Summary of Qualifications:
- An accomplished IT professional with referable experience in Manual Testing and Automated Testing of Client/Server and Web-Based applications.
- An energetic, team-oriented, and process-focused professional with excellent communication skills in Software Quality Assurance field.
- Experienced in working closely with users and business analysts, project managers, developers to understand requirements, business processes for testing and attending walkthroughs
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle SDLC and Software Testing Life Cycle STLC with emphasis on Testing and requirement gathering phases
- Experienced in reviewing and understanding business and testing requirements.
- Experienced in working in important phases of Testing Life Cycle
- Experienced in structuring test requirements, test methodologies, test planning, test case design, test procedures, test scenarios, and test scripts in black box testing.
- Experienced in developing test plans, test cases
- Experienced in Mainframe testing
- Experienced in analyzing system and application failures and bugs
- Experienced in using HP Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting the modification requests
- Experienced in using SQL for querying Databases
- Comfortable with UNIX platform, and experienced in Unix Commands and Vi Editor.
- Good Knowledge in ETL process and Data warehouses
- Hands on experience with Java based, .Net based Web Applications, and client-server applications.
- Worked in SCRUM and Agile methodology of project development
- Expertise in Problem Solving and Defect Tracking Reports using Bug tracking Tools like Bugzilla and JIRA
- Sound knowledge of estimates and offshore coordination
- Good knowledge in web servers, application servers, relational database technologies and network components
- Experience with Waterfall, V-Model and Agile process
- Experience in developing and executing queries for SQL server and Oracle databases for back end testing.
- Experienced in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix RTM to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements
- Extensive knowledge in gathering and understanding BRDs Business Requirements Document , FRDs Functional Requirements Document , SRS System Requirement Specifications and Use cases
Testing Tools: ALM HP Quality Center 11.0, HP Quality Center 10.0, UFT 11.5, Quick Test Professional QTP 11.0, QTP 10.0, QTP 9.0, TOAD, AutoSys, Crystal Report, Business Object, Serena Business Manager SBM
Databases Tools: MS SQL Server 2003/05, Oracle12g,11g,10g, MS Access, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012
Role: QA Analyst
- Analyzed the Business, Functional Requirements and Streamlined the Testing Activities
- Developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Detailed Test Cases based on the Use Case Documents, Business Requirements, and Functional Specifications.
- Working closely with Business Analysts on ambiguities in the FRDs.
- Responsible for writing the Test Cases and Test Scenarios based on the Functional Requirements and Use Case documents and documenting them in HP Quality Center Excel.
- Extensively involved in Manual/Functional Testing of the Web Based Applications
- Extensively tested Functionality of the Web Based applications, and UI Screens.
- Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Handled Defect life cycle process independently and handled issues by interacting closely with Business Analysts, Developers, Performance Testers, end users and other members of the Team.
- Performed all phases of End-to-End testing which includes Functional, Regression, GUI, System and Smoke testing of the application and its interfaces Client-Server Utilities
- Performed data integrity and data validation by writing SQL queries in TOAD for RDBMS Oracle.
- Tested various menus, options and utilities and Executed VB Scripts developed in QTP.
- Defect detection, reporting and tracking was done using Rational Clear Quest.
- Tested Functional Requirements manually to check the website performance.
- Used Quality Center for generating Requirements, Test Sets, and Test Plan and for reporting defects.
- Exported Test Requirements and Test Cases from Microsoft Excel and MS Word to Quality Center.
Environment: Windows OS, Oracle 9x, MS Access, VB, SQL, TOAD, RTM, QTP 9.2, Clear Quest, Req. pro, MS Office, Quality Center10, Agile, PVCS, MS-Excel, MS-Word
Role: Software Test Engineer
- Involved in planning, designing, developing and deploying testing strategies for Web based and Client server Applications.
- Well-versed with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC , Software Testing Life Cycle STLC for Manual and Bug Life Cycle and Scrum Methodology.
- Having sound knowledge of scripting using VBScript
- Writing, Reviewing Executing test cases for Functional, Integration, System, GUI, and UAT testing.
- Profound working knowledge in defect tracking tools Quality Center.
- Have good experience on testing Web 2.0 and web services using Soap UI.
- Extensively involved in writing execution of SQL statements for backend testing.
- Utilized HP Quality Center QC to log defects and manage changes in requirements.
- Good Exposure on Requirements Analyzing, Preparing the Test plan and estimate Testing Effort.
- Hands on Experience on Test cases, Automated Tests and Test Data and Good expertise in reviews of various Testing Documents.
Environment: Quick Test Pro10, Quality Center10, SQL, J2EE, JAVA, VBScript, Windows XP, LoadRunner
Role: Software Test Engineer
- Involved in gathering Requirements specifications and requirements from development personnel and business prior to System Testing.
- Interacted with end users to obtain specific system requirements and developed test plans, test cases and test Scenarios to cover overall quality assurance testing
- Wrote Test cases for manual testing
- Wrote Test analysis report.
- Went through the application coded in Java to perform backend testing to check data integrity
- Primary responsibility was to perform backend testing and used SQL queries to extract data from the Oracle database and check out for DML anomalies.
- Performed Data driven testing to test financial data in Oracle database.
- Conducted System Testing, Functionality Testing, User Acceptance testing and Configuration Testing including Black Box
- Used Load Runner for Performance Stress testing and analyzed the response times of the business transactions under load.
- Responsible for keeping test schedule and updating weekly status to manager.
- Developed and executed test suites and operation scenarios to detect report and track defects using Test Director.
Environment: Java, XML, Soup UI, Unix, Windows XP, Microsoft Office Share Point, Microsoft virtual PC 2007, QTP 10, VBScript, Mercury Quality Center 10
Role: Software Test Engineer
- Created new test cases using requirement specifications and use cases, in consultation with business analysts
- Prepared various sections of the test plan
- Tested the application functionalities performed different test procedures for each development release: smoke testing, black box testing, regression testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Reported tracked defects worked with developers to resolve problems
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix RTM
- Worked in an agile environment
- Worked with Quality Center components: test plan, test lab and defects
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, VB Script, XML, AFE, B2C, TRONweb, MS .NET, Java, Oracle, AIX
Role: Software Test Engineer
- Involved in developing test plans by understanding the User Requirements and business logic to enable manual testing of application
- Discussed and worked with business analyst team to gather detail functionality.
- Performed manual testing considering the base line of developed test plan and test cases Functional, System and Integration testing of the application
- Updated status to the QA Manager as and when needed considering both positive and negative scenarios.
- An executed test case developed by self or peers. Compared and analyzed actual to expected results and reported all deviations for resolution. .
- Performed Integration, System and UAT testing
- Used Test Director to document the test data for all the manual tests
- Identified defects and logged and tracked all new and existing ones
Environment: Quality Center 9.2, QTP 9.2, MS Office, XML, SQL, Internet Explorer, Visio, UNIX and Windows OS