SUMMARY Quality Assurance engineer with over 7 years experience in testing web, client/server, business intelligence, and E-commerce software applications. Actively participated in all stages of software development lifecycle, including business analysis and testing in FDA, CMMI level and SOX-404 environments. Achieved diverse industry experience with strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Achieved complete understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), using Agile (scrum) and waterfall methodologies.
- Created, improved, and executed manual and automated test plans and test case covering End to End Business System Testing, black box, grey box, alpha/beta, stress, integration, regression, smoke, acceptance, Parallel Testing, Risk-Based Testing, Compatibility Testing, and also Web Services Testing using SoapUI & Rest
- Conducted functional testing on company's ERP system SAP (FICO and SD) module and to make sure, functionalities are working as per the requirement document.
- Skilled in requirements analysis, test plan documentation (coverage matrix), RACI, configuration management, change control, making Go/No-Go decisions, and deployment procedures.
- Developed Testing Framework to support integrated system solutions.
- Experienced in Capacity/Resource Planning and demonstrated Technical understanding of multiple facets software development.
- Teamed up with QA engineers and project owners to set up and evaluate milestone criteria to ensure released products/deliverables are on schedule and with high quality.
- Made sure that all bugs are well documented, reproducible, and addressed by engineers based on priorities.
- Guaranteed internal and external client satisfaction by making sure their requests are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Conducted data-tier testing using SQL queries in Oracle and SQL Server platforms.
TECHNICAL SKILLS Automated Testing Tools: Rational Suite including Rational Test Manager and Mercury Suite including QTP 9.1, Selenium IDE 3.0, Grinder (for performance test) Bug/Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, Test Director and Rational Clear Quest, Jira Databases: Oracle9i, MS Access, MS SQL 5.05 Database Tools: SQL, DB Visualizer, MS Query Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio MS Office Tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/9x, DOS, UNIX Solaris 2.6 Logging Tools: Putty, Chainsaw
EDUCATION M.B.A (with concentration of Information Systems) Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
Confidential 05/08 - Present Lead Software Quality Engineer FearNet, E-online, Mystyle, G4 Comcast Entertainment Group operates E! Entertainment Television, the 24-hour network with programming dedicated to the world of entertainment, and E! Online; the Style Network, the destination for women 18-49 with a passion for the best in relatable and inspiring lifestyle programming; G4, offering the last word on gaming, technology, animation, interactivity and "Internet culture" for the male 18-34 demo; and FearNet, a service of Horror Entertainment for any gender from 18 and up.
- Responsible for the quality release of a number of public CEG web properties, including E! Online, MyStyle, and FEARnet.com and Track the testing process by coordinating with Developers, User experience, and Product owners.
- Develop a detailed Master Test Plan and ensure its successful implementation, including the resulting test design and test cases.
- Involve 70% in Manual functionality and regression testing of current release via roadmap in Jira and 25-30% in creating, editing and maintaining automation regression test scripts via Selenium IDE and html.
- Participated in setting up test labs using automated regression and performance testing tools including Selenium IDE and Grinder.
- Create, edit and maintain regression automation test script for portal systems with a goal of 80%+ test case using Selenium IDE, scheduled to nightly run Master regression test suite using Test Runner automatically.
- Generate and analyze Test Runner and Grinder test results daily, coordinate and update development team and managers, after careful evaluation of reports to track any deviation of regression and performance tests.
- Responsible for the quality and release of a backend suite of UNIX- and web-based portal administration tools designed to assist production personnel in creating and cataloguing Blog- and media-based content for the public websites.
- Performed System integration, regression, black, and gray-box testing for all facets of the web-based front- and back-end UI over mainstream web browsers and data validation via DB Visualizer.
- Tested 3.0Gmobilehandset UI Testing (I Phone, I Pad, etc) and wireless PC application manual testing.
- Worked with Property Owners and Development within an Agile Sprint environment to identify requirements and create acceptance criteria.
- Administrated Jira bug tracking system so that we could track, manage and resolve ongoing coding issues; maintained release documentation notes for all project deliverables.
- Created and maintained manual and/or automated test scripts, test data, and other deliverables related to the software quality assurance (SQA) process.
- Effectively managed a team of QA analyst, testers on site and offshore through their day-to-day activities.
- Led daily QA stands up to discuss the updated status from the team on running projects, represented QA team in daily sprint meeting and provide status on QA testing efforts.
- Attend and represent QA Team in pre-planning, planning, and code freeze meetings to discuss the QA capacity and resources, Go/ No-go decisions.
- Participate and led QA team in release cycles, assigned task to the QA team and release reports.
