- 5 years’ experience as a creative and professional team player in Software Testing and Quality Assurance including 4 years of automation testing with Selenium and Appium .
- Excellent understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with emphasis on testing of web based and mobile applications.
- Ex pe r i en ced w ork i ng i n A gil e Scrum Framework a s w el l as Wat er f al l methodologies. Have enough experience as an agile tester to interact with Developers and Product owner on a continuous basis, in - depth knowledge on Iterative and Incremental Development, Product backlog, sprint, iteration planning, Release planning, Delivery process, Velocity of sprint, Story Cards, Poker Planning, Burnup/burndown Chart.
- Expert in performing various testing such as Functional, Integration, Regression, Smoke, End to End, Compatibility, GUI, Back-end, Ad-hoc, Black Box, User Acceptance, Usability testing using testing approaches like Boundary Value Analysis, Equivalence Partitioning, Decision & Conditional Statement. Cross-browser testing with both Manual and Automated Testing tools.
- As a member of Agile development team, have active participation in different meeting like, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Iteration Review and Retrospective meeting.
- Good exposure on testing and Bug Life Cycle.
- Possess excellent skills in manual and automation testing skills using Selenium and Object Oriented Programming Language “Java”.
- Expertise in programming with clear understanding of OOPS concept as Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstraction, Encapsulation, etc.
- Developed and maintained automation framework using selenium Page Object Model concept. Good knowledge in Data Driven Framework and Hybrid Framework.
- In depth understanding and implementation experience on TestNG framework and how to in corporate it into the test as needed.
- Implemented BDD framework using Gherkin language with Cucumber testing tool.
- Expertise in setting Selenium Grid for parallel testing on multi browser and OS combination.
- Knowledge in writing Appium automation scripts in JAVA for mobile application and execution the tests on simulators or emulators.
- Expertise on finding unique elements using custom Xpath along with other locator techniques.
- Expertise in creating reusable methods that were utilized throughout projects.
- Expertise in using Maven build management tool, continuous integration tool Jenkins and GitHub source code management tool.
- Web Services Testing using RESTful API.
- Used Allure Report to display detailed test execution reports along with screenshots of corresponding failed test cases.
- Strong knowledge in Database query language SQL using MYSQL and Oracle database.
- Excellent skills on written and verbal communication with the client, project manager and developers.
- Organized, attention to detail, self-motivation, personable, multi-focused and ability to meet project milestones and deliverable dates.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
- Expert in communication, issue finding, solving & learning skills, and committed to deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks, adapt to changing priorities and working in self-managed projects or as a team member.
Languages: JAVA, SQL
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Maven, TestNG, JUnit,Cucumber, Jenkins, Selenium Grid, Sauce Labs, JIRA, Eclipse, IntelliJ, XCode, GitHub, POSTMAN.
RDBMS: MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle.
IDEs: Eclipse, IntelliJ.
Build tools: Maven.
Continuous integration tools: Jenkins.
Environment: Windows, UNIX/Linux, Mac.
Source & version control: GitHub.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile (Scrum).
Web services: REST.
Test management: TestNG, JUnit.
Project & issue management: JIRA.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
Mobile Automation Engineer
- Demonstrates knowledge of multiple complex applications and provides subject matter expertise to set direction and create test strategies and test plans for more than one project and/or application.
- Identifies and implements areas for improving efficiency, shortening of test cycles, and automation of test scripts using Cucumber with Appium.
- Communicating effectively with business units, IT Development, Project Management and other support staff.
- Facilitates application training to new resources.
- Accountable for the development of test project plans, test schedule, test plans, and detailed test cases as defined by DIGITAL Project Lifecycle using JIRA.
- Leads and participates in review sessions of business requirements, technical requirements, and design documents to ensure that software changes are understood to facilitate testing.
- Accountable for coordinating, communicating, disseminating testing timelines, deliverables, and all other information to QA Manager and project teams.
- Responsible for broad-scope of decision-making. Day to day decisions are made without supervision or review.
- Accountable for adherence to established test standards and procedures.
- Assess risk to project based on results of execution and validation. Makes appropriate recommendation based on risks identified.
- Sponsors initiatives designed to support continual QA process improvements, and the integration of the QA process with other development activities.
- Daily interaction with a global team and manage SVN with Bitbucket.
- Initiates and completes test escape and root cause analysis, testing lessons learned, recommends future process improvements and defect prevention.
