Software Engineer Strong back - end (REST, SOAP, databases) and experienced in front-end
- 5+ years e xperience in Service Oriented Architecture and implemented REST API and WCF SOAP web services
- 10 + years e xperience of backend application development in Windows and Unix
- 10+ years e xperience in software enhancement in complex, scalable and high - performance production environment s
- 10+ years e xperience of test automation development in C#, Java, Perl, Shell, SQL, PowerShell
- 10+ years e xperience with modern software development processes (Agile/Scrum, bug tracking, version control)
- 10+ years e xperience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- H ave superb troubleshooting and problem analysis skills to solve issues in production.
Product Development: Agile (8+ years), SDLC (5+ years (Microsoft, Bell Labs Lucent Technology))
Web Service Development: MVC (5+ years), REST (2+ years), SOAP (5+ years)
Markup Languages: HTML/CSS (2 years), CSHTML (MVC Razor) (2+ years)
IDEs: Visual Studio (10+ years), NetBeans (2+ years)
Operating System: Windows (15+ yrs), Linux (8+ yrs), HP-UX (4+ yrs), Solaris (8+ yrs), AIX (2 yr s )
Database Development: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2005 (12+ years), Oracle 8i/9i/10g (5+ years), MySQL (2+ years), PostgreSQL (3+ years)
Oracle DBA: Oracle8i/9i Database Administrator Certified Professional
Version Control tools: GitLab (3+ years), TFS (5+ years), Source Depot (2+ years), CVS (2 years)
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Work in Royalty Processing Systems team for production support, feature enhancements, and many internal projects development. Be responsible for the development of two web sites and many backend components (REST API and SOAP web services, SQL Server databases). Participate product on - call support (on-call schedule: one week in each rotation period).
- Editorial Workflow System - A web site used by internal admin
- Did full stack development for content provider attributes update by using Windows service, REST APIs, WCF SOAP web service, Entity Framework, C#, MVC3, Angular.js, Knockout.js, jQuery, Unity, SQL scripts, Store Procedures on Windows 2012/2008 R2.
- Contributor Account Management A web site used by external contributors
- Agreement Management System REST & SOAP web service components used by other teams
- Developed and maintained REST API & WCF SOAP web services in .Net 4.5.2 on Windows by using AutoMapper, Autofac, Entity Framework 6.0, C#. Developed their unit & integration test suites by using Moq, nunit, C#
- Wrote SQL scripts to create table, index, statistics, store procedures and did performance tuning for SQL scripts.
- Wrote SQL script to migration data from iStock MySql database into SQL Server database
- Found and fixed the bugs in royalty monthly data load SQL store procedures
- Developed various console apps to run as a scheduled task for message receive / publish or data retention in database tables on Windows 2008 R2 by using RabbitMQ, C#, REST API client on Windows 2012 R2.
- Coordinated with two teams for the published message definition and integration test. Found issues in production and developed a tool to republish messages to downstream system for the fixing.
Software Development Engineer in Test
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Worked as SDET to build up a test automation system from scratch and led one SDET in a team to deliver a complete solution of E2E test and load test for SOAP web service and GUI testing by using MSTS, WCF, SQL via Oracle client, Watin, PowerShell, Anthill on Windows.
- Maintained multiple threads Java Junit test suites for TEAMS API and web service load testing on Solaris.
Software Development Engineer in Test II
Confidential, Redmond, WA
- Exchange Hosted Services - - Message Trace Real Time System (MTRT)
- Developed MTRT E2E test automation suites using C# running in daily test bed (Linux and Windows)
- Developed automation test tools for TLS rule filtering test in Linux and Windows 2003 using C#, SQL
- Designed and implemented PowerShell script for event retrieving and sorting
- Wrote SQL script to test SQL Server partition retention
- Above test tools performed function and load test of MTRT for each production deployment/release
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
- Developed various function and load test tools in Shell and Perl scripts to test a new DNS publish system.
- The load test tool caught the performance issues. It helped to build up a new stable DNS publish system.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Designed and implemented test tools (Perl, Shell, SQL scripts) for file systems and databases (Oracle, DB2, MySQL, and PostgreSQL databases) online backup/restore solutions on Windows and Unix (Linux (RedHat, SuSE, Fedora), Solaris, HP-UX, and AIX).
- Performed function/load test with the tools to ensure the quality of the software, which was in a vender list of a big computer company in west Europe.
- Worked in CONNECTVU-APX (CVU) department, responsible for the enhancement, maintenance and development of CVU (an Operations Support System that helps customers manage and automate the provisioning of switch resources) . It contains multiprocessors, signaling, socket, queue technologies on HP-UX and using C++, C, Perl, Shell, SQL with Informix database, TCP/IP and X.25 protocol
- Designed, developed with multiprocessors, signaling, socket, queue technologies on HP-UX
- Solved the conflict among multi-processors using C++, C, Perl, Shell, SQL with Informix database
- Developed new feature to enhance the switch command processing ability and reduce the link break down problem using C++, Perl, Shell via TCP/IP and X.25 protocol
- Enhanced 5ESS (Lucent’s switch) simulator using C, C++, Perl, Shell, SQL, TCP/IP
- Improved DMS (Nortel’s switch) simulator using Perl, Shell, SQL with TCP/IP socket programming technique
- Trouble-shooting simulator problem in CVU department
- Consulted and supported entire Bell-labs CVU team for more than three years