Sr. Software Test Engineer Qualified and successful QA Test Engineer with over seven years of IT experience in leading industry mission critical teams, developing, testing, executing of project plans and liaising with clients to determine project needs for financial, Mortgage, eCommerce, Pharmaceutical, Software development and advance technology engineering organizations.
- Quality Assurance and Software Testing
- Software Requirements Analysis
- Test Documentations Proficiency
- Test Automation Expertise
- Test Tools Utilization
- Defect Management
- Experienced in reviewing Business Requirement Specifications (BRS), System Requirement Specifications (SRS), Architecture Design Document (ADD) and use case document to set testing strategy and objectives
- Leverage technical expertise to perform systems integration, application testing, software development, and configuration activities to ensure superior solution delivery
- Expertise in the Agile, V-Shaped, and Waterfall SDLC methodologies to perform system Design, Develop, Execution, Maintenance, and Deliverables
- Expertise in developing Test Strategy, Test plan, Test Cases and Procedures, Test Execution, and Test Analysis Report (TAR)
- Proficient in performing System Testing, Beta Testing, Regression Testing, End-to-End Testing, Smoke Testing, Functionality Testing, Compatibility Testing
- Extensively experienced using Functional Automated Testing tools like QuickTest Professional, WinRunner and Test Management tools like HP Quality Center, TestDirector
- Skilled in Stress, Load, and Performance testing using HP LoadRunner
- Involved in developing and enhancing Regression suite using VB Script, TSL, and C# for new changes on existing software
- Proficient with Oracle RDBMS, SQL Server, and Access database to update, manipulate and retrieve data using SQL query
- Excellent skills in Defect Tracking and Reporting using Rational ClearQuest, PVCS Tracker, Serena TeamTrack, and Quality Center
- Proficient in UNIX user commands and developing, testing, and executing shell scripts in UNIX System and database environment
- Experienced and knowledgeable in IT standards like Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), ISO-9000/20000, and other standard provided by QAI, and SQA
- Excellent communication skills along with verbal and written skills and ability to work independently and proficiently; resourceful, self-motivated, proactive, task oriented, effective use of stellar communication and presentation skills
- Have the ability to contribute in a team environment and work across multiple departments
Confidential, Falls Church, VA Date: Nov 09 to Present Project Name: Transaction Processing Systems (TPS) Position: Sr. Test Engineer JP Morgan Chase is a Fortune 500 financial services organization involves in a broad array of credit, savings and loan products to customers in globally including United States, UK, and Canada. My engagement for this organization was with Transaction Processing Systems Migration. System has been developed in Agile environment, concerned to migration of financial institution data from multiple platforms to a single Application and its database system. Technology and Environment: Java, JSP, J2EE, Java Servlet, Java Applets, Oracle 10G, Windows XP/7, AIX 5.3.3, Windows 2008 Server, HP Quality Center 10.0, QuickTest Pro 11.0, IBM Rational Clear Quest, and Clear Case. CONTRIBUTION:
- Participate in requirements analyzing, and reviewing the Functional Spec, Software Requirements Specifications (SRS), and Release Plan to develop Test Plan and Test Strategy
- Extensive uses of Quality Center to manage and maintain the Requirements, develop Test Cases & Procedures, and Test scripts.
- Perform Functional, Beta, End-to-end and System Testing using Quality Center
- Executed Automation Test Scripts to performdata driven, Regression, and Compatibility Testing using QuickTest Pro
- Develop and enhance existing QTP script to synchronize upgraded functionalities into the automation scripts
- Use QTP for object repository creation and maintenance, use regular expression, re-usable actions, data table, and recovery scenario
- Develop descriptive programming and maintain local and global Object Repository in QTP
- Develop automation framework like Data Driven, Keyword Driven and Modularity Driven in QTP
- Build Script with Data Driven Methodology which applies the Business rules to validate the components displayed on the website
- Implement the Regular Expressions in GUI maps to run the tests in System Test, Integration Test, UAT; Customize scripts for error detection and recovery.
- Verify automated test results with expected results; follow up with users, analysts, developers on resolution of defects
- Work closely with software developers and take an active role in ensuring that the software components meet the highest quality standards
- Mapped Test Cases and Procedures with Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) to develop Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Developed Test Analysis Report (TAR) to provide test Results for Integrated Project Management Team
- Analyze the Software Requirements Specification, Functional specs, Design Specs and User requirements Specification (URS) to develop System test plan.
