Areas of expertise Quality Assurance Lead/Manager
- Testing methods-White, black, gray and visual testing. Testing levels- Integration, system and system integration testing. Objectives of testing- Regression, acceptance, alpha and beta testing. Non-Functional testing- Performance, usability, security, and localization. Functional testing, stability, exploratory, stress, boundary, positive, negative, automation, etc.
- Advanced expertise with financial applications,digital ad Exchange, and Advertising Agencies with emphasis in fast paced delivery of content, within the media space
- Working knowledge of testing multiple mobile platforms and Content Management Systems.
- Advocate of cross training between QA resources to create stability and foster excellence.
- Creates Partnership Alliances with departments to gain better understanding of their processes and help promote proper handoff to QA.
- Responsible for ensuring that IT products are delivered in a manner that consistently meets expectations, requirements and specificationsand achievesa defect free release withthe highest level ofuser experience.
- Experience leadingand coordinating thequalityefforts and initiatives.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day testing activities.
- Experienced at reviewing business requirements and functional specifications to develop the proper documentation needed for the testing cycle.
- Experience testing web accessibility for section 508.
- Broad experience with web technologies, software development, networking, and operating system technologies.
- Manage onsite and offshore resources.
- Conductsqualityassurancemonitoring and documents results in the tracking system.
- Provides coaching feedback emphasizing continuous improvement to assure key performance indicators are met.
- Experience working with LAMP Technologies
- Leadership role in creation and execution of complex QA testing processes, strategies, plans, testing, bug documentation and escalation based on functional and non-functional requirements, traceability matrices, defect and progress status reports and graphs.
- Experience with content management systems
- Automation experience with Mercury suite (QTP, QC, Selenium).
- Experience spans technology, multi tier software, environments, and end-to-end testing.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL queries.
- Testing experience in a wide variety of environments.
- Testing of web application, client-server, network, multimedia, and database projects on Windows, Mac and UNIX operating systems.
- Extensive training in software testing procedures and Methodologies.
- Experience in testing monitoring, reporting and alerting on the performance, availability and capacity ofvirtual,and physicaldatacenters, servers and their applications, networks and IT services.
- Good understanding of data networking and protocols protocols such asSMTP,FTP, TCP, NTP, IMAP, and ICMP, IP, Soap.
- Solid knowledge ofback end testing.
- Possess strongdeductive reasoning, strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to Prioritize and multi-task.
- I am attentive to detail, with great determination, persistence, and imagination.
- Vested in protocols and methodologies related to'tunneling'such as SSH,VPN.
- Complete knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle. (SDLC)
- Strong ability in investigating the root cause of issues, resolving them, and driving them to closure.
- Strong work ethic as deadlines and release cycles can be short and critical.
- Very experience in testing enterprise level software and software products for web-based application that handles high volume transactions daily.
- Able towork alone and in a team environment.
- Understanding of object oriented programming languages.
- Experience with change control processes.
- Working knowledge of testing flash applications, standard and rich media banners, utilizing the latest tools needed like double click studio, flash validator to insure the right metrics are in place to traffic them.
- Some programming experience in Java, Phyton
- Excellent knowledge in testing thenew requirements to insure that applications are accessible within the different social networks applications and components.
- Skilled Jira (defect tracking) user and administrator.
- Expert testing emails (email blasting) for different email clients insuringproper rendering.
- Knowledge in setting up and maintaining up to date a testinglabwith or without Virtual Machines (VMWare).
- Expert at cross browser testing with knowledge of browser specific rendering issues.
- Expert at testingGoogle Analytics, spotlight tags, tracking codes for website traffic monitoring and marketing effectiveness.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing for hosting services (self tutoring).
- Knowledge of web hosting systems.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Platforms: All Microsoft platforms, Apple and UNIX Rdbms: MS Access, SQL Server, MySQL Browsers: Netscape, Internet Explorer, AOL, Prodigy, Juno, MindSpring, MSN, Roadrunner, Vista, Firefox, Safari, Chrome.
Confidential - New York,NY 3/2010 to present Quality Assurance Lead/Manager
Responsible for gaining sound functional understanding of the test systems, architecture, and operating environment of our infrastructure in order to design effective test strategies, conduct valuable risk analyses, and execute robust test plans. Responsible for evaluating staff, hire, fire, and promotions. Responsible for ensuring that IT products are delivered in a manner that consistently meets expectations, requirements and specifications and achieves a defect free release with the highest level of user experience. Leadsand coordinates the qualityefforts and initiatives. Responsible for managing the day-to-day testing activities. Responsible for overseeing that some projects meet the Web Accessibility for Section 508. Execute the Quality Assurance process, procedures and strategies. Maintain industry standard metrics as well as specific account-related metrics for adjusting internal QA standards. Responsible for ensuring the stability of the software release across all web sites and mobile platforms. Responsible for testing monitoring, reporting and alerting on the performance, availability and capacity of virtual,and physical datacenters, servers and their applications, networks and IT services. Review technical documents (functional specifications, copy decks, design comps) in order to develop appropriate test plans. Responsibilities include updating standards, manually testing websites, micro-sites; HTML emails, flash banners, and other related digital work. Deliver high-quality, low-to-zero defect releases. Work with Project Managers, developers and other members of the team to define test criteria. Manage project workload and assess resources needed for completion. Maintain defect tracking tool and report defects to team members in a timely manner. Prioritize defects, coordinate and track their resolution. Identify potential build and timing problems and escalating them as early as possible. Advertising agency experience. Strong knowledge of unit testing, regression testing, integration testing, and compatibility testing. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS. Responsible for coordinating and overseeing thetesting of Rich media applications, including flash banners, flash-based micro-sites, landing pages, and mobile applications, coordinating and overseeing the performance of work by other testers. Solid understanding of Internet technologies and emerging web trends. Experience testing HTML emails and a solid understanding of their limitations. Usage of browser extensions like firebug and web developers tools. Experience testing tracking tags such as Google analytics, Spotlight tags, etc. Experience using defect-tracking tools. Experience using HTTP traffic monitoring tools such as Charles or Fiddler, Firebug. Experience testing websites with social network components such as Facebook and YouTube. A professional, naturally curious individual with demonstrated integrity. Strong sense of responsibility, self-motivation and self-management. Capable of juggling multiple projects, conflicting demands and priorities. Excellent problem-solving ability and time management skills. Thinks and solves problems creatively. Quality-driven with focus on continual self-improvement. Excellent judgment, objectivity and discretion. Takes initiative and goes beyond what is required. Detail-oriented, comfortable multitasking and working in a fast-paced environment while adhering to process and policy. Creation of automation suites using Selenium. Responsible of creating and maintaining test environments and lab. Experienced in testing Rich Media, Flash.
