SUMMARY 6 years of experience in Software Testing, analysis, design, development, maintenance and production support. Technically proficient in Manual and Automated testing for client server, SOA and web based applications using various automated tools including WinRunner, QTP, Load Runner, and Quality Center. Executed various project using SDLC models including Waterfall, Agile Scrum, and Prototype models with emphasis on black box testing, functional testing, GUI testing, integration testing, system testing, regression testing, security testing and performance testing. Great analytical and problem solving skills; Work individually, as well as in team environment, to achieve project goals with quality. Well versed in quality processes including CMM-Level, ISO-9001 and Six Sigma. Easily interface with end users, technical team, business people with excellent communication.
Testing Tools: WinRunner 7.6, Load Runner 8.0, QTP 9.2, HP Quality Center, ClearQuest 7.1, Bugzilla, IBM Rational Functional Tester. Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Windows XP/VISTA/7, AIX 5.4 ML9, Sun Solaris10, Unix, Linux, Macintosh10.x Database: MS Access, DB2, Oracle 10i, MS SQL 2008 R2. Languages: C, C++, C#, VB 6.0, Java 1.6, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Java Script, Shell Script. WEB Technologies: XML, XSLT, XPATH, XSD, WSDL, SOAP and HTML. Others: CVS, MS Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook),MS Visio, Share point, MS Project, XPlanner, SQL Navigator 5, Toad 9.7, Altova XML Spy, Secure FTP, Secure Telnet, Remedy User 7.0.
Confidential - Seattle, WA June 2009 - Apr 2010 Role - Consultant, QA Analyst III
Regence BCBS is the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving 2.5 millions of Americans in four state (WA, OR, ID, UT) with a wide range of services including individual and group medical, dental, vision, life insurance, pharmacy benefit management, Medicare, and other government programs. The Transaction Management (TM) is enterprise messaging systems which get HIPAA EDI transactions from external trading partners (UHIN, WebMd, COBA, Office Ally, ACS, Availity, Blue Exchange and HMA) and send it to backend systems, adjudication and CPSS management system for 837 claims, 834 enrollment, 835 remittance, 820 premium payment and status check(27x) processing.
- Analyzed the business requirements and worked with system analyst and development team (onsite and offshore) for understanding the detailed system requirements.
- Created test plan, and test cases for different test phases.
- Performed manual as well as automated testing.
- Conducted functionality testing for web applications in .NET, online transactions verifications for OLTP databases in Development, TEST, SYS, PPMO and Production environments.
- Executed T-SQL Queries to check the table updates and verifying reports on OLAP database.
- Performed Compatibility testing and usability on various browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari) and operating systems to ensure excellent user acceptance.
- Performed Security testing using various ACL and user management to ensure the privacy and safety of the users.
- Test SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) interface for data warehousing.
- Developed C# code from scratch.
- Actively participated as a white box tester in testing different components for new builds.
- Conducted Sanity testing, Black box testing and Back-end testing.
- Performed Regression testing using QTP.
- Tracked defects closely coordinated with the System Analysts, project managers, and developers on a regular basis on defects status.
- Performed system and integration testing for Regence middleware systems.
- Created and executed scripts for automated testing.
- Involved in conducting meetings with the internal management to assist with enhancement requirement clarification, Data gathering and Feasibility studies.
- Taken ownership and proven satisfied the management team by discerning the business needs and achieving the required results in no time.
- Actively participated in weekly walkthroughs and inspections to verify the status of the testing effort and the project.
- Participated in Joint Application Design (JAD) in Agile Scrum environment.
- Extensively involved in different phases of testing includes Integration, Regression, System, User Acceptance Testing, Functional, Business, Configuration and Load testing.
Environment: Microsoft Excel,Load Runner, Quality Center, QTP, .NET, C#, XML, MS Project, Manual Testing, MS SQL 2008 R2, UNIX, SQL Navigator, Secure FTP, Altova XML Spy.
Confidential- Columbus, OH Feb 2008 - June 2009 Role - Consultant, QA Tester
Nationwide has developed IBS which is a leading insurance provider having facility of life insurance, Vehicle insurance, Reinsurance and Travel Insurance, which caters the needs of Travel, Personal Accident, Motor in a very standardized form in various countries through direct insurance companies. Provide quick business products and services distribution to agents and third party for eligible claims.
- Performed manual testing, automated testing, defect tracking, resolution of applications and solutions.
- Experience in writing test plans, defining test cases, designing test strategies, developing and maintaining automated test scripts, analyzing errors.
- Involved in white box testing.
- Executed SQL Queries to check the data table updates after test execution.
- Performed the Back end testing by using SQL and verified the data integrity.
- Developed Use Cases to highlight different requirements from the SRS (Software Requirement Specification) and SDS (Software Design Specification).
- Involved in writing comprehensive test plans based on business requirements and technical specifications.
