- Over 8+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance of both Manual and Automated Testing.
- Expertise in Web Services automation for Manual and Automation using TestNG and Selenium.
- Experience in Automated Software Testing using QTP, SOAP UI and Selenium.
- Experience in Mobile Testing using Appium, Perfecto and Keep It Functional KIF for Android and IOS devices.
- Developed Page object models (POM) for applications to develop automation framework suite.
- Knowledge in designing data driven framework for reading the data from excel sheets using Apache POI library and TestNG data provider.
- Able to perform End to End testing using Protractor and Jasmine framework.
- Expertise in developing automation scripts in BDD format using Cucumber and Proficient in writing cucumber scenarios in GHERKIN format.
- Extensively Used POSTMAN and SOAP UI for API validation and testing.
- Worked in AGILE, SCRUM and WATERFALL development models.
- Worked on multiple projects and Extensively involved in User Acceptance testing ( UAT ), End to End, Sanity Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Validation testing, Performance Testing, black box, white box and Cross - Browser testing.
- Expertise in creating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Interacting with Business Owners for validations.
- Good at testing Load scripts for end to end performance testing using HP LoadRunner and JMeter.
- Experience in working with Application Servers, Database Servers and Mainframes systems.
- Experience in analyzing ETL mapping documents and creating SQL scripts based on ETL mapping documents to compare data outputs.
- Excellent experience of build tools like MAVEN, ANT and managing Java automation projects using them.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA/ALM.
- Ability to generate crash reports and report it to developers for Error Debugging.
- Experience in working with GIT and Stash to re-modify files for software development.
- Experience in working with product owners, Line of Business management, Business Analysts, Development Groups in analyzing Business Specifications.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools like Subversion SVN, TFS and CVS.
- Participation in Design reviews with the Development Team and has experience as Onsite coordinator with various projects and clients.
- Knowledge in testing mobile application using Monkey-Talk.
- Expertise in leading the testing teams working across globe(onsite-offshore), Upstream, Downstream Systems, third party vendor teams and in onsite/offshore models.
- Well versed with testing in various domains like Health, Telecom, Retail, Insurance and Bank domains.
Testing methods: Functional testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Smoke testing, System testing, Integration testing, Sanity Testing
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/WebDriver/Grid, JMeter, Cucumber, Appium (iOS/Android), protractor, Unified Functional Testing (QTP), SoapUI, JMeter, Load Runner, Postman, Firebug
Testing framework: TestNG, Junit, Page Object Model, Jasmin, Cucumber
Test Management Tools: HP ALM/ Quality Center, JIRA, Clear quest
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, TFS, CVN.
Integrated Development Environment: Eclipse, Visual Studio, Atom editor, WebStorm.
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins
Database Management Systems: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access, Toad
Operating Systems: Windows, MAC OS, UNIX, LINUX
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Confidential, Covington, GA
Senior Test Automation Developer/ Mobile Tester
- Designed and executed Automation Test cases using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG for regression and functional testing.
- Created test automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Page Object model (POM) using Data Driven Framework for further test creation and execution.
- Identifying the element using various locators like Object's id, Name, XPath and CSS selectors to link in the application.
- Implemented mobile automation framework using APPIUM and developed automation test scripts to test IOS and Android platforms. Used Emulators and Simulators to test the application virtually.
- Performed Acceptance testing a nd UI functional testing using Perfecto with extension of Appium and Java as scripting language.
- Performed Mobile Automation Testing on IOS platforms using IPhone & IPad Devices with Appium.
- Followed Agile Methodologies and Software Quality Audits for all the Phases of SDLC.
- Involved in Backend Database testing by using Toad.
- Designed, executed and maintained End to End Automation Test scripts using Protractor and Jasmine Framework.
- Used ALM for defect reporting and tracking, and generated documents and reports for further analysis.
- Creation of feature files, Scenarios and Scenario outlines in BDD - Cucumber .
- Involved in developing Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD using Cucumber.
- Used GIT as code repository and code collaborator to manage code reviews.
- Conducted Automation testing using the Standards, guidelines and structured methodology in testing the application using Java, JSON .
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests, manage project's build, report and documentation across the network.
- Used Jenkin as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven .
- Participated in Agile release planning, backlog grooming sessions, iteration planning and retrospective sessions as per company agile guidelines.
- Performed API testing Using SOAP UI and WSDL file.
- Created JMeter scripts to perform the load, volume, stress and capacity testing .
Environment: s: Eclipse IDE, Agile, Selenium RC/Web Driver/Grid with Java, TestNG, APPIUM, Perfecto, Toad, Protractor, Jasmin, MAVEN, HP ALM, SOAP UI, JMETER.Confidential, New Century, KS
QA Automation Tester
- Developed detailed Test Plans, Test Cases based on the Functional Requirements Documents (FRD) and Business Requirements Documents(BRD).
- Setup and Configured the testing environment with Eclipse IDE, JUNIT and Selenium Webdriver.
- Involved in designing data driven framework for reading the data from excel sheets using Apache POI library and TestNG data provider.
- Developed Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Appium, Selenium Web Driver and Junit.
- Used Java language and JUnit framework to develop and run the scripts.
- Reported Bugs through JIRA, prioritized the bugs and assigned to the developers.
- Performed User interface testing to validate UI elements and used UI Automator viewer to locate elements for Appium test automation framework.
- Performed Manual Mobile Testing by using Emulators, Simulators and Devices in hand.
- Extensively used Selenium locators (Class name, ID etc.,).
- Performed API testing Using SOAP UI and WSDL file to validate the data.