- Creates and reviews with manager test estimates for accuracy.
- Provides leadership in a matrix environment - which may or may not include direct reports.
E nvironments & Tools: Agile, Windows, Mac OS, Eclipse, Android, iOS, Android Studio,XCode,JAVA, Appium 1.6.5, Maven, Cucumber,Bitbucket, Jenkins,Confidential, New York, NY
Selenium Automation Engineer
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings.
- Designed and implemented different automation framework from scratch like POM (Page Object Model) framework and Data Driven framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG Data Provider and Apache POI API.
- Developed page library as part of modular framework implementation in automation.
- Performed Regression Testing for every modification made in the application.
- Updated the test scenario and test scripts as the requirements or features were changing from sprint to sprint.
- Written and executed test scripts using Eclipse IDE with necessary plug-ins.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated test cases along with Continuous Integration tool Jenkins.
- Used Selenium Grid and Sauce Labs to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform/environment.
- Applied TestNG as test management tool and view detailed test execution reports.
- Implemented GitHub for source control.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in JIRA. Generated automated daily reports using JIRA API.
- Used Firebug and Firepath to identify and locate elements as needed, along with creating custom xpath using xml functions. Experience in writing CSS Selectors to identify web elements.
- Automated iOS and Android app using Appium Java-Client library, executed the test on simulators and emulators.
- Generated and Reviewed test results using Allure Test Report.
- Complex SQL queries in the back-end database to validate data with front end.
- Participated in meetings and walkthroughs with project managers, developers and QA testers.
- Preparation of Daily and Weekly status reports. Attending weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.
E nvironments & Tools: Agile, Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, JAVA, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Maven, TestNG, GitHub, Jenkins, Selenium Grid, SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2/2012,HTML, XML, CSS,Confidential, PA
- Responsible for analyzing the business requirement and functional specifications to design tests and create test scenarios.
- Integrated Selenium and Jenkins and scheduled the execution of scripts for performing smoke, functional, integration, regression testing on the application to make it bug free, smooth work-flow and comply with business rules
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Cases for large-scale data validation and to validate various positive and negative scenarios including structured approval & return process, calculations, work queues, role access matrix, etc.
- Created UAT test plan documents, strategy, test cases, executed UAT test scripts, and created test reports using JIRA
- Assisted on developing and maintaining robust and effective Page Object Model Framework.
- Written BDD model test scenarios using gherkins annotation using Cucumber based feature files with JUnit.
- Worked closely with automation lead to get in depth understanding of the test scenario or technical implementation approach
- Implemented Selenium Grid and BrowserStack for parallel & cross browser testing on multi browser and OS combination.
- Performed native/hybrid testing on all major iOS and Android devices and also executed the test on simulators and emulators.
- Analyses JSON Responses and provided feedback to developers were also helped them debug the issues
- Executed full test on every regression build and provided detailed report to the upper management
- Used Maven as primary build management tools
- Good knowledge in Web Service RESTful API testing using POSTMAN
- Written SQL queries and statements to test database for retrieving information, editing data and inserting the data.
Environment: s & Tools: Agile, Android, iOS, Selenium, Maven, JUnit, GitHub, Jenkins, JAVA, Restful API, SQL Server, HTML, XML, CSS.Confidential, Madison, WI
- Worked in an Agile environment where conducted testing for each sprint release.
- Experienced developing Agile testing strategies and test plans for multiple related projects.
- Experience in designing, preparing and executing test cases for web application and mobile application using SDLC concepts.
- Interacted with Developers and Product Owner continuously to ensure quality product backlog and to ensure final products delivery.
- Analyzed the project documentation to ensure a thorough understanding of the user stories including, but not limited to business, technical requirements, functional specifications, process flow/contextual diagrams, integration points and use cases.
- Extensive knowledge in developing testing scenarios, test cases and executing tests & logging defects in JIRA.
- Have thoroughly done peer reviews for developing the UAT test plan, UAT test cases for the users and also monitored the UAT sessions.
- Analyzed and validated system requirements.
- Performed Functional testing on Mobile App for iOS and Android.
- Executed test cases, created traceability matrix as well as defined test data for mobile application testing
- Performed Cross platform web testing on all major iOS and Android devices and also executed the test on simulators and emulators.
- Validated using simulators and emulators and also with real time devices.
Environment: s & Tools: Agile, Windows, Mac OS, JAVA, Android, iOS, SQL Server, HTML, XML, CSS.