- Involved in Performance testing to measure the applications response and performance under various load conditions using LoadRunner.
- Prepared and developed test cases, test scripts, and test approach documents.
- Created test cases and test procedures based on Functional Requirement.
- Prepared test data for test cases based on test plan and requirement document.
- Performed GUI Test, Functional test, Smoke test, User Acceptance testing (UAT), and System testing.
- Performed Black box testing, and White box testing.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing using WinRunner.
- Developed C# code.
- Involved in testing the loading of the Claim processing Data.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center.
- Extensively used Quality Center for reporting/tracking bugs and for document control.
- Extensively used Mercury Interactive testing suite Tools like WinRunner, QTP, Load Runner, Quality Center for various Web, Client Server and Legacy systems applications.
- Writing SQL and PL/SQL procedures to retrieve data from Sybase ASE tables.
Environment: Windows XP, Microsoft Excel, QTP, Quality Center, UNIX, Clear Quest, Manual Testing, Java, SQL, C++, XML.
Confidential - Pleasanton, CA Aug 2006 - Feb 2008 Role - Testing Team member, Consultant
Product Quality Partners has been providing custom test and quality assurance services to wireless device and technology specific industries since 1994 including mobile software, telecom, wireless devices, client/server enterprise, digital imaging, multimedia, wireless carriers and Ecosystems.
- Designed software QA methods and procedures for use by QA and development team.
- Developed Integration and System test Cases from Business and Technical Specifications.
- Prepared the Test Cases for the mobile applications and document them.
- Assembled software projects and installation packages.
- Interacted with developers to resolve application defects.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Performance and System & Integration Testing.
- Documented various processes & procedures followed during the Testing.
- Performed Integration testing, Build Verification testing, System testing manually.
- Responsible for defect tracking and reporting.
- Participated in the bug review meetings, updated requirement document as per business user feedback and changes in the functionality of the application.
- Organized meetings to discuss outstanding issues with QA team and developers.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing
Environment: UNIX, Sun Solaris 8, AIX 5.3, Microsoft Excel,Quality Center, Oracle 9i, SQL, C++, Java, Manual Testing, Secure Telnet, SSH2, Toad.
Confidential- Pune, India Jan 2005 - Aug 2006 Role - QA Tester and Analyst This is an on-line banking system used to get a host of banking services to be accessed using their 16 digit check/debit card and also on-line bill payment, for e.g. account balance status, transfer of funds between two accounts electronically, last three transaction details, standing instructions etc. This is Request and reply type package. As a QA Tester, involved in testing of all modules.
- Analyzed System Requirements developed Test Cases and updated the Test Cases on subsequent amendments.
- Co-coordinated testing efforts to high-level management and isolated root causes to resolve the issues.
- Performed Manual Testing and identified bugs and interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Used SQL Queries for checking database tables.
- Used SQL Queries for checking expected results in report match with actual results from the query.
- Used SQL extensively to format data and show it to users for UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Documented the test results and changes.
- Created TSL scripts to automate test cases using WinRunner.
- Performed Black Box testing from end user's perspective.
- Provided weekly updates status report.
- Interacted with team lead and developers to resolve the bugs.
- Involved in Black box and White box testing.
- Used Quality Center for Defect reporting, tracking & change management
Environment: Java, Web logic, XML, SOAP, SQL, UNIX, Microsoft Excel, Load Runner, Quality Center, Manual Testing.
Confidential, India June 2004 - Jan 2005 Role - Testing Team member
British Telecom Group (formerly British Telecommunications plc) is the privatized former state telecommunications operator in the United Kingdom and one of the world’s leading providers of global fixed line telecommunications services and broadband Internet provider serving customers in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
- Understanding the system requirements specification.
- Develop Test Cases from Business and Technical Specifications.
- Prepare the Test Cases for the telecom application and document them.
- Execute Test Cases and Report Defects on day to day basis.
- Interact with developers, analysts to track and resolve application defects thru ClearQuest.
- Document various processes and procedures followed during the Testing.
- Involved in various activities like writing Test Cases, executing Test Cases, reporting and resolving the software bugs.
- Performed data integrity testing to find out if the information was shared properly by all the different forms
- Performed sanity testing on each build, User Interface testing, Integration testing, Regression testing and also System testing
- Participated in team meetings, presentations and code walkthrough.
- Rewarded by a certificate for scoring 100% marks in security and privacy test.
Environment:Windows 2003, UNIX, Microsoft Excel, QTP, Test Director, HTML, Agile Scrum, Oracle 9i, SQL, Siebel One view, Manual Testing, Altova XML Spy.
EDUCATION Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science and Engineering
TRAININGS & WORKSHOPS
- Software Development Life Cycle & Testing Fundamentals
- Mercury Tools - Quality Center, Quick Test Pro & Load Runner
- XML, WSDL, XPATH, XSD, DTD, Oxygen XML