedback and suggestions to understand the test requirements effectively.
- Conducted Smoke Testing to ensure minimum expected system behavior.
- Involved in Manual and Automated testing of the front-end application.
- Utilized HP Quality Center for developing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Sets, and updating Test results.
- Generated Test Analysis Reports and Graphs through QC Dashboard Module.
- Attended defect status meetings and weekly team status meetings for reporting testing status and shared ideas for improved testing efforts.
- Created Defects and tracked status within Quality Center.
- Wrote SQL queries for Backend testing and checking the output of various reports.
- Performed comprehensive System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, and User Acceptance testing UAT .
- Extensively involved in developing, executing, and analyzing Test Scripts for all the projects using QTP.
- Performed Data Validation and Data Integration for Back End Testing using SQL Queries.
Project Description: Confidential is one of the leading credit card companies in the world. They provide their Card members with Cashback Bonus Rewards. Reward amount is calculated based on the QPA Qualified Purchase Amount. The objective of this project is to create a reward product that increases the flexibility and appeal to the Card member by allowing them to have more control over when they redeem their reward. The enhancements to the rewards system will make the rewards program more attractive in the market place.
- Analyzed the Functional Requirements and Design documents to ensure that the system met all the technical and business requirements.
- Developed and executed complex SQL queries in Oracle SQL Developer during backend testing to create and modify test data, and to verify that the database updates, inserts, and deletes records accurately.
- Analyzed multiple input systems to create and modify test data.
- Managed manual testing for the entire application within Quality Center.
- Prepared test related documents including Test Plan, Test Procedures, and Test Cases.
- Worked with the SMEs to write requirements and design test scenarios related to the application under test.
- Performed data validation via TOAD for Oracle
- Participated in weekly defect review/status meetings.
- Worked in a team environment performing varied daily tasks that require effective communication with project managers, developers, and business analysts.