- Tested request and response XML based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content.
- Reported bugs and sent e-mail notifications to the developers whenever there is a change in the status of the defects using the HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Created custom JSON/XML Assertors to validate SOAP (WSDL) and REST API calls, and Data Banks to store and analyze data input/output and error logs.
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Used SVN Repository for version controlling.
- Followed Agile methodology, participated in daily scrum meetings and targeted testing for each sprint deliverables.
- Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on a scheduled basis automatically.
- Participated in QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancements and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Eclipse IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Apache POI Library, Appium, Junit, JIRA, SOAPUI, SVN, UI Automator viewer, WSDL, XML, Agile, Quality center.Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
QA Test Engineer / Performance Tester
- Developed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver, C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET WITH N-unit framework.
- Designed and developed Keyword Driven and Data Driven automation framework for functional, and regression testing using Selenium Web driver.
- Worked in Agile based environment working from sprint to sprint.
- Performed stress test on data migration from SQL database.
- Worked on Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) to effectively manage the product life cycle.
- Conducted Automation testing using the Standards, guidelines and structured methodology in testing the application using JSON .
- Developed and deployed test Load scripts to do end to end performance testing using Load Runne r, Analyzed the test results by the Load Runner analyzer to find the bottlenecks.
- Compiled test metrics on a weekly basis and tracked the status of the test cycle.
- Perform thorough Unit and integration testing using NUnit, MSTest and Spec Flow.
- Worked with Quality Center for planning, running and tracking defects while attending walkthroughs with client and the development team and Defect reporting meetings periodically.
- Worked on testing status, reporting to the higher management and retesting the fixes.
- Participated in daily stand-ups and project meetings to keep track of project priority and status.
Environment: C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, N-unit framework, JSON, Agile, TFS, MTM, Load Runner.Confidential, Omaha, NE
Software QA Engineer
- Performed manual testing on the whole application before going for the automated testing.
- Used HP-UFT for functional and Regression testing of the application to make sure transactions and business processes work as intended and Developed VB scripts .
- Developed automation scripts in UFT to automate smoke and regression testing and automated test data load for every build cycle.
- Analyzed and reviewed Story Boards to gain overall understanding of the functionality of the application.
- Performed Web Services Testing using SOAP UI for Various Web Services.
- Modify Object Repository to help QTP identify GUI objects. Enhance the scripts in QTP/UFT using VB Script.
- Extensively used descriptive programming in QTP/UTP to handle dynamically changing screens without having to manually change the script.
- Mastered the existing Automation Framework based on Reusable Actions and enhanced it to a Hybrid Framework using Keywords and Parameterization.
- Ensured proper code coverage, maintainability of scripts, reliability and overall robustness of Automation Framework.
- Used Bugzilla to keep track of outstanding bugs and generated test report.
- Wrote SQL Queries for backend/ETL testing.
- Designed REST/HTTP, SOAP API's , including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Attended Daily Stand-up meetings, as part of the sprint meetings following the Agile Methodology, for the QA Integration Team.
- Involved in identifying Integration User-Stories and Tasks during the Sprint Planning Sessions.
Environment: QTP/UFT, VB Script, Bugzilla, SQL Server, ETL, SOAP UI, Agile Methodology, SQL, REST/HTTP.Confidential,
- Developed Test Scripts using Quick Test professional (HP QTP) for extensive functionality and regression testing.
- Developed custom QTP function libraries like Database Functions, Utilities which are application independent and platform independent that can be used across multiple projects.
- Executed Regression scripts using QTP for each release to make sure that the overall functionality of the application is not broken.
- Involved in the designing and development of software using waterfall development practices.
- Collaborated with Product Owners, developers, and architects to design and develop High-end Test Cases based on requirements, and Business Logic Architecture.
- Enhanced Test Cases written pre-release, based on understanding the Requirements through Test Cases by adding specific Test Steps and variable Data.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct Data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
- Performed Data Validation and Database Integrity Testing by executing SQL Queries in MySQL to retrieve information for Database.
- Designed REST/HTTP, SOAP API's, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Conducted End-to-End, Manual Testing of the system and prepared and managed test cases using JIRA.
- Used JIRA to track, report, and manage defect throughout the test cycle and attended Defect Status Meeting on daily basis during testing cycle.
- Provided support to UAT team, as well as other testing team members working with different projects.
Environment: HP QTP, MySQL, WATERFALL, JSON, REST/HTTP, SOAP API, JIRA.Confidential
QA Test Engineer / ETL Tester
- Involved in reviewing user requirements for application and preparing testing specifications.
- Developed manual test scenarios and test cases based on user requirement specifications, change requests and functional specification documents.
- Performed functional testing manually and constructed positive and negative test scenarios as per requirements.
- Created the Test Procedure and Test Cases from the Requirements for Black Box, White Box testing of application.
- Analyzed ETL mapping documents, execute test cases for applications that use ETL components.
- Developed, Updated Test Cases, and Test Steps in ALM QC as an Application Management Tool and executed Test Steps while reporting any Defects.
- Interacted with developers, Test Lead, Test Managers, and Analysts regarding Testing Status and Defect tracking using ALM QC.
- Generated detailed reports of Bugs, Pass-Fail Reports, and progress logs for management on a daily/weekly basis as per request of Test Lead.
- Prepared Defect Report as per Severity and Priority.
- Worked with other offshore teams and reported the details.
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Involved in project meetings and Interacted with other team members to resolve the problems.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
Environment: Manual Testing, ETL, SOAP, REST API, BUGZILLA, ALM QC.