- Over 3 years of extensive experience in Software testing and Quality assurance (QA) which includes Manual and Automation testing with hands on experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Involved in the Development of test plans and test cases and possess expertise in Business Functional Testing, Black Box testing, White Box, System, Functional, Unit, Integration, Alpha test, Regression, Performance, Volume Testing, Stress Testing, Load Testing,User Acceptance, Component, Documentation testing. Involved in product based testing.
- Extended working experience to design, develop and execute software test plans, test scripts/cases, test specifications.
- Provided product training to technical documentation, marketing and sales teams in the organization.
- Experience in automated testing using Quick Test Pro (QTP 9.x), WinRunner and Test Director, Selenium and thorough knowledge in Load Runner, Rational Visual Test, Clear Quest, Segue's Silk, and Rational SQA Suite.
- Expertise in Database testing and Perl, Ruby Scripts. Specialized in Oracle 9i/8i, PL/SQL
- Proficiency in testing on Operating Systems Windows XP/2000/98/95, Windows NT, Solaris, UNIX, Linux.
- Development & Testing experience in Java, RMI, EJB, Servlets, Java Script, Web Services, JSP, ORACLE 9i/8i, PL/SQL and HTML.
- Excellent academic record with good interpersonal and communication skills, strong Mathematical background, committed, hard working, very good team player and willing to learn new technologies. Ability to work independently.
TECHNICAL SKILLS:TESTING TOOLS : QTP 9.5, Quality Center, Win Runner, Test Director, Selenium LANGUAGES : C, C++, Java, SQL and PL/SQL, Perl, Ruby DATABASE : Oracle, MySQL, PostGreSQL, MS SQL Server, Sybase WEB TECHNOLOGIES : JSP, Java Script, HTML, XML, VB Script JAVA TECHNOLOGIES : JDBC, Servlets, Applets NETWORKING :HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, TCP/IP, SSL SCRIPTING LANGUAGES : Perl, Ruby, VB Script, Java Script WEB SERVERS : Web Logic, Web Sphere, JBoss, Apache, Tomcat BUG TRACKING TOOLS : Bugzilla, Quality center, Test Director, Jira SOURCE CONTROL : Sub Version, VSS, Win CVS OPERATING SYSTEM : Solaris, Windows 2000/XP, UNIX, LINUX
QA Engineer, Confidential, Mountain View, CA Nov 2011 - Current Confidential is an interconnected network of experienced professionals from around the world, representing 170 industries and 200 countries. You can find, be introduced to, and collaborate with qualified professionals that you need to work with to accomplish your goals.
- Responsible for developing test plan and test cases
- Developed functional level test plan for jobs, complete Subscriptions Profile manager, Promo codes for subscriptions, subscription chooser page, OMS, CSTool, RSS feed for user group and company groups
- Developed functional/black box test cases for jobs, Subscriptions bookmarking, subscription chooser page OMS, CSTool, RSS feed for user group and company groups
- Responsible for regularly running smoke and sanity test for each release
- Performed Cross-Browser testing and reporting bugs into bug tracking tool (Jira)
- Responsible for testing the application for weekly releases
- Participated in bugs triage meetings and performed bug verification in a timely manner
- Responsible for doing back end validation testing using SQL
- Participated in team product requirement brain storm meetings
- Worked with developers and PM to understand product design, implementation and features
- Responsible for maintaining test cases in Test Link
- Excellent knowledge of UNIX commands required for performing day-to-day testing activities
- Involved in all phases of product testing
- Responsible for preparing, sending weekly reports to management
- Overall, worked a lot with developers in helping reproduction of bugs, re-running test cases, running automation scripts, giving test data
Environment: QA process, Agile and scrum methodology, Mac OS, Windows XP, Hudson, Test Link, JIRA, Spring, Ruby, Grails, MySQL, Oracle, HTML, Java Script, UNIX, SQL, Oracle SQL developer, IE, Firefox, Safari, Tomcat, Selenium, Firebug and XPath
QA Tester, Confidential, Columbus, OH Aug 2010 to Oct 2011 Confidential is one of the leading insurance companies providing auto and home insurance. The project has a web based application, which was developed to meet the on-line insurance requirements of automobile owners. Also worked exclusively on HMO module. Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) members select a Primary Care Physician who provides routine and preventive care and helps coordinate the member's total health care.
- Involved in design, construction and deployment phases of SDLC.
- Provided Technical Directions to team members asLead to meet the dead lines.
- Testing of the entire application.
- Involved in developing Test plans.
- Responsible for developing Test scripts.
- Created line placement scenario conditions for different lines of auto and property
- Insurance for multiple states.
- Responsible for Manual Testing, Integration Testing, Performance Testing.
- Developed base line scripts for testing the future releases of the application using
- Win Runner.
- Captured evidence and performed play back to verify the test scripts.
- Developed time estimates and provided with written status reports.
- Used SQL Queries.
- Used Test Director for Bug Tracking.
- Developed test plans and test data& executed with all phases of testing
- Interacting with developers for the savior priority bug issues.
- Involved in Web Content Testing and Web Page Testing.
- Provided test results to developers and testers for analysis.
Environment: PERL, EDI, Java (jdk 1.3), C++,VC++,JSP,MS-SQL Server 7.0, Oracle 8.1.6, Web Sphere, H.323,VOIP, Quality center 9.0, QTP 9.0, UNIX Shell scripting.
QA Engineer, Confidential, Atlanta, GA Mar 2009 to Jul 2010 The project was developed to enable the bank customers to access their various accounts over the web, account holders can handle their, accounts including saving, checking, money market accounts & credit card accounts. The application also allowed users to administer & monitor their account performance and activity electronically by having access to account balances, bill pay & transfer of funds & make changes in future allocations and personal information. Application also dealt with providing customer with services like ordering checks, requesting copies of checks & statements made in the past. Tested software's developed for various banks like Bank of America, SunTrust, WAMU.
- Involved in understanding functional requirement document and Business requirement document.
- Involved in black box type of testing where I was responsible for running registration, login, deposits and withdrawals for online banking system.
- Performed regression testing to make sure that any modifications in the product did not side effect the system, or caused any errors
- Involved in black box testing where I was responsible, for running registration, login test cases.
- Responsible for running forgot password test cases, transfer money from and into accounts test case.
- Involved in writing test plan for the testing cycle.
- Created and Performed Data Driven Testing.
- Tested backend database using SQL queries to carry out Regression test easily.
- Developed test cases & executed with all phases of testing.
- Interacting with developers for the savior priority bug issues.
- Extensively used Web functional test tools like Win Runner for Functional Testing
- Used Test director as defect tracking tool.
Environment: MS SQL Server 7.0, Oracle 8.1, Web Sphere, EDI, H.323, VOIP, Test Director 7.5, Win Runner 7.5, UNIX
References: Available upon request. Visa Status: Green Card (Eligible for US Citizenship)