Grants Management Analyst
- Provide support to client on site at FEMA in the Grants Administration and Assistance Division (formerly Grants Management Division) on the Control Desk.
- Routine duties include copying, printing, and scanning requests, tracking funds released to grantees, filing, data management and entry for Control Desk Access Database, data integration, uploading documents to be reviewed by grantees, completing quality control reviews, and completing all ad - hoc requests from the client.
- Maintain Ask-GMD Help Desk phone lines and voicemail by answering calls from grantees and grant managers in order to assist with the administration of FEMA awarded grants, systems, and cooperative agreements, specifically Preparedness grants, Mitigation grants and the Payment and Reporting System (PARS).
- Process incoming grant documentation in order to administer pre-award and grant administration functions throughout the grant lifecycle of FEMA grants using PARS, GMS, ND Grants and Access database systems.
- Process payment reimbursement requests for Mitigation awards sent to Ask-GMD.
- Assisted in the obligation of over six hundred FEMA Preparedness and Mitigation awards for Fiscal Year 2011.
- Assist in the grant award process and grant management including servicing grantee requests for assistance and information, grant monitoring and other grant-related matters through various work streams on the Control Desk.
- Advise grantees regarding adjustments or modifications needed for grantees to remain in good standing in regards to financial reporting and their ability to draw and expend grant funds.
- Assist grantees in understanding implementation of FEMA grant program and policies.
- Provide advisory assistance to stakeholders seeking help from Ask-GMD in the monitoring of grant plans and strategies.
- Maintained and updated standard operating procedures for Control Desk work streams.
- Perform a variety of standard grant management tasks, including providing advice and counsel to managers on a wide variety of grants, cooperative agreements, and other agreements.
- Process Special Condition Release of Funds, Grant Adjustment Notices, Signed Awards, and Final Clearance Memos.
- Compiled monthly invoices based on labor usage and other direct costs to be submitted to US Coast Guard for reimbursement.
- Tracked and filed monthly invoices for future reference for the client.
- Researched up-to-date cost pricing principles for re-compete contracts with the US Coast Guard.
- Developed monthly invoicing system using MS Excel and created standard operating procedures for future submissions.
- Reviewed monthly progress reports before submission to client for justification of payment.
Administrative Support Staff
- Provided administrative support on at FEMA in the Grants Management Division Operations Branch and Control Desk.
- Completed research projects for information regarding award documents or grant programs per client request for the Control Desk.
- Provided assistance to various work streams such as Award Obligations, Release of Funds, and Grant Adjustment Notices.
- Supported team meetings, including sending out meeting requests, reserving conference rooms, setting up audio-visual equipment, recording minutes, and distributing meeting notes as well as making sure the Branch Chief is briefed on all background information regarding the scheduled meeting.
- Created and maintained paper files to track employees in areas including performance management and workforce development for the Training and Technical Assistance Branch.
- Tracked training funds for the Training and Technical Assistance Branch budgets
- Maintained and organized electronic files and folders for Control Desk.
- Completed systems testing of new releases of Control Desk Access Database (CDAD).
- Assist in the obligation of hundreds of FEMA Preparedness, Legacy and Mitigation awards for Fiscal Year 2009 and 2010.
- Completed total inventory audit of thousands of FEMA hard copy grant files dating back to 1997.
- Received and distributed all incoming mail to appropriate parties within the Grants Management Division.
- Routine duties included copying, printing, scanning requests, tracking client requests for training,, tracking funds released to grantees, filing, data management and entry for Control Desk Access Database, data integration, proofreading correspondence, calendar maintenance, task tracking, uploading documents to be reviewed by grantees, and completing quality control reviews.
- Developed and reviewed standard operating procedures for routine administrative duties.
Confidential , Rockville, MD
Business Development Assistant
- Assisted staff members in researching, preparing, gathering, and compiling materials for Human Resource (HR) briefings.
- Created and edited work documents including memos, spreadsheets, and presentations using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Received individuals for appointments and directed as appropriate.
- Generated templates for cost proposal submissions using Microsoft Excel.
- Developed and executed recruiting plans to source technical staff for Government contracts; conducted initial screening of new employment recruits to assess knowledge/skills/abilities and coordinated follow-on technical evaluations.
- Conducted market research related to Federal Government business opportunities using FedBizOpps.
- Worked on proposal teams to develop technical/cost volume responses to Federal Government requests for proposal; coordinated data calls to team members on corporate profiles, capabilities, proposal content, staffing, and cost/price data.
- Point of contact for subcontractors while working on cost proposals, teaming arrangements and data calls.
- Obtained supplies, equipment, repair and maintenance services for the office through office channels.