- Involved in Walkthroughs, Review Meetings with ProductOwners to develop Use Cases.
- Partner with Project Managers, Developers and Business Analyst to identify needs, doubts, or errors and make suggestions to improve requirements.
- Document and provide reports on defect status, root cause Analysis, prioritization of testing efforts, test case planning, execution, and issue resolution.
- Oversee and develop standard testing documentation such as Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test cases, Progress reports Defect tracking reports, Test Summary document, Statistical Reports and other required Project Artifacts.
- Responsible for creating recurrence test methodologies and testing automation using tools like Quality Center, QTP and Load Runner.
- Effectively lead and manage software testing teamsin-house and off shore, across multiple projects meeting customer requirements and business objectives.
- Involved in Complete Software Development Life Cycle SDLC , Software Testing Life Cycle STLC and Defect life cycle.
- Over twenty years of IT experience in QA, RDBMS/SQL,Business Object Reporting, Networking, Operating Systems and Training. Over 12years of Software Quality Assurance and testing experience in a wide variety of environments of Windows and Unix/Linux.And more than 8years as a QA Engineer, Project Lead and Business Analyst.Extensive knowledge inFinancial Billing, Medical claims, Healthcare, Banking and Insurance industry. Objectives: Highly experienced in creating Business Requirement Document BRD , Functional Requirement Documents FRD and High Level Design Document HLD .
- Involved in Integration, System, User Acceptance and Regression phase of Testing.
- Involved in deployment activities and perform Smoke Test for the deployments on different Dev/Test and UAT environments.
- Involved in different testing methodologies such as Waterfall, V model and Agile. Worked as a Scrum Master for Agile testing process.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix and Quality Matrix for projects.
- Support and trained other team members within the organization.
- Windows, Unix, Linux HP Quality Center, QTP, Load Runner, Test Director
- Oracle 10g, Toad for Oracle Rational Clear Quest, Requisite Pro, Clear Case
- Windows Server 2000/2003 SQL queries and scripts
- SharePoint 2007 Implementation Oracle BEA Web Logic 8.x
- Crystal Reports 10, XI JIRA for Defect Management
- Microsoft Project, Visio, Office People soft HR finances
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP,SMTP In-house Healthcare related applications for CMS, Medicaid
- Health Connect EPIC Curam for Department of Human Services
Senior QA Specialist
Project Description: Out of the box Curam software customizations to cater the needs of the State's Department of Human Services thatprovide financial assistance based on complex eligibility rules. The project utilized healthcare policies, Financials, Data Conversion and External Interfaces of several legacysystems to provide an integrated system that combined all the modules under one application. Responsibilities: Validate project specifications including business and functional requirement, user specifications and architecture to ensure specification are met and tested completely Executing the automated scripts and storing the results in QC/ALM.
Kaiser Permanente Senior QA Lead
- To ensure their Sales and Billing applications are tested as per requirements of their expanding business. Design, plan, execute, test and analyze customizations to in-house applications.
- Involved in SOA/Web services / Web-based testing using SOAP and REST. Identify and Automate as much of the manual testing effort as possible while implementing a repeatable highly reusable framework.
- Expertise writing Automation scripts Using descriptive programming and VB Scripts through QTP for web applications.
- Extensive experience working with, validation and testing Clinicals, Ancillary and source systems interfacing with Benefits System, Provider Systems, Membership Systems, Claims Adjudication System, ICD 10 and HIPAA 5010 migrations.
- Create System, functional, integration regression test cases from all available documentation including Visio diagrams, UML, State charts, requirements and design documents.
- Coordinate efforts between enterprise test team and offshore product development teams.
- Write SQL queries to manipulate data for Data Warehousing test execution in both Oracle and SQL Servers. Schedule DTS and ETL packagesfor back-end testing strategies and BI testing. Also used Excel for extensive LOOKUP functions, Pivot Tables, Data Consolidation and Macros.
- Install and Setup Mercury Automation tools. Administer and manage QTP/UFT, QC/ALM and Load Runner by creating projects in different domains, giving specific users the rights and permissions to log and manage their own qtp scripts, test plans and defects.
- Involved with the Businesses to assist in End to End Interface testing.
- Used REST for Web Services testing of the OPUS Project that involved consolidation of Sales, Billing, Reporting.
- Manage Dev/QA/Prod environments and schedule releases and builds as per the policies.
- Document defects using Quality Center/ ALM, setting priorities, severity, and other relevant criteria.
- Overlook the Load testing effort of the application using Load Runner connecting via Citrix. Create and present reports to validate system's performance results.
- Ensure that development and test team followed SOX and Change Control procedures.
- Take ownership of the project and assure every step of the SDLC is implemented in an organized way which is well communicated and documented.
- Involved in SOA discussions for ORACLE implementation.
- Generate Reports for the management and stake holders on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate with the users and help them run UAT tests for all end to end testing.
- Discussing test results with developers and project team members to isolate defects and problem resolution.
Tek Strategy Business Analyst
- Analyze the Functional Requirements and Design Specifications documents to ensure that the system met all of the technical and business requirements.
- Involved in Analysis of system requirements, and developing detailed test plans for ACH payments on Mainframe.
- Involved in Manual and Regression testing, and System testing during various phases of the development for performance, reliability, GUI, and security functionality.
- Investigate software bugs and interact with developers to resolve technical issues using Defect Tacking tools.
- Responsible for weekly status updates showing the progress of the Manual testing effort and open issues to be resolved. Uncover, report, track, and follow-up on system defects to Project Manager, Developers, and other QA/Test Team members.
- ProduceProblem Status and Test Status Reports.
- Documentation of Requirements using structured techniques for analysis, evaluation/ validation.
- Participate in internal QA review and post implementation support and system enhancements. Identify and suggest areas of improvement.
- Decomposition of high- level information into details, abstracting low- level information, distinguishing requests vs needs, distinguishing requirements vs. solutions.
- Identifying risks, applying creativity to solving complex problems.
- Write product documentation, including online help, print user manual, and training materials. Conduct on-site user training.
- Ensure that the team followed CMMI procedures.
- Instructing and delivering CourseCurriculum to college students and professionals in the field of Windows Networking, Quality Assurance using Quality Center and Quick Test Professional, now called as ALM and UFT.
- Setting up, configuring, installing operating systems and software for the classrooms.
- Preparing PowerPoint slides for each module of the track being delivered.
- Create course material and handouts for the participants
- Designing and administering lab work.