- Perform Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases from business, technical and functional requirement & Use Cases
- Develop Test Cases from wireframe, AUCs, GUI, Business Rules, and Activity Diagrams using Visio
- Used QuickTest Pro extensively to automate testing to test the functionalities of the application and using the scripts for regression testing
- Identify test cases to be automated for regression testing and converted manual scripts to automated scripts in QuickTest Pro for interface, functionality, and regression testing on new builds of the software
- Gather business requirements and translated them into systems requirements
- Convert Test cases and procedures to automated script by using QuickTest Pro
- Create data driven test cases and test scripts using QuickTest Pro
- Execute Test Cases and test procedures within Quality Center
- Develop Test Analysis Report from Quality Center after test execution
- Report software defects and tracked issues using ClearQuest
- Validate defects and consulted with Business Engineers and other team members if business rules need to be updated
- Develop LoadRunner test scripts according to test specifications/ requirements.
- Develop and implement load and stress tests with HP LoadRunner, and present performance statistics to application teams, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Use LoadRunner to execute multi-user performance tests, use online monitors, real-time output messages and other features of the LoadRunner Controller.
- Monitor and administer hardware capacity to ensure the necessary resources are available for all tests; identify Disk Usage, CPU, and Memory for Web, APP, Database servers and how the servers are getting loaded.
- Identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks during the development lifecycle.
- Involved in root Cause Analysis for the problems in proposed architecture and monitored the Resources metrics to find the performance bottlenecks.
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize meaningful and relevant results in a complete Performance Test Analysis Report.
- By analyzing the business requirements developed the Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts for enhanced and upgraded functionalities
- Planned, designed and developed the test scripts for applications in web, client/server and web services environments. Enhanced the test scripts with programming and business logic to cover all business requirements
- Prepared the test data to cover all the business functionalities for positive and negative test validations
- Provided support in every phases of software development lifecycle to validate and verify in test and production environments for correct implementation of the software
- Conducted the test case review meetings with the Business Engineers and Development teams to explain the test coverage. Participated in business and design review meetings.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Integration and System testing on the application to validate the new and existing functionality
- Using the TOAD and SQL queries to validate the output results in the back-end databases
- Used the Quality Center/Rational Clear Quest to log and track the defects to ensure all the issues and defects are prioritized, assigned, and resolved in an expeditious manner
- Validated the logs on the different servers in multiple environments and provided support to other teams in trouble shoot and drill down the issues
- Provided support to the performance testing to validate the system response times and bottlenecks
- Conducted the Technical Review (Knowledge Transfer) sessions with the other team members (groups)
- Documented all testing efforts for future reference purposes
Confidential, Sterling, VA Date: Jan 2005 - July 2006 Software Tester The company developed an application of Healthcare System which provides health services for the NIH. It is a single configurable mega-application that can be customized to appear to the healthcare consumer as different product types. It allows the users to create and segregate patients by condition and issue type. The C# architecture has been used to develop the application and interfaces were developed with C#, Java Script and XML. The C# application uses SQL Server as a local database for web operations. Specifying testing requirements, converting requirements to tests, designing test steps, generating test templates, calling test with parameters, creating requirement coverage, importing test cases in the Test Lab, executing tests, associating defects using the Test Lab, and adding, matching, updating, prioritizing & mailing defects, monitoring the test process by generating the test reports & graphs using Test Director.
- Developed, executed and maintained automated Functional and Regression Test scripts using Mercury WinRunner.
- Worked independently and on a team to conduct a wide variety of quality-control tests such as Functional, Regression, Positive, Negative, Performance and Integration Testing.
- Communicating with Application Developers, Project Manager and other Team Members on Application testing status on an on going basis when necessary
- Bachelors of Science
- Major: Computer Information System and Finance
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Major: Finance and Banking
Operating systems: Windows 95/98/NT/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, UNIX, HP/AIX/Solaris, DOS and Linux Languages: C++, Java, Visual Basic, VB Script, SQL, PL/SQL, COBOL, HTML, XML Testing Tools: QuickTest Professional 11, WinRunner, LoadRunner, Rational Robot Test Management Tool: Quality Center 10.1, TestDirector 8.0 Defect Tracking Tools: PVCS Tracker, Bugzilla, ClearQuest, Quality Center, TestDirector Databases: Oracle 7i, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, My SQL, SQL Server 2000 Application Software: MS Office 2000(Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook); TOAD 6.3, SQL* Plus, FLASH, MS Visio, Adobe PhotoShop, MS Project Web Server: WebLogic, IIS, Apache Internet Technology: Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8 & 9, Netscape Navigator, AOL, Mozilla Firefox Hardware:IBM RS/6000, AS400, Sun V880, SunFire 380R, Compaq ProLaint ML370, HP ProLaint, DL380, Dell PowerEdge IBM PC