To obtain a position as Software Quality Assurance Analyst that provides challenging career opportunity to utilize my prior experience and prospectsto enhance my skills and grow in the organization.
- 6+ years of experience in the field of IT with emphasis on testing of web based applications and data warehousing applications, excellent knowledge of all phases of SDLC and experienced in Water Fall, Agile and iterative methodologies. Experienced in functional, integration and performance testing and knowledge of key quality metrics.
- Experienced in designing test plans, test cases, verifying and validating applications and creating documents based on defined standards.
- Experienced in using both manual and automated testing tools to troubleshoot systems, integration, regressing and user acceptance testing.
- Proficient in full life cycle testing from test planning to defect tracking
- Extensive experience in coordinating testing effort, responsible for test deliverables, status reporting to management and issue escalations
Testing Tools:QuickTest Pro, LoadRunner, Win Runner, Quality Center Platforms:Windows, Linux, UNIX Databases:Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL Languages:HTML, SQL Software:Microsoft Office Suite Data Warehousing Tools:Informatica Power Center, Business Objects, Ab Initio
Confidential, MadisonWI September 2008 - July 2011 QA Analyst Confidential is a Fortune 500 private mutual company that focuses on property, casualty and auto insurance, but also offers commercial insurance, life, health, and homeowners coverage, as well as investment and retirement-planning products. During my tenure with AmFam I worked on the following projects:
Guidewire Policy Administration and Billing Systemthis project was implementation of new policy and billing system that handled both personal and commercial lines insurance. My job responsibility on this project included:
- Analyzing system requirements and documenting entire software testing process accordingly
- Testing of Guidewire UI, rules and integration processes.
- Development and execution of detailed test plans and fixing defects
- Development of SQL scripts to validate the data
- Creating scripts for testing using LoadRunner
- Fixing tracked bugs using Clear Quest and maintain reports on resolved bugs
Technology Environment: Guidewire Application HP Quality Test Pro, HP LoadRunner, Rally, Oracle Database, SQL*Plus
Confidential Business Analytics Project - Confidential is company wide IT transformation program and I worked as QA Analyst on the business analytics project that involved building state of the art data warehousing platform to support regulatory reporting and analytics using agile methodology. I was part of the Policy and Earned Premium scrum team. My responsibility on the project included:
- Assisting in the implementation of QA processes to ensure correctness of data flowing through each stage of the Informaticabased ETL process
- Participating in the requirements, design, and release readiness reviews
- Creating and maintaining test documentation and test plans
- Working with the development team to create a suite of test data to exercises data validation and actual ETL functionality
- Creating SQL Queries to validate data between source and target systems
- Validate the Business Objects report and compare them to the legacy mainframe reports
Technology Environment: HP Quality Center, Informatica Power Center, Oracle, SQL*Plus, Linux, Rally, Business Objects
Confidential Chicago,IL July 2005 - August 2007 Confidential is a IT consulting company based in Chicago, IL and provides consulting services in design, development and implementation of software systems. During my employment with Clarity I worked on the following projects:
Marketing Information Management Project- worked as Testing Analyst at US Cellular in Chicago, IL on a project that was used for customer interaction management and provided input to various marketing campaign initiatives. My responsibility on the project included:
- Developing test plan and test strategy.
- Review of the test cases written for unit and integration level.
- Integrating the test scripts written for individual units
- Analyze and write detailed specifications and Test Requirements using Test Director.
- Writing Test scripts and functions wherever necessary for various units of the business modules.
- Effective coordination between development team and testing team.
Technology Environment: Unix, Oracle Database, SQL, Load Runner
Education: Master's Degree in Education References: Available upon request