- Over 5+ years of experience as a software quality analyst in analyzing business requirements, drafting test plans, creating detail test scenarios, developing Manual/Automated test scripts and generating Traceability Matrix for Web and Client/Server applications.
- Excellent understanding of Software QA Methodologies and experience in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in creating, maintaining and executing Test plans, Test cases and Test Scripts.
- Experience with executing test cases and defect management.
- Experience in Unit, System, Regression, User Acceptance, Database and Performance testing.
- Involved in design, development and execution of automation test plans, procedures, test scripts and Test Schedules/ Estimations. Generated test scripts using QTP for different projects.
- Hands on experience testing WEB applications in various browsers and multiple versions such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari.
- Experience with testing tools like HP Quality Center and QTP.
- Experience with UAT testing along with data setup, environment setup and coordination between users, Development, Business Analyst and Product Management teams.
- Experienced in database testing using SQL.
Windows 7/XP/2000/98, Unix.
Quick Test professional (QTP) 10.0/9.2/9.0 , HP Quality Center(QC) 10.0/9.2/9.0 ,Rational Clear Quest and Test Director7.0
MySQL, DB2, Oracle10, SQL Server, MS– Access.
MS Applications(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), MS Project, MS Visio
Confidential Charlotte, NC
- Analyzed the Business Requirements and closely worked with the Business Team to get the clarifications needed.
- Identified Test scenarios and draft Test cases focusing on system testing and integration testing.
- Reviewed Test Cases with Business team and all stake holders.
- Planned Test Execution activities to accomplish tasks on daily/weekly basis
- Executed the Test cases and review the results to get the Business approval for UAT
- Run defect triaging and review the Test Scenarios/ Test Cases with Business
- Worked with the Test lead to provide co-ordination between Technology and Business to ensure all the outstanding issues that are being addressed, fixed and retested.
- Worked with end users to generate UAT scripts and to successful completion of UAT testing
- Performed browser compatibility testing
- Performed the regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests
- Executed the automated regression test cases during every release and also executed the daily regression test suites
- After finding Defects from Regression Suit; Verified Defect Category and Assign them based on criteria via HP ALM 11.0
- Expert knowledge on daily status reporting and managed end to end testing from Test management tools like Quality Center.
- Involved in conducting daily defect tracking meeting keeping the business customers and the project management updated with the day-to-day progress of the test strategy.
- Worked with developers throughout Bug/Defect Life Cycle (BLC) and with Business Analyst & SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to verify & fix Defects
Environment: Quality Center, ALM, Oracle DB, MS Applications, Java and TOAD.
Confidential Iselin, NJ
- Created Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases by using requirement documents.
- Executed and maintained test cases for Web and Mobile applications.
- Tested mobile application on IOS and Android Devices.
- Performed System Integration Testing, Regression Testing.
- Executed SQL Queries for Data Verification and Data Validation at the Backend.
- Interacted with developers through all phases of testing to prioritize bug resolution.
- Worked in Agile methodology / Waterfall Methodology.
- Involved in deploying new build & Testing for new changes in the Application using TFS.
- Assisted UAT team by providing test data and test scripts.
- Prepared Test Matrix to reflect the number of test cases executed, number of errors found in the application and number of errors fixed by the developers.
- Performed defect discovery, verification and fix validation, and entered issues into Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Used TFS for defect tracking and reporting
- Environment: ALM 11.0, SharePoint, Win SCP, Windows 7, Win XP, http, html, Java, SOAP, Java script, SQL Dev, Toad for Oracle, Jmeter, JBOSS, Oracle11G,Unix, Putty, MS Word, Power Point, Ms Excel , Jemeter, IBM Web sphere WAS, Agile (Methodology)
Confidential , NY
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Document to understand the process and write Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Worked on complete life cycle of QA (including Test Planning, Test Execution, and Defect Resolution etc.).
- Conducted Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Data validation testing.
- Used Quality center to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests, executing tests.
- Wrote and Reviewed Test Cases and Uploaded Test Cases in Quality center.
- Seeded test cases into Test Plan module of Quality Center.
- Performed execution and logging defects in Quality Center and Verification of defects.
- Performed UAT testing by creating new business users, setting up all the required data, preferences and required permissions.
- Reported defects and interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Validated the web applications and business processes for work flows and data integrity.
- Updated the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), with Test Case id’s and make sure that all BR’s (Business requirements), TR’s (Technical Requirements) and Detail Design Requirements were mapped perfectly and all Requirements were covered with Test cases.
Environment: Quality Center10.0, QTP 10.0, Java, JSP, Web Services, MySQL.
Confidential Chicago IL
- Worked closely with the development and requirements team to gather business requirements and test data.
- Analyzed business requirement documents and developed test plans, which include the objectives, testing strategies, test environment, test scenarios, test conditions.
- Developed test cases based on the technical requirements and detailed design documents.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Created and executed Manual test cases using Rational Test Manager.
- Performed manual testing on different modules of the application.
- Reported defects to appropriate developer / business analyst using Rational Clear Quest and follow up accordingly until the issue gets resolved.
- Worked closely with the developers to resolve the design and development errors and to get the software released for system testing.
- Performed cross browser and cross platform testing.
- Involved in daily and weekly walkthrough of triage meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole (including the defect triage calls).
- Involved in tracking, reviewing, analyzing and comparing defects using Rational Clear Quest.
- Performed different types of testing like functional, smoke, user acceptance testing and regression testing.
- Performed the Backend testing of the application to develop and execute various SQL queries, to perform validity of the data.
Environment: .Net Framework, HP Quality Center, Clear Quest, Rational Requisite Pro, Quick Test pro9.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, SQL Server.