Confidential- New York, NY 07/2009 to 01/01/2010 Quality Assurance Engineer Lead/Manager(contract)
Responsible for ensuring that IT products are delivered in a manner that consistently meets expectations, requirements and specifications and achieves a defect free release with the highest level of user experience. Leadsand coordinates the qualityefforts and initiatives. Responsible for managing the day-to-day testing activities. Participate in requirements definition meetings with design team. Researching for the appropriate open source automation tools that will best fit the needs of the department like Selenium, etc. Review requirements and design documents to ensure adequate understanding to develop test cases. Develop product based testing strategies. Develop test plans and cases based on various levels of requirements details. Document and elevate risks whit appropriate escalation procedures. Develop automated test cases based on value and return on investment. Execute tests, track defects, and perform root cause analysis. Provide recommendations to streamline and improve processes. Educate others outside of QA on the value of a structured QA approach. Document status and final reports for QA activities with matrices. Participate in project meetings and acted as liaison between QA and other departments to plan the appropriate testing initiative. Test web services with emphasis in medical sites. Test Flash applications and rich media. Participate in requirements definition meetings with design team Creating and putting in place a QA department in Agile model Researching for the appropriate open source automation tools that will best fit the needs of the department like Selenium, etc Develop and manage QA project schedules Review requirements and design documents to ensure adequate understanding to develop test cases. Develop product based testing strategies Determine test environment, maintenance, update builds and test data requirements Develop test plans and cases based on various levels of requirements details Estimate effort required to perform QA activities and resources Document and elevate risks whit appropriate escalation procedures Develop automated test cases based on value and return on investment Evaluate new technology and techniques in order to improve/create cost-effective solutions Execute tests, track defects, and perform root cause analysis Mine for data, backend validation, and perform data quality analysis via SQL Provide recommendations to streamline and improve processes Coach and mentor QA Engineers in a team oriented environment. Educate others outside of QA on the value of a structured QA approach Document status and final reports for QA activities with matrices Coordinate and communicate with IT resources across the US to complete assigned projects Participate in project meetings and acted as liaison between QA and other departments to plan the appropriate testing initiative Validate back end of application for expected results in MySql db.
Confidential 12/2008 - Present Self employed with extensive research financial markets to achieve the best market prices in order to buy and sell securities for myself, keeping up to date with financials and political news. Trading using Fidelity Active Trader Pro, knowledgeable of other trading applications and trading tools
Confidential, Fl./NYC 08/2005-11/2008 Right Media Division of Senior/Lead/Manager Quality Assurance
Confidential,-Jacksonville, Fl. 04/2003-07/2005 Quality Assurance Engineer Sr.
Test company web site to ensure proper translation from Englishto Spanish Internationalization and Localization testing, loan origination, servicing and funding application testing Work with business and systems teams to define and write test plans to ensure new Web enabled Java based applications and enhancements to existing applications satisfy business requirements. Provide testing status and results to Project Team Extensive working knowledge of web based applications testing. Write test plans and test cases from Business requirements and Functional Design specifications Validate AS400 database Record problems found in releases in Issue Tech bug tracking system Perform testing of software to certify that new applications fully meet requirements and are error free. Validate fixes/enhancements across multiple platforms. Document, maintain, and distribute quality metrics and contribute to business and technical risk assessment. Develop, publish and implement test plans for all the eServices products. Establish and implement a regression test process. Coordinatethe performance of careful and thorough testing for each release. Establish and implement a process to review test results, including the review of unit test results of system developers and testing results of business analysts. Verify that all eServices products are functioning correctly after a production move. Write and maintain test automation; provide and maintain reports on test results. Develop quality assurance standards and assists management in implementing and maintain such standards. Establish and implement a method for tracking product defects over time including defining and tracking quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
Confidential-St. Petersburg, Fl. 12/2003 - 03/2004 Quality Assurance Tester
Translate company website to Spanish Test Spanish version of website Provide tech support in English and Spanish. Prepare test cases, test plans and complete system and user testing. Develop test documentation to include scenarios, test cases, and test plans as assigned. Report testing results (including passed/failed status, total test execution time, and all defects detected). Execute defect-specific tests, as appropriate. Other duties as assigned by management. Testing of web based applications Testing hosting platforms Good understanding of network protocols Able to work on a UNIX and Windows environment.
Confidential-Denver, Co. 05/2001-10/2003 QA Tester
Write test cases designed to test the functionality of specific software modifications and enhancements based on provided software functional specifications and design. Validate software functionality to assure that it meets the high standards and the requirements of the customer and/or the system designer. Track and record defects using tracking software. Tested web based applications.
Bachelor of Computer Science Minor in Finance and Accounting