- Provided update status and discuss the solutions with timeline on potential issues against all projects.
- Periodically daily perform test build environment.
Confidential 04/07 - 05/08 Lead QA Engineer Uber, Inc. owns and operates an Internet community. It helps users to discover, publish, collect, store, and share various forms of media contents. The company also helps to create customized pages without using HTML. In addition, it offers slide shows, blogs, and storage spaces.
- Tested site including Blogs, Videos, Picture Gallery, Styles and Music Bands on all browser including Internet Explorer, Fire Fox and Safari.
- Involved in all aspects of web-based applications including design, documentation, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Involved in Black Box and Grey Box testing of portal and front end sites in all different environments including test, development, staging and production for technical and functional issues.
- Designed a comprehensive testing plan.
- Created and executed test cases for smoke, sanity, integration, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Setting timing budgets to ensure timely delivery of commitments
- Mapping QA strategies for coders to follow Assisting programmers with alpha testing
- Attended meetings and daily stands up to discuss the updated status on running projects.
Achievements: Increased the overall QA productivity by 26% through implementing RCM doc. Methodology: Agile (Scrum) Environment: Web base, Oracle 9.1, .Net, SQL Queries, Perl, Flash, Ajax, Html, xml, MS Word, MS Excel.
Confidential 02/06 - 04/07 Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
- Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is the country's third-largest insurer of both private Personal Lines passenger automobile and homeowners insurance, and also provides a wide range of other insurances.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and Underwriting Rules, providing testing support for a J2EE web based front-end application to an IBM main frame.
- Involve in manual Black Box and Grey Box testing of the application and verification of the functionality of the application, provided integration and regression testing support in three different environments.
- Re-tested fixed anomalies before code deployment to the QA/Production environments.
- Assisted the QA and Production Support teams, analyzing and re-testing reported defects.
- Proactively mentored and trained two new additions to the development testing team.
- Reported defects using Mercury Quality Center.
Achievements: Assist in conducting training workshops for Agents & their staff and provide on-site support to the unit. Methodology: Waterfall Environment: Client Server, Web base, Java, SQL server, .Net, SQL, Oracle, XML, Q.C.
Confidential 01/05 - 02/06 QA Analyst (Philips Medical Systems) This business consists of automated external defibrillators (including the HeartStart Home Defibrillator) and electrocardiography (pagewriter touch). These products are targeted at healthcare providers including hospitals, outpatient clinics, physician offices, emergency rooms, and home-health services.
- Ensure the business and functional requirements objective are met the standard of FDA regulations frame work.
- Involve in the complete QA Lifecycle activities like Pre-testing phase, Acceptance Testing Phase, Testing Phase and also in User Acceptance Testing.
- Involve in setting up testing tools like Rational Clear Quest, Test Manager, Manual Tester and Testing Environment Including Windows NT, 2000, XP and 2003.
- Involve in manual Black Box testing of the application and verification of the functionality of the application as per the business requirements by using Rational Manual Tester.
- Responsible for carrying out manual testing and acceptance testing during various phases of testing.
- Used Rational Requisite Pro and Clear Quest for Requirements gathering planning, Test Plan Creation, and Defect Tracking.
- Wirelessly tested the major releases of application functionality for PageWriter Touch and TraceMasterVue platform.
Achievements: Organized & enhanced the entire manual test process and increased the productivity by 20%.Methodology: Waterfall Environment: Client Server, Win CE, Windows (98 -XP), SQL, MS Access, XML, C++, C Sharp, Clear Quest, Test Manager, Manual Tester.
Confidential, AZ 12/03-12/04 Software Quality Engineer (payment management center) PMC is playing a 3rd party role to over 200 customers in providing them a complete sophisticated platform to make their financial transactions by using Web Method servers and other technologies.
- Work with both development and QA team to design and implement testing/business requirements quickly and efficiently with a focus on Manual, Automation and documentation SAP FICO / SD.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure features/products achieve desired level of quality.
- Used Web Methods software and UNIX shell scripts
- Involve in manual Black Box testing of the application and verification of the functionalities.
- Actively participate in establishing project plans, estimating work and monitoring progress against milestones.
- Interacts with developers during appropriate stages of projects; participated in design and interface testing, participated and performed regression testing of software using QTP.
- Use Quality center workflows, detect bugs and change management
Achievements: Organized & drove an effort that enhanced an entire manual test process. Cut test costs by 38%. Methodology: Waterfall Environment: Client Server, Web base, SAP R/3, Oracle 9.1, SQL server, .Net, SQL, XML, QTP, Quality center, UNIX shell, Web Methods, Main Frame.
REFERENCES Will be furnished upon request