- Six years of experience in designing build process, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Source Code repository, Environment management.
- Created AWS instances and deployed applications and delivered for QA teams to initiatePerformance testing.
- Experience in writing chef cookbooks and recipes to automate middleware installations, domain creations and deployment activities.
- Wrote chef cookbooks using the several of its components like attributes, files, recipes, resources and templates.
- Knowledge and expertise on all aspects of Chef concepts like chef server, workstations, Nodes, chef clients and various components like super market, kitchen etc.
- Worked in managing VMs in Amazon using VPCand EC2.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS.
- Proposed, Implemented and maintained New Branching strategies for development teams to supporttrunk, development baseline codes along with several feature branches.
- Experience migrating SVN repositories to GIT.
- Worked in Git implementation containing various Remote repositories for a single application.
- Wrote recipes and cookbooks to install and configure java and .net on several servers.
- Experience with build tools Maven for writing pom.xmls for new applications and improvising the existing build scripts on need basis.
- Implemented a CD pipeline involving Jenkinsand Chef to complete the Automation from commit to Deployment.
- Strong believer of DevOps Methodologies and working towards a core DevOps engineer who can bring an end to end work flow of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deploymentprocess for an organization.
Build Tool Maven: CI tools Jenkins/Hudson,Bug tracker &, Testing JIRA, remedy
Project Management Tools: Rally, confluence, MS Project, Team Foundation ServerSDLC Agile, Scrum.
Servers: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Web logic, IBM Web sphere.
IDE: Eclipse2.3, MS Visual Studio, share point designer
Languages: Shell Script, Ruby, Python, C, C#, Objective C, Java, J2EE
Database System: SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, Oracle 10g/11g - PL/SQL, MS Access
Platforms: UNIX, Linux 4/5, Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8/10, iOS
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
- Managed configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Created instances in AWS as well as worked on migration to AWS from data center.
- Maintained GIT source code repository and local mirrors; perform branching, tagging, mergingand maintenance tasks for windows host and Mac builds.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in’s come from the developer.
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Implemented the Build automation process for all the assigned projects in Vertical Appsdomain.
- Performed system monitoring using Cloud Watch in AWS Cloud.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Created Bash, Shell &Python scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automaterepeated processes.
- Worked with JIRA for creating projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for theprojects and created mail handlers and notification schemes for JIRA.
- Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into Chef to be used bydevelopers.
- Managed IBM Products related Devops methods using Chef (WebSphere versions, Portalserver clusters) and worked with AmazonAWS in moving QA environments to the cloud.
- Installed and Administered on GIT Server, migrated Projects from Subversion to GIT.
- Worked on Configuration Management using Subversion (SVN) to maintain admin related files.
- Used Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration.
- Created multipleMAVEN, Shell scripts for end to end build automation and deployment.
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the useful info about the release,software versions, and changes implemented in current release.
Environment: s: Java/J2EE, Jenkins, SVN, Chef, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MAVEN, Apache Tomcat Application Server, Linux, SQL, Docker, JIRA, Subversion, GIT, Python, Remedy, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Westborough, MA
Build and Release EngineerResponsibilities:
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure managementtool.
- Designed and implemented Subversion metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggersand hyperlinks.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus centralrepository for internal deployments.
- Integrated JIRA with subversion and configured with Jenkins to automate the entire Build andrelease process.
- Automated SQL Scripts Deployment to Staging and Production Databases with TFS DatabaseManagement and Red Gate Source Control.
- Maintained detailed documentation of moderately complex system specifications, including system installation procedures, system backup, recovery techniques and system test methods.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Performed all necessary day-to- day Subversion functions for the project like merging, creatingbranches and tags using Tortoise SVN/ Visual SVN.
- Developed and implemented an agile SDLC and refinement of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) infrastructure.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Controlled Subversion (branch) access to successfully run parallel development and release.
- Used Shell scripts for build automations and deployments.
- Tracked backlogs and fixed bugs using JIRA.
- Installed and administered tools like Jenkins, Jiraand Confluence.
- Configured Jenkins as a common build engine to build and deploy applications to DEV, QA, and UATand PROD environments.
- Supported engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary.
Environment: Subversion, Maven, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, JIRA, MS Share point XML, UNIX/ LINUX,Windows, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Java/J2EE, Oracle10g, 11g.
Confidential,New York City, NY
Build Support EngineerResponsibilities:
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Coordinated the resources by working closely with Project Managers for the release and carried deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Used Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Performed Load/Functional testing using Mercury Load runner and HP QTP
- Designed a customized Status Reporting tool used currently, based on the specific requirements using J2EE/ Struts and WebSphere Application Server with DB2 as Database.
- Coordinated all the IT projects successfully by resolving release interdependencies and planning release.
- Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at code Freeze Periods.
- Worked with many teams of strength more than 30 and managed 2 release/build engineers.
- Stand by administrator for Clear Case and PVCS
- Performed Functional and Stress Testing for a few applications using Mercury Load runner
- Worked with HP QTP for Functional Testing.
Environment: Subversion, Clear Case, Hudson, Java/J2EE, JDK, ANT, MAVEN, DB2, UNIX, Windows Server 2003 Windows XP, Web Sphere, Perl Scripting, HP Quality Center